Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 9/27
MYLR, msm, black, tow hitch
Edd: moved to Nov 5-December 3!!

I’m unfortunately not ready this early, it had original said to me March as edd. If I do not take delivery will I get hit with the new price hike? I’m moving in December and can’t take the credit hit nor have the space right now.

Order date: 9/27
MYLR, msm, black, tow hitch
Edd: moved to Nov 5-December 3!!

I’m unfortunately not ready this early, it had original said to me March as edd. If I do not take delivery will I get hit with the new price hike? I’m moving in December and can’t take the credit hit nor have the space right now.

I wouldn't worry about it too much until you have a VIN or at least a smaller time window. You'll likely bounce back to 2022 and then some more before delivery!

Reactions: FJ60LC
I wouldn't worry about it too much until you have a VIN or at least a smaller time window. You'll likely bounce back to 2022 and then some more before delivery!

I hope not lol, I’m holding off on inputting my loan information. I’m closing on a house next month and they will be watching my credit and statements like a hawk and adjusting my rate accordingly

First ordered model Y LR, midnight grey with tow hitch on September 8. First EDD was January 22. Then a second EDD was added for a late December/January delivery. 2 weeks ago I got a new EDD of November 20 - December 18... With Q4 delivery push, I was hopeful but yesterday....kabooom I got a new ED of jan 5 - feb 02 2022. I still think it's still going to change.... well I hope because I don't wanna put the winter tires on my old car before exchanging it to Tesla FFS.
I booked 2 days ahead of you. I suspect you will get your vehicle in December, particularly if you are on the west coast. If our rebate bill gets passed many Americans will refuse delivery in second half of December so they will prioritize orders in Canada and other countries in the American continent.

Reactions: pgcoco
I booked 2 days ahead of you. I suspect you will get your vehicle in December, particularly if you are on the west coast. If our rebate bill gets passed many Americans will refuse delivery in second half of December so they will prioritize orders in Canada and other countries in the American continent.
Most likely, if the bill passes it will be retroactive to avoid production/distribution disruptions.

tax credit proposal.jpg

Last I read EV credit of 7500 is retroactive till may 24th 2021

Yea that is just stupid. A 25%+ subsidy for buying an electric car for that AGI level. Isn't the purpose of this bill to increase utilization of green vehicles for all Americans? I can see a cap (why subsidize the purchase of a 185k Porsche for example), but 40k/100k is just too low.

Reactions: Tararua
Yea that is just stupid. A 25%+ subsidy for buying an electric car for that AGI level. Isn't the purpose of this bill to increase utilization of green vehicles for all Americans? I can see a cap (why subsidize the purchase of a 185k Porsche for example), but 40k/100k is just too low.
I’d propose a phaseout of 40-70k on the car price and 300-500k on household agi

Why phase out at 40-70k or put a limit on income? Those making 300k+ already paying higher income taxes.

How about AGI of 10 million? Should they also benefit? Point is, higher income earners loose tax credits/breaks all the time but have other ways of sheltering money that most low-income earners do not have access to. Either way, I'm above the 300k mark but would love to retain the tax credit as I move forward with my first EV. If I was making 7 figures I would just accept that the line has been drawn in the sand. Same with student loan deductions for example.

Have you guys who booked an MYLR in September started looking at quotes for EV charger installation? I booked an appointment for this month. My cheapest and most professional response/quote was from a Tesla recommended electrician. I also signed up for an EV plan where I get 6 cents per KWH in the night and 12 cents during the day until 5.00 PM. 5.00 PM to 10.00 PM is a brutal 28 cents. We will still have an ICE vehicle and I WFH 4 days a week, so our use of cars has gone down since the pandemic. My installation of the Tesla WC is fixed for the end of this month. I like to get things done in advance. I am however not buying any accessories until I know Tesla has not made changes to the design when it rolls out the 2022 model and also from January.

Have you guys who booked an MYLR in September started looking at quotes for EV charger installation? I booked an appointment for this month. My cheapest and most professional response/quote was from a Tesla recommended electrician. I also signed up for an EV plan where I get 6 cents per KWH in the night and 12 cents during the day until 5.00 PM. 5.00 PM to 10.00 PM is a brutal 28 cents. We will still have an ICE vehicle and I WFH 4 days a week, so our use of cars has gone down since the pandemic. My installation of the Tesla WC is fixed for the end of this month. I like to get things done in advance. I am however not buying any accessories until I know Tesla has not made changes to the design when it rolls out the 2022 model and also from January.

We're planning to move in either 22 or 23, so I'm just getting a NEMA 14-50 for this house. Happily, garage has a fuse box, so it shouldn't be the biggest job. Electrician is supposed to be coming this Thursday. If I wasn't planning to move, I'd probably do the Tesla WC, though to be honest, the 29 miles per hour the 14-50 will give should be plenty. Haven't signed up for any EV power plan - may give Xcel a ring this week to see what they're offering...

How about AGI of 10 million? Should they also benefit?
Yes, they are also honest citizens that shouldn't be treated like lower class. If we are all equal then everyone should benefit equally.

Point is, higher income earners loose tax credits/breaks all the time but have other ways of sheltering money that most low-income earners do not have access to.
Sheltering? Are you implying that the do something illegal? If not, then they should be treated as anyone else. Equality, remember?

Either way, I'm above the 300k mark but would love to retain the tax credit as I move forward with my first EV. If I was making 7 figures I would just accept that the line has been drawn in the sand.
There shouldn't be a line because we are all equal.

While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?

Attachments

• 20211016_072135.jpg
    20211016_072135.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 56