Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean by Pre-approval checks? Are these the ones that got sent from Credit card for "0%" interest etc...? Or is it a check from Navy federal for the car loan? I had a check from Penfed for the car loan and gave it to the SA + using Plaid for the down payment.
Pre approval auto loan check. Basically used for when you don’t have a picked out car yet (in this case a vin). Once you do find a car then the dealership fills out the paperwork that comes with the check. I know Tesla doesn’t have dealerships so that’s why I called them and they told me yes, no, and depends. Really confusing lol

So the reason I bought my 7-seater Y was because I have a special needs child with behavioral issues. It's been five years since he and his brother could sit in the same car, as his younger brother is too small to sit in the front seat, and the older brother would reach out and go after said younger brother during a behavior.

This past weekend I was able to take both boys out to the playground together. It was the first time my youngest got to see my oldest at his residential home (been there a little over a year). The youngest sat in the third row, my special needs child in the second row in seat belts I had specially installed for him. I was able to take both out to the playground where they both played, ate chips and drank gatorade and went on the swings side by side.

It was the very reason I bought the car - the 7 seats, the autopilot capabilities that would allow me to react safely to a behavior in a back seat that before I would have to deal with anyways. No behaviors in this trip, but the peace of mind that it was there made all the difference in the world.

I waited several months for this moment. And on this spring day, it made it all worth it.

Pre approval auto loan check. Basically used for when you don’t have a picked out car yet (in this case a vin). Once you do find a car then the dealership fills out the paperwork that comes with the check. I know Tesla doesn’t have dealerships so that’s why I called them and they told me yes, no, and depends. Really confusing lol
Can you deposit it to your account and pay to Tesla via Plaid? For my PenFed check, we just sign in the back and give it to Tesla. Or your bank can reissue another check with Tesla's name on it.