Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I am so frustrated with this financing paperwork stuff 😭😭😭 I just read Tesla only accepts wire transfer, direct deposit, or cashier check WTF!!!

PLEASE LORD!! I have been approved why does this 💩💩 have to be so complicated 😭😭😭
Your bank can send the payment directly to Tesla, you just need a picture and tracking number to upload in your account. For your deposit, you can wire transfer or ACH or cashier check. I was panicked at first, but found out the process is very simple.

I don’t think it’s the forum that makes me antsy, I think it’s the fact it’s been 229 days since I ordered and I already wasn’t patient. Tesla teaches patience, I’m just not good at it.
Curious what happens to your dates.

We have the exact same car on order and I got two days into my 4/25-5/23 EDD window and got moved into a 2 week window of 5/15-5/29.

Hoping you reduce to a 2-week window as well but hopefully you don't get pushed to the end of your present EDD window.

And let's hope your dates don't go into June.

I'm confident you and I will have our cars in May. (That's what I say every night before I go to bed so I can sleep better)

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Didn't think it'll happen to me but my EDD got pushed twice already. Tomorrow will be the start of the third EDD. OD 9/18/21, MYLR White on White. Still got 4 week EDD range and no VIN. So I'm guessing its going to be pushed again tomorrow to May.
that's exactly what happened to me and I see we might have the same config. I just hope for 2 week window in May.

has anyone just been progressively bumped back each month? I ordered in June 2021, on hold and released in jan. Original EDd when I released in jan 2022 was May (4-5months out). Over the past few months I have been bumped multiple times, now my EDD is august-October (still 4–5months out) it seems that my position in line just hasn’t changed at all and I’m being passed over or something. Is this happening to anyone else? Really frustrated as I could have gotten myself on a short list for a q4 etron Back in jan and probably been one of the first allocations at the dealership, but now the list has grown significantly.

Anyway just frustrated. And yes aware that EDd is an estimate and not a guarantee, etc etc, but again I was 4 months away 4 months ago, and I’m still 4 months away now

Last edited:
Your bank can send the payment directly to Tesla, you just need a picture and tracking number to upload in your account. For your deposit, you can wire transfer or ACH or cashier check. I was panicked at first, but found out the process is very simple.
I wish it was that easy but thos bank is crazy weird. And now my friend and the finance person has gone MIA 🙄

I applied with DCU and my main bank. So I still have another week to get things straightened out.

That is exactly what I was told today as well during the 5 millionth time I had to call because of my bank.

My delivery EDD is the same as @Bookman
I can verify that. Just left DC. Was told car is NOT in transit, it’s still in Richmond CA rail yard
My delivery appointment hasn’t changed, but I talked to an SA today and they indicated that the car had not yet left California…
Can verify that. Just left DC. Was told car is NOT in transit, it‘s still in Richmond CA rail yard. Guy said they are shipped by rail to Birmingham AL, then transported the rest of the way by truck. He also said they will schedule delivery date once the car is in transit, that they need 24 hrs or so to prep the car once they receive it, and that EDD could be extended due to truck driver shortages. Suggested I text SA in a few days to inquire if it’s shipped yet. When they verify that, it makes the pending delivery date a little clearer. We’ll see.

Reactions: OmbreCake
I can verify that. Just left DC. Was told car is NOT in transit, it’s still in Richmond CA rail yard

Can verify that. Just left DC. Was told car is NOT in transit, it‘s still in Richmond CA rail yard. Guy said they are shipped by rail to Birmingham AL, then transported the rest of the way by truck. He also said they will schedule delivery date once the car is in transit, that they need 24 hrs or so to prep the car once they receive it, and that EDD could be extended due to truck driver shortages. Suggested I text SA in a few days to inquire if it’s shipped yet. When they verify that, it makes the pending delivery date a little clearer. We’ll see.
Same response I got. That my car is still in California.

Makes perfect sense now. On one call I was told "It is en route to Alabama" and on the next I was told "It hasn't left California". Thanks for the detail! In either case, I hope it was fitted with all the parts before it left Fremont! Did you notice your odometer reading on the MVPA? Mine has 15 miles.

Makes perfect sense now. On one call I was told "It is en route to Alabama" and on the next I was told "It hasn't left California". Thanks for the detail! In either case, I hope it was fitted with all the parts before it left Fremont! Did you notice your odometer reading on the MVPA? Mine has 15 miles.
Just looked. Mine also has 15 miles. Maybe they drive them to the rail yard?

I just received a text from Tesla asking if there is a trade in vehicle.
EDD still standing on 05/01-05/29 - Los Angeles
Good sign?
I just got that, too! EDD still at 5/1-29 in MN, source code still vin:null. sighhhhhh

However, we gave up on getting the car before a planned road trip, and bought plane tickets to see family in Boise. So now I'm just waiting so we are not a one-car family anymore... helps to not have that pressure of our 3 week road trip hanging in the balance. BUT I WANT MY CAR. Gahhhhhhh

I just received a text from Tesla asking if there is a trade in vehicle.
EDD still standing on 05/01-05/29 - Los Angeles
Good sign?
Makes no difference whatsoever. I received the text in January and am still waiting. I'm about to reach 100,000 mi on my trade in so I actually think they are waiting till I hit that number then they can give me less. I amaze myself with the different scenarios I come up with in my head about my shifting EDD.🥹🥹

• Funny
Reactions: SeanB-Model3
Navy federal advertises a 2.29 percent for 72 months. I applied and got a 2 percent rate flat so not bad. If y’all are able to get a membership there I totally recommend them.

My EDD is moving back everyday it is now 4/26-4/30. I assume this will keep happening until someone reaches out to me to schedule a set date. Just waiting on this now.
It looks like that rate is gone! Their website is showing 2.79 for 72 months now.

I just got that, too! EDD still at 5/1-29 in MN, source code still vin:null. sighhhhhh

However, we gave up on getting the car before a planned road trip, and bought plane tickets to see family in Boise. So now I'm just waiting so we are not a one-car family anymore... helps to not have that pressure of our 3 week road trip hanging in the balance. BUT I WANT MY CAR. Gahhhhhhh
I just got the same text. No change in EDD : 5/12-6/9