Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to my SA this morning and got this response. Also this is like my 5th SA

“Good morning James! This is your Tesla delivery advisor Kyle, I believe Carlos had replied to one of your messages earlier. Your vehicle is still pending manufacture, possibly delayed due to supply chain volatility

In regard to insurance, I would recommend letting your insurer know the car has not been built yet and you have not taken delivery; I'm actually surprised they were able to get you insurance for the VIN, usually they're not in their database until the car has cleared the factory gate. At any rate, one you have a scheduled delivery date, you'll be able to go into the Tesla App to upload insurance (for any car you drive, does not have to be for the new car) and/or get a quote for Tesla Insurance”

I guess I’ll just keep renting cars and Uber until then. It’s kinda wild how nobody really knows what’s going on. I wish they had a legit tracking system that we could follow.
What??!! but you already have a VIN. What range is it? I have a VIN as well assigned on 3/21 and both Tesla Insurance as well as Geico had the car information based on the VIN number. Also, from what I understand, a manufacturer cannot assign a VIN to a car and customer if it cannot be built. The idea of the VIN is to hold all the build information as well as history of the car.

Reactions: Jd2pictures
What??!! but you already have a VIN. What range is it? I have a VIN as well assigned on 3/21 and both Tesla Insurance as well as Geico had the car information based on the VIN number. Also, from what I understand, a manufacturer cannot assign a VIN to a car and customer if it cannot be built. The idea of the VIN is to hold all the build information as well as history of the car.
Exactly!!!! I was able to Load everything in with USAA no problem as well as when I looked into Tesla Insurance, so I'm confused on how its "Not Built". I kinda took everything he said with a grain of salt, but its annoying not getting any concrete information.

Exactly!!!! I was able to Load everything in with USAA no problem as well as when I looked into Tesla Insurance, so I'm confused on how its "Not Built". I kinda took everything he said with a grain of salt, but its annoying not getting any concrete information.
Maybe its built but has minor items needing to be added so has not yet left Factory. Not sure what the SA sees after VIN is assigned.

Reactions: Tesraki and Sunil_K
That's pretty frustrating, I wasn't aware that them just revoking a VIN without any action / inaction on my part was a possibility. I've messaged them today, fully expecting a form reply and a EDD pushout.
Yep, here's the reply I got to my questions about why my VIN disappeared and EDD pushed back to April-May.
"We have very limited information as we are experiencing a delay with all orders at this time due to production levels and supply shortage in Fremont. The estimated delivery window located in your account is subject to shift in either direction. You have done everything to ensure you will get the earliest delivery available based on your order date and configuration. We will notify you soon as we have an available vehicle. Thank you."

• Informative
Reactions: Sunil_K
Tesla is now displaying an EDD of January to April 2023 on the basic MYLR build. It was December as of yesterday I believe.

MYLR.JPG

Yep, here's the reply I got to my questions about why my VIN disappeared and EDD pushed back to April-May.
"We have very limited information as we are experiencing a delay with all orders at this time due to production levels and supply shortage in Fremont. The estimated delivery window located in your account is subject to shift in either direction. You have done everything to ensure you will get the earliest delivery available based on your order date and configuration. We will notify you soon as we have an available vehicle. Thank you."
their handling of orders and customer service just freaks me out. I am constantly checking to make sure my VIN doesn't disappear. Just want this to be over for all of us in the September pool.

Considering switching from a LR to P. Anyone make the switch? I'm not concerned about the additional cost. I actually love that I'm able to get the price of the P from original OD. Just on the fence due to what I heard about ride quality. I should probably test one, but is there THAT much of a difference between the 19s? Also, anyone know if the 2022s are shipping with all-weather tires?

19” wheels seems to be on the shortage, as one of the SAs at the showroom gave that as a hint, as to why my order might be getting delayed.

Also, if I wanted to upgrade, the SA confirmed that I will be subject to new prices as of today as my OD was end of May (where I locked in on a good price, but I had put a hold till sept 2).

Mine will be considered a sept order, but can’t upgrade anything with sept price . I’m basically stuck and in a limbo :(

I asked my SA on monday if I found a car that was my exact match if I could grab it for the same price and he replied he wasn't sure if that would work and he would get back to me. Then he hasn't replied since, sigh.

They need to incentivize SA’s with commission. I’d gladly write a separate check to the SA who could match me to a vehicle.

Then they’d be somewhat invested in actually getting customers into cars and provide better CS, instead of the drag-ass, good-for nothing-service a decent portion of them currently provide.

I’ve been obsessed with checking my app and this forum. I’m going to try not to look at it this weekend…perhaps even longer. I’ll probably just wait for a text or email. The continuous disappointment is draining. 😩✌🏽
Speaking of disappointment, I've had a VIN since 3/21 and my EDD just changed to 3/29-4/4. It's still almost within the previous window but scarily close to EOQ date.

Reactions: HopefulCali
19” wheels seems to be on the shortage, as one of the SAs at the showroom gave that as a hint, as to why my order might be getting delayed.

Also, if I wanted to upgrade, the SA confirmed that I will be subject to new prices as of today as my OD was end of May (where I locked in on a good price, but I had put a hold till sept 2).

Mine will be considered a sept order, but can’t upgrade anything with sept price . I’m basically stuck and in a limbo :(
There's a bunch of cars at giga Austin with 19" wheels. If I were Tesla, I'd ship those wheels back to freemont to make EOQ numbers bigger !

• Funny
Reactions: rsb290