Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup scheduled for the 9th at noon. Wish it was earlier! View attachment 797808

Got my schedule a delivery notification. I have the option of 5/5, 5/6, or 5/7. Can't wait.
Once I had a delivery scheduled, I called my SA and let them know that was a rough day for me, and could I move it earlier. Even though their scheduling tool didn't have openings earlier, they were able to accommodate me coming in as much as 2 days before I was scheduled for. Not sure if your location can support that or not but it's worth a try! Good Luck!

Ok so this financing thing is wild! I have never had to do financing like this. Normally you go to the dealer and they do everything.

So I have had to call Tesla 3 times already asking for all these documents that I have no idea what my bank is talking about.

I don't know if my guy is new or what but it is super annoying. So in case anyone runs into issues and is going with a FCU bank.... they need the MVP, Guarantee agreement, and Title application to be able to mail the check to Tesla before the car is picked up.

My bank does not allow cashier checks to be given to a personel person. They only will mail the check to Tesla. 🙄 Which means it has to be done before I take delivery. My bank did say they will overnight the check but damn.

On a positive note..... my baby's birthday was April 24th which is very close to my grandma's birthday. I am naming my Tesla after my grandma and coincidently my delivery EDD is her birthday which is May 10th 🙏❤️😁
I had strange experience with banking as well. I had the SA change me to cash (had to tell them how much I wanted to pay up front), and made a downpayment of about 1/3 the amount, then called back and had them change it to loan so that the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) would show the payment I made and the total value of the car for my bank to be able to write the loan. I was able to take in a cashiers check to Tesla and just drop it off. Tesla also asked who my loan was from, so the MVPA showed the amount paid by me, the amount paid by the bank, and any left over. Took 4-5 calls but Tesla was very responsive for once.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Ok so this financing thing is wild! I have never had to do financing like this. Normally you go to the dealer and they do everything.

So I have had to call Tesla 3 times already asking for all these documents that I have no idea what my bank is talking about.

I don't know if my guy is new or what but it is super annoying. So in case anyone runs into issues and is going with a FCU bank.... they need the MVP, Guarantee agreement, and Title application to be able to mail the check to Tesla before the car is picked up.

My bank does not allow cashier checks to be given to a personel person. They only will mail the check to Tesla. 🙄 Which means it has to be done before I take delivery. My bank did say they will overnight the check but damn.

On a positive note..... my baby's birthday was April 24th which is very close to my grandma's birthday. I am naming my Tesla after my grandma and coincidently my delivery EDD is her birthday which is May 10th 🙏❤️😁
I talked to the SA about this specifically and he said that Tesla will accept a photo of the check and the routing number as proof that it is "on the way" and Happy Birthday and that's a sweet way to keep your Grandma's memory going!

If they overnight it that should be fine. You can also get your bank to email you an image of the check as DCU told me that Tesla will accept that and a fed ex tracking number in the event the check hasn’t been fully processed.

You can get the MVPA from your manage account section. I didn’t have to do a title application or guarantee agreement but this could be a state to state thing.

Once I had a delivery scheduled, I called my SA and let them know that was a rough day for me, and could I move it earlier. Even though their scheduling tool didn't have openings earlier, they were able to accommodate me coming in as much as 2 days before I was scheduled for. Not sure if your location can support that or not but it's worth a try! Good Luck!
How long between getting your VIN and being able to pick it up from Mccadam? Trying to gauge this "ordering of parts" that was mentioned when I asked delivery time.

Thanks!

My delivery date was literally today and they weren’t sure if the car it at DC or not. They mentioned that I can pick it up latest but Friday. I asked if Saturday possibly and was assigned Saturday morning.

Confirmed AMD and 120 v battery.
Delivery delayed. Got this email

I was just checking on the status of the car, and it looks like it is subject to a Parts Hold right now, so you delivery may get delayed unfortunately…

We have just been made aware of a batch of cars that were delivered with some items missing due to supply issues in the factory.

Your car is at the delivery center right now, but is waiting on some parts to arrive. Once they arrive (supposed to have shipped this week) they will be installed at the service center, and we will reach out to you to reschedule the delivery.

Probably a 7 to 10 day delay, but we will know more once the parts have arrived.

Sorry for the delay…

I had strange experience with banking as well. I had the SA change me to cash (had to tell them how much I wanted to pay up front), and made a downpayment of about 1/3 the amount, then called back and had them change it to loan so that the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) would show the payment I made and the total value of the car for my bank to be able to write the loan. I was able to take in a cashiers check to Tesla and just drop it off. Tesla also asked who my loan was from, so the MVPA showed the amount paid by me, the amount paid by the bank, and any left over. Took 4-5 calls but Tesla was very responsive for once.
If my bank allowed cashiers checks I would be golden! But unfortunately they do not. Thankfully my friend is the Director of loan services so I ha e reached out to her to help me because this loan guy is killing me.

Like give me a list with what you need and then send it. Don't tell me all you need is...... 5 million times 🙄

I sent over the documents he requested and he emailed me back with are these documents signed? How the F do I know! I don't even know what these documents are?!

I was like..... that is it! I am texting my girl because this is not my job! And at 4.25% they can f'ing request the docs they need 🤬

Reactions: feargnomes
If my bank allowed cashiers checks I would be golden! But unfortunately they do not. Thankfully my friend is the Director of loan services so I ha e reached out to her to help me because this loan guy is killing me.

Like give me a list with what you need and then send it. Don't tell me all you need is...... 5 million times 🙄

I sent over the documents he requested and he emailed me back with are these documents signed? How the F do I know! I don't even know what these documents are?!

I was like..... that is it! I am texting my girl because this is not my job! And at 4.25% they can f'ing request the docs they need 🤬
Just use Tesla financing or DCU. When I used DCU they knew exactly the process for Tesla as they have done many of these transactions.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Delivery delayed. Got this email

I was just checking on the status of the car, and it looks like it is subject to a Parts Hold right now, so you delivery may get delayed unfortunately…

We have just been made aware of a batch of cars that were delivered with some items missing due to supply issues in the factory.

Your car is at the delivery center right now, but is waiting on some parts to arrive. Once they arrive (supposed to have shipped this week) they will be installed at the service center, and we will reach out to you to reschedule the delivery.

Probably a 7 to 10 day delay, but we will know more once the parts have arrived.

Sorry for the delay…
I can confirm the same for the Oregon Y's as well and was told the same...freaking USB ports lol

How long between getting your VIN and being able to pick it up from Mccadam? Trying to gauge this "ordering of parts" that was mentioned when I asked delivery time.
I received my vin late Thursday night, got my finances and paperwork done Friday and Saturday and picked up Monday afternoon. It was a little weird getting the finances done on the weekend so not sure if that made it longer or shorter. The date they gave me originally to pick up was Wednesday which I moved to Tuesday, and then eventually to Monday. Hope that helps. I had a trip coming on Thursday so I wanted it done before my wife had to deal with it on her own. She doesn’t need that extra stress 😀

Reactions: Antonius138
@Hunter6 and other Orygun VIN lottery winners...stopped by the Washington Square Showroom and asked if they could see where my ride was on its journey and they looked it up and saw it that it was at the service center already! Here's where it gets strange...the SA asked if I wanted to schedule my appointment and I said uh yeah, so he schedules me for this Friday. I walk out thinking that the last 1000 times I visited that store I went away thinking dang maybe next time and this time I walked out thinking I had a delivery scheduled. I carry on with my next errand and get a call from Mcaddam and they explained that the SA jumped the gun and that they had a big backlog of newly arrived vehicles that they are waiting on parts for. So, my guess is that they are adding on USB ports and or mud flaps or whatever and are just waiting to do that. He gave me the impression that we should be good to go next week, but wanted to share if you didn't see a delivery text...also this could be happening in other areas as well as they are trying to clear the manufacturing lines of backlog.
I was told it was a part which is connected to a charging port. How can a car even pass QC without a charging test is beyond my understanding... that too an electric car.

The new advisor I am connected to is a great person and he has been checking in and answering my queries very timely, so I did not see a point in venting out my frustration to him. In the end, this is how Tesla delivery fulfillment works and I choose to accept it. Will I be a Tesla customer again? At this instance, I don't think so.

Reactions: Antonius138
I was told it was a part which is connected to a charging port. How can a car even pass QC without a charging test is beyond my understanding... that too an electric car.

The new advisor I am connected to is a great person and he has been checking in and answering my queries very timely, so I did not see a point in venting out my frustration to him. In the end, this is how Tesla delivery fulfillment works and I choose to accept it. Will I be a Tesla customer again? At this instance, I don't think so.
It sounds like the factory knew that it was not included. Shipped the car and then the missing part when they got it back in stock for the DC to install. Same as last year when they shipped without USB as they didn’t have any to install.

Reactions: gaurilla