Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's EDD Heisensample: After a brief trip to f-ing JUNE, it now reads late-December again.

We all get it that Tesla is facing immense challenges with their factory lines and supply/demand, but the EDD system is just an epic mess for customer experience. It would have been better to have simply displayed the original main-website guess for my EDD (Jan) all this time than to have splattered it across October to June with a new incorrect value every week or two.

Today's EDD Heisensample: After a brief trip to f-ing JUNE, it now reads late-December again.

We all get it that Tesla is facing immense challenges with their factory lines and supply/demand, but the EDD system is just an epic mess for customer experience. It would have been better to have simply displayed the original main-website guess for my EDD (Jan) all this time than to have splattered it across October to June with a new incorrect value every week or two.
Ditto to all of the above... called and chatted with their sales team for a few, was on the edge about going MYP for awhile now as I really dont see us using the Tesla for huge road trips so I was willing to give up the 7 seats (have an all American gas guzzling Yukon XL for that). So when my delivery date pushed to June, I called and asked to just upgrade to the MYP. was quick and easy, and within 24 hours my delivery date is now Nov 21st to Dec 2nd. Could care less about the tax credit in my financial situation, just want my car before Christmas!...

The sales rep I spoke to advised me that they create more of the higher trims than the lower, and that if you choose white paint it also speeds things along...

anyway, goodbye MYLR White/White with stock rims... hello MYP White/White... not a one size fits all approach for sure, but if anyone is on the fence about a MYP and an MYLR... what really pushed me over the edge was taking a drive in one... I drove the LR during my test drive and the speed was great, but its not a comparison to the performance... buddy pushed me back in my seat it was so fast...

Received 2021 VIN yesterday, put order on hold.

OD: 17 Sept 2021 - Maryland
Build: MYLR | White/ White | 5 Seats | Tow | 19" Wheels | No FSD

EDD at order: March
1st EDD Window: 06 Feb 2022 - 06 March 2022 (provided 11 Oct 2021)
2nd EDD Window: 14 Nov 2021 - 12 Dec 2021 (provided 15 Oct 2021)
3rd EDD Window: 16 Jan 2022 - 13 Feb 2022 (provided 31 Oct 2021)
4th EDD Window: 08 Nov 2021 - 14 Nov 2021 (provided 05 Nov 2021) - Assigned model year 2021 VIN
06 Nov 2021 - Released VIN & placed order on hold... (My plan all along was to not receive the car until early 2022)

So today I checked my account and since its been 2 months since I placed an order, my credit offer has expired.
So, if I complete the details again will it run a credit check again? Even though my husband said its ok, I don't want my credit score to be checked over and over especially when I don't know when is my car delivery.
Then on the other hand, I thought if I don't complete my details, my order will be kinda incomplete and will that put me in the back of the queue? My EDD is Dec 23-Dec31 at the moment and is consistent for the last 2 weeks. Not sure if not completing my profile will put me back in line or still keep me in the same spot? Any idea? Little back in line I won't mind, might prove beneficial for me and I might be line for EV tax credit if my delivery moves to next year. :)

So today I checked my account and since its been 2 months since I placed an order, my credit offer has expired.
So, if I complete the details again will it run a credit check again? Even though my husband said its ok, I don't want my credit score to be checked over and over especially when I don't know when is my car delivery.
Then on the other hand, I thought if I don't complete my details, my order will be kinda incomplete and will that put me in the back of the queue? My EDD is Dec 23-Dec31 at the moment and is consistent for the last 2 weeks. Not sure if not completing my profile will put me back in line or still keep me in the same spot? Any idea? Little back in line I won't mind, might prove beneficial for me and I might be line for EV tax credit if my delivery moves to next year. :)
Just enter cash. Once your delivery date is scheduled, your SA can change it back to finance. This way, if over 60 days, you won’t have to go through it again.

Reactions: GameTheory

4th EDD Window: 08 Nov 2021 - 14 Nov 2021 (provided 05 Nov 2021) - Assigned model year 2021 VIN
06 Nov 2021 - Released VIN & placed order on hold... (My plan all along was to not receive the car until early 2022)
I thought they were done with 2021 VINs.

Did I hear this right, with the new bill they are working on now, the tax credit will be received in 2023 for any sale in 2022 and not during point of sale for the year of 2022?
But starting 2023, it will be point of sale credit?
They are not taxing billionaires and have less revenue. To make the bill "fully paid for", they are giving benefits for half the year and revenue for all of the decade. The intent is once you start payments to populations they will be unstoppable by the conservatives even if in power. So gimmicks will continue. Expect more drama leading into thanksgiving or the holiday's when the bill goes for a vote to the senate where it will be rewritten to get the 50 votes.

I look forward to seeing your new EDD. I suspect many people receiving delivery in late December might want to do that. Elon can keep producing MYP their favorite MY model and give them same month deliveries.

Reactions: pgcoco
While seemingly everyone's EDDs have been swinging around crazily, mine has remained stoically unaltered at 01/13-02/10. I still can't help myself checking it multiple times per day in the hope that it's jumped forward to 11/20 or my VIN's appeared or something. But no, same old dates for almost a month now - I guess there's something to be said for consistency...

While seemingly everyone's EDDs have been swinging around crazily, mine has remained stoically unaltered at 01/13-02/10. I still can't help myself checking it multiple times per day in the hope that it's jumped forward to 11/20 or my VIN's appeared or something. But no, same old dates for almost a month now - I guess there's something to be said for consistency...
Same here. My EDD is completely no-drama. It took a month after profile completion to post (Feb/Mar), then changed once to Jan/Feb. I check it every day, multiple times a day but I've only seen the one change. Last night I dreamt it changed to November and the whole point of the dream was to figure out if I needed to go pick up NOW, or if they meant Nov 2022... In the Tesla world, that is not as far-fetched situation as it sounds. 😄

Same here. My EDD is completely no-drama. It took a month after profile completion to post (Feb/Mar), then changed once to Jan/Feb. I check it every day, multiple times a day but I've only seen the one change. Last night I dreamt it changed to November and the whole point of the dream was to figure out if I needed to go pick up NOW, or if they meant Nov 2022... In the Tesla world, that is not as far-fetched situation as it sounds. 😄

lol...I could have written this myself, complete with the no-drama EDD and a dream that I had to go pick it up now even though I have a similar EDD as you.

Reactions: OmbreCake
I am in Michigan and my dates are now narrowing around yours. A few days ago it went to 1/23- 2/20. Original date was march.

Reactions: Tararua
Just wanted to share my experience again, love this forum and the updates (kept me sane through the waiting process).

Today I received my VIN for a 2022 MYP after my original order on 9/8/2021. Was an odd experience, so as many others here have advised, here's how it went.

Order: 9/8/2021 (was a MYLR White/White 7 seats no tow no FSD)
Financing was instant approval (they seem to use FICO 8 from Equifax for me through Tesla Financial which is actually using Wells Fargo). Score on the Wells Fargo paper that was sent was an 812 (wanted to give the reference point, as I was always wondering if I would qualify or not... had a repo in my early 20's that still has me shell shocked I guess).

EDD arrived within 24 hours and went as follows...

11/16 - 12/14
11/26 - 12/24 (about 3 weeks after order)
1/16 - 2/13 (about 1 week after last change)
JUNE (changed first week of Nov)

After seeing JUNE, I knew my life wouldn't let me wait for a car that long (I should say wife, as we have been a single car household for a few months)...

I called Tesla customer support and after a conversation, decided to move my order to a MYP (price again wasn't the biggest issue)... Tesla advisor stated that the MYP was a higher priced trim, which is ofter prioritized over lower cost trims. He simply made the switch while I was at my computer, I reconfigured my Tesla, I optioned it for CASH instead of LOAN and confirmed that I could change it back to LOAN when I got my VIN.

Change to MYP happend on 11/5 (Friday)
EDD was given to me by Friday evening of 11/16 - 12/2
Sunday, EDD changed to 11/23 - 12/2
On 11/8 (Today) I got my VIN, with a delivery window of 11/23 - 11/27.

I contacted Tesla back, and they quickly sorted my profile to financing, went into account, chose payment, was approved instantly.

Contacted insurance, uploaded policy.

Now im just waiting for a few weeks, they advised my car was a 2022, 7SAYG VIN.

Something of note, when you log into TESLA website and click on your account, previous to today my model Y simply said "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard. Today it switched to say "2022 Tesla Model Y". Vin can also be seen in App when you get it.

Insurance cost is through State Farm for a mid 30's male driver with no accidents/tickets and drive/save @ $780 for 6 months.

Will update one last time with picture and name!

Again, this board and forum is amazing!! Thank you everyone for the feedback and stories about Tesla experiences!!

Edit: no, I dont care at all about the tax credit... my wife may put me in the bin if I dont get a car before the holidays start... In the words of that sloth from Ice Age... "I Choose Life"....

Last edited:
Going by my EDD of 1 week in December, your date might move up by a week. Once I get my VIN, you will know you are very close to getting a VIN. My Tesla WC is connected and next week my city inspector is coming to certify it.
I think after the Hertz order came in there were negative tweets from Tesla buyers whose EDD's had been pushed out by months. Elon must have made sure Hertz is not able to edge out retail customers who placed order before Hertz. That is why our EDD's moved back from Feb/March back to Dec/January. At least that is my interpretation connecting Elon's tweets and the large movements in EDD's.
I am seeing a trend of some customers putting delivery on hold after receiving VIN due to hope of getting a tax rebate after the bill gets passed. This is impacting MYP more because even going to the back of the queue is like taking the delivery in January. For MYLR's being moved from December to October or even June is big deal!

Going by my EDD of 1 week in December, your date might move up by a week. Once I get my VIN, you will know you are very close to getting a VIN. My Tesla WC is connected and next week my city inspector is coming to certify it.
I think after the Hertz order came in there were negative tweets from Tesla buyers whose EDD's had been pushed out by months. Elon must have made sure Hertz is not able to edge out retail customers who placed order before Hertz. That is why our EDD's moved back from Feb/March back to Dec/January. At least that is my interpretation connecting Elon's tweets and the large movements in EDD's.
I am seeing a trend of some customers putting delivery on hold after receiving VIN due to hope of getting a tax rebate after the bill gets passed. This is impacting MYP more because even going to the back of the queue is like taking the delivery in January. For MYLR's being moved from December to October or even June is big deal!
I think its an odd experience as well... not to add insult to injury here... but.... If the tax rebate becomes a thing, there is nothing stopping you from flipping the MYP and buying another that qualifies... with current inflation, it may actually end up in your favor (minus taxes for making money off of a vehicle)...

Just thoughts and im sure there are some holes, but not taking delivery in December when lead times on an MYP are a few months just doesn't make sense...