Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, FYI:

Financing at DCU now is at 2.49% for 65 months (with the best possible credit score) with the EV credit included.

With auto pay+direct deposit, your 100% of salary is now the criteria to qualify (I remember a portion of salary was good enough before) to get 1.99% i.e. additional 0.5% discount. Opted out of this, as I would prefer my DD to be with some other bank, rather than sitting in DCU.

Fed has tightened the rates since mid of March and the 1.24% Rates are no longer available. :/ I had a loan approved for 1.24 but all rate locks expired by default since March 18.

In hindsight, I am getting my car priced at 53,990 (excl taxes) which is 10-11K less than what it is today :) I have my loan approved @ 2.49%, down payment done and vehicle to be picked up on the 28th. 2 days to go and can’t wait to see my “silent” beast :)

(Just a few more weeks) x (5) = pissed off customers. Gonna be hard to continue to recommend Tesla to friends and family at this point. I guess just make sure to tell them to expect to wait much longer than they were told, and to not get excited until the car is in their possession.
Yeah, tell them they don't know what they order, expect a delusional time period where they order a product that doesn't exist for a period of time. For me, I have heard of a Model Y, but don't know what I order, it's a vaporware until I see it with my own eyes, I can touch it with my own hand, I can actually get in & drive away like what the nonexistent product is intended to do. 😞

Folks, FYI:

Financing at DCU now is at 2.49% for 65 months (with the best possible credit score) with the EV credit included.

With auto pay+direct deposit, your 100% of salary is now the criteria to qualify (I remember a portion of salary was good enough before) to get 1.99% i.e. additional 0.5% discount. Opted out of this, as I would prefer my DD to be with some other bank, rather than sitting in DCU.

Fed has tightened the rates since mid of March and the 1.24% Rates are no longer available. :/ I had a loan approved for 1.24 but all rate locks expired by default since March 18.

In hindsight, I am getting my car priced at 53,990 (excl taxes) which is 10-11K less than what it is today :) I have my loan approved @ 2.49%, down payment done and vehicle to be picked up on the 28th. 2 days to go and can’t wait to see my “silent” beast :)
How do they know you are depositing the entire check or not for DD?

How do they know you are depositing the entire check or not for DD?
Portion of it was allowed before as I remember. Ever since things have tightened up, the criteria to qualify for discounts has as well.

When asked I did opt for it initially. They then said that it should be 100% of your salary coming in as DD and can’t be a portion of it (not sure how they would verify).

You can give it a try by opting for DD and see if a portion of your salary works after starting your loan. That’s an extra 13$/ month, which I didn’t want to risk for that extra 0.5%, with too many back and forth.

Portion of it was allowed before as I remember. Ever since things have tightened up, the criteria to qualify for discounts has as well.

When asked I did opt for it initially. They then said that it should be 100% of your salary coming in as DD and can’t be a portion of it (not sure how they would verify).

You can give it a try by opting for DD and see if a portion of your salary works after starting your loan. That’s an extra 13$/ month, which I didn’t want to risk for that extra 0.5%, with too many back and forth.
Wouldn't they just remove the .5% discount if they were to audit you or are you saying they would remove the .25% as well? Seems like it would be difficult for them to check unless there was an audit. I may roll the dice otherwise I can just opt to have my entire check sent there I guess.

Wouldn't they just remove the .5% discount if they were to audit you or are you saying they would remove the .25% as well? Seems like it would be difficult for them to check unless there was an audit. I may roll the dice otherwise I can just opt to have my entire check sent there I guess.
That’s the grey area, the audit part. They did mention that once you opt in for DD and if the criteria isn’t met, then existing rate of 1.99 won’t be met and we would be subject to new rates and would go through a new loan approval process (another hard credit check). Too many variables, that’s why I let go off that 0.5%.

You can talk with DCU to see if they are giving you same exact info as what I am sharing here. If anything contrasting, pls do share for folks here as I don’t want to spread misinformation :)

Pickup scheduled for the 9th at noon. Wish it was earlier!
341C4462-30B3-4563-8BBA-69FE7B8C5448.jpeg

Been lurking here for about a month and wanted to add my details as I have found reading about others' experiences has been so helpful.
OD: 9/29/2021
MSM, LR
7 seats
Tow hitch
EDD: May 4-June 1*
* has bounced around a bit and I got a 2-week window and lots of calls wanting to talk about financing and trade-ins back in late February but never got a VIN.

@Hunter6 and other Orygun VIN lottery winners...stopped by the Washington Square Showroom and asked if they could see where my ride was on its journey and they looked it up and saw it that it was at the service center already! Here's where it gets strange...the SA asked if I wanted to schedule my appointment and I said uh yeah, so he schedules me for this Friday. I walk out thinking that the last 1000 times I visited that store I went away thinking dang maybe next time and this time I walked out thinking I had a delivery scheduled. I carry on with my next errand and get a call from Mcaddam and they explained that the SA jumped the gun and that they had a big backlog of newly arrived vehicles that they are waiting on parts for. So, my guess is that they are adding on USB ports and or mud flaps or whatever and are just waiting to do that. He gave me the impression that we should be good to go next week, but wanted to share if you didn't see a delivery text...also this could be happening in other areas as well as they are trying to clear the manufacturing lines of backlog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdizzl11
Do you mean DCU no longer do rate locks?
It expires after one point (I think it’s hardly few days) even though the loan approval can be for 45 days (60 days for some other banks/CU’s)

My existing rate lock expired on March 18 (was approved on 3/14) because DCU told me that direction came from Fed on 18th to increase the interest rates to banks and credit unions. Ideally right now, rate locks would be ranging between few days-weeks, better to check with them once.

But would highly recommend to apply for the loan only after you get a VIN. DCU is pretty fast in approval process, once you have VIN and MVPA.

• Helpful
Reactions: skiptomylu
Ok so this financing thing is wild! I have never had to do financing like this. Normally you go to the dealer and they do everything.

So I have had to call Tesla 3 times already asking for all these documents that I have no idea what my bank is talking about.

I don't know if my guy is new or what but it is super annoying. So in case anyone runs into issues and is going with a FCU bank.... they need the MVP, Guarantee agreement, and Title application to be able to mail the check to Tesla before the car is picked up.

My bank does not allow cashier checks to be given to a personel person. They only will mail the check to Tesla. 🙄 Which means it has to be done before I take delivery. My bank did say they will overnight the check but damn.

On a positive note..... my baby's birthday was April 24th which is very close to my grandma's birthday. I am naming my Tesla after my grandma and coincidently my delivery EDD is her birthday which is May 10th 🙏❤️😁

Last edited: