Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just look today and my EDD changed to 7 February - 21 February. Not surprising since my SA told me the MY will be built in the first week in Feb and delivery two weeks later.
Do some SAs have this kind of information? Or do they just create information out of thin air?

All the SAs that I have talked to, say that they have the same information as what I see on the website.

Do some SAs have this kind of information? Or do they just create information out of thin air?

All the SAs that I have talked to, say that they have the same information as what I see on the website.
I don't know. He had my information and typed it into his computer. He then told me when it was going to be built. He could have been BS'ing me to get me out of the store but why would he?

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD

Seattle area | Ordered 9/5

As of yesterday, 1/22, EDD was two week window from 1/22 to 2/5. Pushed back today to 4 week window from 1/30 to 2/27.

I was in Bellevue Square store yesterday and asked if they had further info - the SA looked up my account and stated would be built 1st week in Feb and available for delivery 2-3 days after built; also seemed confident everything being built now was getting AMD. FWIW!

Thanks for sharing that. Just kidding, as a middle school parent, it should be 360 view, 365 days a year. hahahaha

I actually think the Atom is better then AMD because you will lose 3% battery range and I think it is not only just 3% given this car keep alive while you are not driving it. I have a 3, one night it started upgrading itself, and drained about 5% battery.
That was from a MY that came from Giga Shanghai...they have different EPA requirements. It has not been noted in the US or Canada, soI wouldn't worry as much about it, until/unless they note it here.
I received my VIN today. Order date was 9/4 with profile completion the same day. White base everything configuration. EDD was Feburary 4-18, now it is 2/9-2/12. My VIN is 364XXX. Does anyone know where the AMD chips are supposed to start? Thanks!
AMD apparently started with builds after 1/11-14 (can't remember the exact date).

Reactions: cyber2077
Anyone has found a mechanism to escalate a request past SA?

SAs are clueless, and they refuse to share appropriate escalation channels.
I wasn't happy with my first SA because he didn't reply to my email. Luckily, when I went in for a second test drive just to make sure I wanted to go through with the purchase, I dealt with an SA with 4 years experience with Tesla. I contacted the general Tesla number and spoke to someone in sales (this was back in October when they were really helpful vs. now) and they were able to facilitate me switching to the more experienced SA. I got this in writing from the manager of that specific Tesla sales center and it was a good move because he has helped me navigate some difficulties in scheduling delivery.
Do you live close enough to go to a Tesla sales center and talk to one of the managers?

• Informative
Reactions: night_fury
MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD

Seattle area | Ordered 9/5

As of yesterday, 1/22, EDD was two week window from 1/22 to 2/5. Pushed back today to 4 week window from 1/30 to 2/27.

I was in Bellevue Square store yesterday and asked if they had further info - the SA looked up my account and stated would be built 1st week in Feb and available for delivery 2-3 days after built; also seemed confident everything being built now was getting AMD. FWIW!
MYLR - While | Black | 5 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | No Tow | No FSD

Seattle area | Ordered 09/02 and completed profile on the same day

Man, I guess I am in the same boat. EDD changed to Jan 26. - Feb 5 this morning and I was actually hoping to receive an VIN in 3 days-ish. Who did you talk to in the store? I asked exactly the same questions a week ago there and I was told that manufacturing gate time is very scattered and they were only able to see what I could see on my app.

I don't know. He had my information and typed it into his computer. He then told me when it was going to be built. He could have been BS'ing me to get me out of the store but why would he?
When I got my “do you have a trade in?” text, I responded no and asked if the SA had any update. SA gave me a gate date of Feb 14. No guarantees but that was the best info as of 2 weeks ago. I also asked if they knew about AMD and Li Battery. SA said they had no idea. I believe they gave the best info they had at the time.

I would urge you to check out the payment time period. Tesla is going to give me money between 3-60 days. Carvana gives check in hand. Some others say 14 days after pickup. Carvana has the least headache. My choice was them but decided to go for Tesla because of the saving in sales tax on $36000. Unless Carvana was more by 7% over Tesla, Tesla still made sense. Make sure to do trade in before you make payments otherwise like me one will need to wait 2 months to get paid by Tesla.
are you saying they did not apply the credit of trade in immediately toward the car's price?

I would make sure you have nothing outstanding. Make sure your payment method is set to cash. If finance, it probably expired and that will push you back. SA can change this for one once you get a VIN. Also, if you had a trade in offer, it may have also expired. Set to no trade in. They will contact you about 30 days out and ask you about a trade in anyway.

If neither of those, call Tesla and ask them to validate your profile and make sure all is ok. Then ask them why the long EDD. EDD is based on your profile completion date, not your order date.
Thank you! I’m going to call today. We have it set to cash and no trade in so who knows. We did have a trade in that expired a few times but I finally deleted it in case it was messing with EDD.

I don’t have an SA, we did everything online, do you recommend calling the local dealership or the customer service number from the Tesla website?