Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh.. the VIN I'd been assigned just disappeared!
Exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. Had VIN assigned, got loan from bank, bank sent money to them, now today I checked and my VIN is gone and the MVPA is gone too. Delivery date still shows 3/23-3/31. September order date and something similar happened back in December also. They said they’re building the car and then got a new EDD of January. Looks like they gave away my car. Didn’t have FSD.

Exact same thing just happened to me yesterday. Had VIN assigned, got loan from bank, bank sent money to them, now today I checked and my VIN is gone and the MVPA is gone too. Delivery date still shows 3/23-3/31. September order date and something similar happened back in December also. They said they’re building the car and then got a new EDD of January. Looks like they gave away my car. Didn’t have FSD.

That's pretty frustrating, I wasn't aware that them just revoking a VIN without any action / inaction on my part was a possibility. I've messaged them today, fully expecting a form reply and a EDD pushout.

Yeah they're a mess at this point. I think we're learning they can't handle the ridiculously high demand while also trying to make it as high a profit Q1 as they can. The Customer Experience has been tossed out the window for now.

How did you secure that price? Through the web site or calling Tesla? I'm fed up and want to change my order to a MYP.
Check out this thread and instructions on how to edit your order, if you dont have the Edit option. Note, rumor is this is only, currently, good for orders after 1-Aug-21. Edit Design without affecting price now?

How did you secure that price? Through the web site or calling Tesla? I'm fed up and want to change my order to a MYP.
Just edit your order in your account. My didn't show up as editable, so I used this link with your order number: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx You will get a chance to make sure you still get the old pricing before confirming any changes.

24 hours later I was scheduling pick up for this weekend. My order was from 9/24 and my EDD was already April, so they might have just put me in front of the MYP line?

Alright I feel like I’ve been patient enough, but I had my EDD kicked out to April. I called and they mentioned that “yeah… that seems accurate” - pretty much saying that EOQ isn’t possible anymore.

I’m in socal with an OD of 7/22 and profile completion late August/early September (I can’t recall the exact date unfortunately).

I wish they would just share more information on what’s going on because they’ve told me that I was getting it by EOQ.

It’s really left an insanely salty taste in my mouth.

Check out this thread and instructions on how to edit your order, if you dont have the Edit option. Note, rumor is this is only, currently, good for orders after 1-Aug-21. Edit Design without affecting price now?
Thanks, BGOwner. I ended up calling Tesla this morning to check what Ys they had in stock right that second in Red. The rep told me he had a Red MYP with White interior. I told him to assign it to me. Delivery date is now 3/27-31. Insurance is secured and now waiting on the phone with DCU to finalize my loan doc. Got tired of waiting.

HI all,

I ordered MYLR7, blue with black interior, 20" Induction wheels, no tow, no FSD. Placed order on 09/26. Completed profile on 09/27. Received VIN on app 03/21/22. EDD of 03/24-04/03. Have not received automated text asking to schedule delivery. Called my local tesla where I will be pickinig up the vehicle yesterday to see if they could give me a more accurate delivery date. They didn't have any additional info but assured me that delivery period would be accurate and not pushed back. Keeping my fingers crossed!