Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
question about timing of payment.

I have a VIN but no delivery date yet...could be as early as mid to late next week. When I open the app it says to make my final payment. Do I need to make the payment now, either down payment or the entire payment?

I am financing through Tesla but not sure about the timing of everything and want to make sure I don't end up delaying the delivery.
When I purchased both my M3s, I got a delivery date before I made the payment. I financed both times with Tesla. I just assumed as long as the payment processed before the delivery date I was fine!

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Guys I am so frustrated with this financing paperwork stuff 😭😭😭 I just read Tesla only accepts wire transfer, direct deposit, or cashier check WTF!!!

PLEASE LORD!! I have been approved why does this 💩💩 have to be so complicated 😭😭😭
If you not using Tesla financing, all you just need to call a service agent and let them know the financial institution you are using. I am sure they will help in any way possible to get your money.

Reactions: DrGriz
Got a VIN on 4/14 — EDD was 4/26 til 5/2 and my SA said yesterday it would arrive to delivery center in Mississippi “early next week.” Tonight, the Tesla app updates the EDD to 5/13-5/17!

Is this a sign of a problem? Does cars from Fremont to east of Mississippi really take a month to be delivered? My SA has not been forthcoming

Reactions: BGOwner
Navy federal advertises a 2.29 percent for 72 months. I applied and got a 2 percent rate flat so not bad. If y’all are able to get a membership there I totally recommend them.

My EDD is moving back everyday it is now 4/26-4/30. I assume this will keep happening until someone reaches out to me to schedule a set date. Just waiting on this now.
That who I financed with. 1.79 for 3 years.

Got a VIN on 4/14 — EDD was 4/26 til 5/2 and my SA said yesterday it would arrive to delivery center in Mississippi “early next week.” Tonight, the Tesla app updates the EDD to 5/13-5/17!

Is this a sign of a problem? Does cars from Fremont to east of Mississippi really take a month to be delivered? My SA has not been forthcoming
After reading your post now you’ve got me worried. Got VIN on 4/21 with EDD OF 5/8-5/10. Today it updated to 5/10-5/14. Just sold my car. Sure hope it’s not pushed back further!

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Didn't think it'll happen to me but my EDD got pushed twice already. Tomorrow will be the start of the third EDD. OD 9/18/21, MYLR White on White. Still got 4 week EDD range and no VIN. So I'm guessing its going to be pushed again tomorrow to May.

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Didn't think it'll happen to me but my EDD got pushed twice already. Tomorrow will be the start of the third EDD. OD 9/18/21, MYLR White on White. Still got 4 week EDD range and no VIN. So I'm guessing its going to be pushed again tomorrow to May.
Likely pushed 2nd day in (day after tomorrow). If you're lucky you'll be pushed into a 2wk range or June jail.
Good luck.

My SA told me he has no visibility into if the vehicle is in cali or if its in on its way.

It can’t take too long to bring a load from cali to wa. Max 3 days lol im guessing. Hope it gets here quickly. Getting a bit impatient now.

OD 9/23, MSM all default. VIN assigned 4/25

Edd shows 4/26 to 4/30.

That is exactly what I was told today as well during the 5 millionth time I had to call because of my bank.

My delivery EDD is the same as @Bookman
We’re all 3 definitely in the same bucket. Our EDDs were the same until I forced mine into being a specific day/time. The accounts of parts holds are concerning. Given the flood of VIN assignments over the last week, we may have transitioned from a production bottleneck to a transportation and logistics nightmare.

I’m going to switch my order from cash to financing today. My vote of confidence that the VINs will stick and we’ll be rolling in our Y’s sooner rather than later.

My SA told me he has no visibility into if the vehicle is in cali or if its in on its way.

It can’t take too long to bring a load from cali to wa. Max 3 days lol im guessing. Hope it gets here quickly. Getting a bit impatient now.

OD 9/23, MSM all default. VIN assigned 4/25

Edd shows 4/26 to 4/30.
Its likely at the delivery center and waiting for parts like ours in Oregon. SA looked it up on the map and it pinged the delivery center...