Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texted my SA to get an update on my delivery status and he just wrote 2 words "No Update"

I think I should stop checking my account now for a couple of days and enjoy time with family and not worry about the car.
I totally understand each and everyone one of us wants the latest/greatest updated status, more specifically EDD, on their orders. I would suggest we consider the flip side of the coin. Imagine if you are a SA and receive hundreds of calls/emails every single day. While this is part of their job, I'd assume the SA has other tasks to complete as well. The SA has more info that we do, but sometimes its the same info as well. Checking your app, calling/emailing your SA every single day will not speed up your delivery, in my humble opinion; even refreshing the app 30 times a day will not speed up your EDD.

On a side note to show how America has shipped its manufacturing overseas, mostly to China, I ordered a 'USA made' Lazy Boy recliner back in April. Just today, I received a text that it's in and to 'click to schedule delivery'. I called monthly since April to receive an EDD of 'next month' every month. If some people want to *itch about poor SA service, long EDDs, etc...I'd recommend a different route that may speed things up. How about we start making our own stuff? IE, lets make our own chips/components to automobiles that are 'made', rather assembled in America. BTW, Lazy Boy told me that they were backordered on foam imported from guess where.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgcoco and Krobbler
This may be an oddball question, but has anyone been given a Shanghai VIN? IDK if that is even a possibility, just curious.
I would love to get a Model Y made in China over the poor finish quality sent out in the US. If you read the Model 3 thread, the initial quality seems good. I have no idea why this problem continues with Model Y. My biggest worry is the issues my Tesla MYLR may come with me and the fact Tesla makes you pay and "accept" the car before you can even open the door with your phone to inspect your car.

Reactions: Tararua
So how does one inspect the inside of a car? Many reports here indicated that they had to accept the car in order to be able to open the car. So what strategies do you suggest to avoid getting into this situation?
I simply asked to inspect the car and nobody had a problem with it. Once done and the service center agreed that all my items will be addressed at no cost I signed the paperwork.

With VIN reports become rare on this thread, I got bored and thought let me see the impact of buying FSD along with the car compared to buying it after taking delivery of the Tesla. In MN the annual registration is 1.25% of the value. Each year the value is deemed to have gone down by 10%. A simple calculation shows that one would pay an extra $814 over 10 years or 8.14% more if FSD is taken with the vehicle in MN. Registration tax may vary in your state. So I decided to not add FSD. I run the risk of any price increases, but it is already at a price where it is not justifiable unless one is in the delivery business or travels a lot on city roads.

I totally understand each and everyone one of us wants the latest/greatest updated status, more specifically EDD, on their orders. I would suggest we consider the flip side of the coin. Imagine if you are a SA and receive hundreds of calls/emails every single day. While this is part of their job, I'd assume the SA has other tasks to complete as well. The SA has more info that we do, but sometimes its the same info as well. Checking your app, calling/emailing your SA every single day will not speed up your delivery, in my humble opinion; even refreshing the app 30 times a day will not speed up your EDD.

On a side note to show how America has shipped its manufacturing overseas, mostly to China, I ordered a 'USA made' Lazy Boy recliner back in April. Just today, I received a text that it's in and to 'click to schedule delivery'. I called monthly since April to receive an EDD of 'next month' every month. If some people want to *itch about poor SA service, long EDDs, etc...I'd recommend a different route that may speed things up. How about we start making our own stuff? IE, lets make our own chips/components to automobiles that are 'made', rather assembled in America. BTW, Lazy Boy told me that they were backordered on foam imported from guess where.
Oh yeah I completely understand what you are trying to say. But, as a customer I want a normal estimated time frame. No one wants EDD bouncing around, one day in Dec, a week later in Jan , then June and back to Jan and Dec. This is not logical. I am sure they don't know anything about this either and they have to deal with frustrated customers like us but a little more or any kind of information is expected. They work in the company, they should have some kind of a positive reply/guestimate??

I am in IT and when servers go down, I have an estimate on when things can be back in business, I just don't say, "I don't know"
I don't need a firm date, knowing shortages in parts is going on but EDD bouncing around 6 months and all of a sudden VIN in the account, its just amazing.

With VIN reports become rare on this thread, I got bored and thought let me see the impact of buying FSD along with the car compared to buying it after taking delivery of the Tesla. In MN the annual registration is 1.25% of the value. Each year the value is deemed to have gone down by 10%. A simple calculation shows that one would pay an extra $814 over 10 years or 8.14% more if FSD is taken with the vehicle in MN. Registration tax may vary in your state. So I decided to not add FSD. I run the risk of any price increases, but it is already at a price where it is not justifiable unless one is in the delivery business or travels a lot on city roads.
I'm not impressed with the regular autopilot so I don't even consider FSD. Subscribe for a month or two after you get the car and then invest if you like it.
In addition your car insurance might be less if the total you pay for the car is 10k less.

Well, after my EDD moving last week from Dec 11-25 to Feb 7 - Mar 7...just got a VIN a couple hours ago. I'm not able to take delivery for a couple weeks though so I guess I'll have to pass it on to someone else and hope I get rematched relatively quickly.

VIN is for a 2022 Freemont built MYLR. OD 9/22.
Don't delay until you get an SMS to schedule for delivery. My VIN came on 12/8 and the EDD is Dec 15-25. When called they said I might get it in the last week of December even though I want it asap. Looks like they are trying to squeeze some cars in before the end of the year.

I'm super concerned about the build quality of these when they do it in a short time with tight deadlines. I would rather wait than get a shitty car for 80k.