Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have bought the MYP if not for the even lower ground clearance In it compared to MYLR. I worry how even my MYLR would do on a 4-6” fresh snow.
You would not want a MYP in a cold/snow climate unless you were going to get a second set of wheels with snow tires. Summer performance tires on MYP are unsafe in weather <45 degrees F or in snow. MYLR comes with all season tires…better in cold…ok but not great in a lot of snow.

I could not find a discussion for September orders so I figured it couldn't hurt to start one.

I ordered on 9/5. On the order page it said that the estimated delivery would be January. After the order, EDD said January. The next day, EDD was non-existent. As of 9/7, there still is no EDD. Profile was completed immediately after order including insurance.

I ordered a MYLR, white with white interior, 19" Geminis, 5 seats, and tow hitch.
Ordered on 8/30 MYLR Black 19”. Few of my friends ordered a day or week before me and within two days were given VINs. I’m still actually waiting. Updated all info except insurance as I need a VIN. On the account site each week it filled main website and from January our cars are slated for April. Craziness. Tesla customer service not useful.

You would not want a MYP in a cold/snow climate unless you were going to get a second set of wheels with snow tires. Summer performance tires on MYP are unsafe in weather <45 degrees F or in snow. MYLR comes with all season tires…better in cold…ok but not great in a lot of snow.
When it comes to cars and amorous partners, most times the heart, and not the head rules!. Even here in Minnesota I see more MYP's than MYLR's. I am happy waiting for an MYLR until March. Hopefully the winter will be over and so will be the snow and salt.

Reactions: kc1953
I placed my MYLR, Black with White interior and Tow hitch order on September 8th with accepted terms. My original delivery date was January 2022. But I am seeing that now, new orders are April 2022. Does that mean our orders are pushed or are we still good with January? My EDD disappeared from the website.

I placed my MYLR, Black with White interior and Tow hitch order on September 8th with accepted terms. My original delivery date was January 2022. But I am seeing that now, new orders are April 2022. Does that mean our orders are pushed or are we still good with January? My EDD disappeared from the website.
Who knows at this point. Something out of the ordinary is happening with recent orders. Back in May, average order to delivery was about 8 weeks or less. Several months later it is 3x as long at 24 weeks. Delivery delays increased by 3 months in 3 weeks. I'm thinking that they are stockpiling parts and slowing production at Fremont in anticipation of Austin opening. But at the same time, after looking at the most recent videos of the Austin factory, I don't think they are anywhere close to opening like Berlin is. There is zero HVAC installed in the building. A lot of the concrete slabs are not poured. The exterior walls are not finished. Even if they start limited production runs in late November or December, it's going to be LIMITED. It will be Q2 before they are cranking out MYs at Austin. Meanwhile, there are thousands upon thousands of orders sitting in limbo. I predict we see a May delivery estimate for new orders by the end of next week. Not trying to be Mr. Doom-N-Gloom but just being realistic. I think Tesla expected Austin to be up and running a lot earlier than it can possibly be. They keep taking orders for cars they can't deliver for 6 months. It's crazy. But to answer your question, as a "January" on my order date customer, I am keeping my fingers crossed.