Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not every tesla supplier is in the US and even if they are they are likely relying on foreign raw materials to make said components. The longer we have hundreds of container ships sitting off shore and other factors slowing down ports the more uncertain ship dates are for components. Then it cascades to delays in production capacity. I know many people who work for suppliers for tesla and in many cases they tell suppliers how many they want and by X date expecting the supplier to be able to meet it. With the current supply chain issues many are shorting tesla with components because they simply cannot make them fast enough.

With all this complaining I'm surprised telsa has not removed the EDD from the account pages. They should just leave it as we will contact you 30 days out from ship date. I've stated it before a few pages back but you should contact any other car brand and ask them when you would see a specific car and color or just a special order. Many with tell you 1 year+ or they simply don't know. Stop refreshing the account page and live your life it sucks you ordered a new vehicle during the biggest automotive supply chain crisis we have ever seen. You should be ready to deal with changes in dates.
My last 3 orders were custom ordered Lexus SUV's. I had full visibility of the order. In fact I was able to track it even during transportation. I also had a custom ordered Honda SUV long time back, again, I had the VIN number as as soon the order entered production and I was able to track it. But I agree with the chaos in the supply chain and the fact 2 new Tesla plants are coming on stream soon, there is a high level of uncertainty in making any predictions with accuracy.

My last 3 orders were custom ordered Lexus SUV's. I had full visibility of the order. In fact I was able to track it even during transportation. I also had a custom ordered Honda SUV long time back, again, I had the VIN number as as soon the order entered production and I was able to track it. But I agree with the chaos in the supply chain and the fact 2 new Tesla plants are coming on stream soon, there is a high level of uncertainty in making any predictions with accuracy.
Having that kind of information during this agonizing wait would be awesome. There has to be more info they can share - any time I reach out to Tesla, either directly or through my SA, there is always “no other info I have” fed to me. You would think with Tesla being so technologically efficient something like this tracking would be inherent.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Having that kind of information during this agonizing wait would be awesome. There has to be more info they can share - any time I reach out to Tesla, either directly or through my SA, there is always “no other info I have” fed to me. You would think with Tesla being so technologically efficient something like this tracking would be inherent.
A few days before I got my VIN (10/28), the same day that EDD went to 10/30-11/4, I emailed an SA to get an order update since my 4 week EDD window was two weeks away. I got the normal, "Delivery should be sometime from mid-Nov to mid-Dec. No other info I have." A day or two later, I get my VIN. Hmmm...They can see a lot more about your order than they let on.

He is referring to economics and about not giving Hertz a discount on pricing. Nothing about scheduling. We do know as per information reported in CNBC that deliveries to Hertz will start from November.
Deliveries would start in November and would not be completed until end of 2023. That accounts for 17% production capacity of fremont in that time frame. That's not even factoring in once Texas is up and running to eventually pull all y production down there.

He literally states no contract is signed. Period.
A deal has been done, if the actual contract and scheduled is not set in stone, does it mean the Hertz deal is not going ahead? Not at all. Is is just semantics. Do you believe the contract will not be signed?

Second, to think that deliveries starting this month to Hertz are not going to impact retail customers, I have a bridge to sell you. I am not sure why everyone gets so defensive on behalf of Tesla. Those who booked MYLR's in September and later are impacted the most. Just because people are buying MYP or their deliveries are not getting impacted do not have to defend Tesla. It serves no purpose.

• Disagree
Reactions: cusetownusa
A deal has been done, if the actual contract and scheduled is not set in stone, does it mean the Hertz deal is not going ahead? Not at all. Is is just semantics. Do you believe the contract will not be signed?

Second, to think that deliveries starting this month to Hertz are not going to impact retail customers, I have a bridge to sell you. I am not sure why everyone gets so defensive on behalf of Tesla. Those who booked MYLR's in September and later are impacted the most. Just because people are buying MYP or their deliveries are not getting impacted do not have to defend Tesla. It serves no purpose.
Maybe its a good thing that due to Hertz Sept deliveries are impacted, we all can get the EV credit next year even though the wait sucks but its worth it. :)

Has anyone gotten any information for EDDs that got pushed back significantly further? I ordered a MYLR white/black on 9/13 in NJ. I at first didn't have an EDD at all but about a month after the order it said March 8th through April 1st. It's changed though, now telling me September. I'm really hoping it's an error because that sounds way too long.

Also, I've never been contacted by a SA. Should someone at Tesla have reached out after I placed my order?

Has anyone gotten any information for EDDs that got pushed back significantly further? I ordered a MYLR white/black on 9/13 in NJ. I at first didn't have an EDD at all but about a month after the order it said March 8th through April 1st. It's changed though, now telling me September. I'm really hoping it's an error because that sounds way too long.

Also, I've never been contacted by a SA. Should someone at Tesla have reached out after I placed my order?
I suspect your registration may not be complete. You may have indicated you are taking a loan but may not have updated loan documents or the loan duration has expired and you did not update it. It could also be because you did not upload your insurance information. A September 22 date means it is treating you as a booking made in October. No doubt many of those who booked MYLR in mid to late September have had their EDD's pushed out significantly after Hertz agreeing to buy 100,000 Tesla's with deliveries expected to start in November. In your case this may not be the case, because the delays to EDD reported here have been for 1-2 months or so, not several months.

I never got an SA, I have no idea why either. Profile was always fulled filled out, cash selected. Just got an email to pay then got a delivery date set in my account without any notice either... Tesla always consistent :p

I have the same thing, ordered in NJ 9/11 got pushed back to August. I did not complete my payment method not sure if that’s is why, but I asked my SA if I should complete it since my delivery was not supposed to be until Feb and he said it doesn’t matter, but there is a good chance that it does matter. I contacted him today and he told me delivery dates can fluctuate in any direction and just wait patiently to at least 2022 where they will have more accurate delivery dates. He also said that the factory sets delivery dates automatically, that still doesn’t answer my question if they prioritize completed accounts over non completed.