Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I wanted to add Tow Hitch, it shouldn't change delivery just the cost? I wasn't aware of this. Is there a news article or something?
I didn't see a news article, just the mention here. I called my local delivery/service center and they confirmed that yes, Tesla had indeed changed the policy, allowing for changes in configuration without creating a new order subject to current pricing. I did not pull the trigger, as it is possible that the "wrong" change can negatively affect delivery date. My change would have been to add white seats, and as those are rarer, I thought my EDD would slip worse than it already has.

I didn't see a news article, just the mention here. I called my local delivery/service center and they confirmed that yes, Tesla had indeed changed the policy, allowing for changes in configuration without creating a new order subject to current pricing. I did not pull the trigger, as it is possible that the "wrong" change can negatively affect delivery date. My change would have been to add white seats, and as those are rarer, I thought my EDD would slip worse than it already has.

I updated my color to Blue (from white) and added tow, no change to EDD of 5/23-6/20. But you’re right, the “wrong” change could conceivably move you back.

Reactions: feargnomes
Got bumped as well to a longer window, 4/21 - 5/26. I'm pissed off. The a**hole Tesla person I talked to over the phone on the 18th said my car was still looking like a EOQ delivery. The news this morning doesn't point to an EOQ delivery. These delays keep costing us money and real inconveniences to our lives as many of you have pointed out. This whole experience now makes me associate Tesla with incompetence and lies. Like I posted a while back, yes the car is great, this will be my second, but in the end it's just a car that ages and wears just like any other. Can't wait to check out the competitors once I'm ready for our next car. Just pathetic.
Nailed it. I can't wait for 3 years for now when my MY lease expires and there's a ton of other competitive options to choose from. The customer experience is terrible. I wouldn't mind waiting if the EDD was solid and the Car was delivered within the EDD. It just lets you plan better. I sold off my car in the middle of December and it has been a minor inconvenience sharing one car at home for the last 4 months.

Nailed it. I can't wait for 3 years for now when my MY lease expires and there's a ton of other competitive options to choose from. The customer experience is terrible. I wouldn't mind waiting if the EDD was solid and the Car was delivered within the EDD. It just lets you plan better. I sold off my car in the middle of December and it has been a minor inconvenience sharing one car at home for the last 4 months.
Did somebody from DC reached out to you yet?

So did you pay on delivery day? Or ahead of time? I'm paying also with Plaid.
If it helps, The account page says "Payment Method: Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery."
My SA text me saying "Once your vehicle is in transit you'll get an SMS to upload a copy of your insurance and be able to submit your payment and schedule your delivery appointment. Please make sure to download Tesla app as all those steps will be done through your smartphone."

So I'm not alone then. lol. I didn't even get a text that a VIN was assigned.
Well in all fairness, I had just realized that the SA I booked the car with was no longer with Tesla. I then text the number that Tesla sends out text from and they assigned me a new SA. The VIN was coincidentally assigned when he text me to introduce himself to me. I don't think I got special treatment. Just happened.

If it helps, The account page says "Payment Method: Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery."
My SA text me saying "Once your vehicle is in transit you'll get an SMS to upload a copy of your insurance and be able to submit your payment and schedule your delivery appointment. Please make sure to download Tesla app as all those steps will be done through your smartphone."
I already uploaded my insurance when I finished setting up my profile. I just need to set up a delivery day and pay final balance. I'm just waiting to hear back from them before submitting payment. I already linked my bank to plaid so I just have to hit the button to submit payment.

I already uploaded my insurance when I finished setting up my profile. I just need to set up a delivery day and pay final balance. I'm just waiting to hear back from them before submitting payment. I already linked my bank to plaid so I just have to hit the button to submit payment.
Awesome. I should link my bank account to plaid as well to make it easier for the delivery. I had uploaded insurance when I completed profile on OD in September but I sold my car in December and had Insurance take that car off the policy. This changed the policy information and Tesla profile showed the insurance as expired. Just one more of those things that could go wrong ;)
Are you picking up form Burbank as well?

Awesome. I should link my bank account to plaid as well to make it easier for the delivery. I had uploaded insurance when I completed profile on OD in September but I sold my car in December and had Insurance take that car off the policy. This changed the policy information and Tesla profile showed the insurance as expired. Just one more of those things that could go wrong ;)
Are you picking up form Burbank as well?
I wouldn’t link to Plaid just yet. If you do, they will deduct your funds before you inspect. I think I am going to do it while at the DC.

Reactions: Sunil_K