Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date 2 Sept 21, EDD 20 Apr to 25 May 22, until this morning, now changed to 9 Sept to 4 Nov. I have to assume Tesla would prefer that I cancel my order.
Have been a lot of times when EDD pushes out far when it was not too far in the future. Then few days later BAM!!! VIN. Not sure why this happens, but it seems if you are about to get a VIN, sometimes your EDD goes way out first. Here is to hoping. 🤞

Is your profile complete? This happened to me as well and it was because I picked the finance option but my finance app expired (it expires after three months). The SA changed it to cash and a couple days later the date refreshed itself and went back!
I thought it was, I guess I'll really have to look at it and call my SA and double check. I'm still waiting on a trade in quote but from what I heard, the offers aren't fantastic. I wonder if it got pushed because of the possible trade in?

I thought it was, I guess I'll really have to look at it and call my SA and double check. I'm still waiting on a trade in quote but from what I heard, the offers aren't fantastic. I wonder if it got pushed because of the possible trade in?
probably, but will pull back in after you get your quote. As I mentioned in the prior post, right before you get a VIN, the system sometimes gives you an EDD way out.

Order date 2 Sept 21, EDD 20 Apr to 25 May 22, until this morning, now changed to 9 Sept to 4 Nov. I have to assume Tesla would prefer that I cancel my order.
Given the recent sharp increases in raw materials, with no indication they will come down anytime soon and the potential for it to keep getting worse on account of the Russian invasion at what point does it become unprofitable for Tesla to produce orders placed at last years prices? I see a scenario where they push indefinitely. Is there even a clause in the order agreement that states Tesla has to delivery an order within a certain time period?

• Disagree
Reactions: BGOwner
After being on the phone with Tesla and also text messaging them, they pretty much told me they had "incorrectly" assigned the vin to me because the car wasn't the color I'd ordered. I ordered white and what was produced is grey, so they assigned the VIN to another customer. Nothing else they can do they said. Congrats to whoever got the same car I wanted but in grey.

From what I understand in the whole Tesla order process is that while waiting for VIN, you keep your profile information as simple as possible, it means that Cash and no trade-in. Once you get a VIN, you will request to change to finance and you will also receive a text regarding trade-in. If you have these 2 variables (finance and trade-in) in your profile, then your EDD will keep changing whenever these expired - finance - 60days, trade-in monthly (i think). This is what I learned from the forum.

Reactions: Sunil_K