Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Sept 27 for MYP..got EDD of Oct 26 to Nov 26...two weeks ago, EDD moved to 1 month later of nov 17 to dev 17 and has been stuck there. I was able to snag an inventory long range yesterday so I'm letting this one go.
What color and config was your order out of curiosity? I ordered 9/30 and have an EDD of 10/18 - 11/15 (It just pulled in Monday from about a month later)
MYP - Red - White - Tow - No FSD

I have read somewhere that they make these things in batches based upon color and I'm wondering if that might have had an impact.

Mine is a torrid tale. My own doing but still frustrating as hell.

Originally ordered 6/14. EDD jumped around like crazy. After some lamenting and family vehicular budgeting drama, I canceled the order. 5 days later decided to reorder. Lost my place in line and $100 deposit.

Placed another order with the updated $250 deposit on 9/21. EDD was April then dark for a few weeks. Just recently checked and is 2/15 - 3/15.

In the last few weeks I’ve missed out on two inventory matches. Was hoping some might pop up again after Q3 but seems that isn’t happening just yet.

But you never know when Elon is going to come through. GigaTexas seems to be coming along quickly which is getting my hopes up for an earlier delivery date.

Apologize for the long-winded introduction. Here’s hoping the EDD craziness of September Settles down and we all get some well deserved VINs!

What color and config was your order out of curiosity? I ordered 9/30 and have an EDD of 10/18 - 11/15 (It just pulled in Monday from about a month later)

I have read somewhere that they make these things in batches based upon color and I'm wondering if that might have had an impact.

You’re lucky so far until it possibly pushes like his.. I ordered 9/25 and got pushed to the same as his to 11/16-12/14.. if they make a red batch (Mines white) and yours holds I’d be damned.. was debating red! Best of luck! If his was white it would make more sense seeing it changed to my same timeline.

Its been more than a month since I placed my order. Tired of refreshing the page every half hour, hoping for EDD to come closer but its stuck in December. Hopefully the EV incentive goes into effect and we all get our well deserved credits.
Finally got couple of electricians to give me a free quote and one of them gave me a $400 to install the wall connector plus 250 for the permit. I have one more coming this Friday, then I can finally decide who to go with.

I ordered 9/18 with and EDD of 10/25-11/14. Almost identical build as you, maybe our cars are siblings. MYP- Red- Black- Tow-No FSD

I placed an order for a MY LR Blue/Black 20's. I placed and recieved confirmation on sept 1st. at the time my estimated delivery date was january 2022, after a few days the estimated delivery date was removed and blank. Since then it has said prepare for delivery, ive already done everything besides finalize the loan, but i just checked back today and now my estimated delivery date says march 13 - april 10th. this is a full 3 months later than my origianal estimate. I know new orders have been pushed back until april at this point, but isnt that just for orders placed now. Pretty disapointed as we have been trying to get out of our current car in favor of something better suited the new addition to our family. What gives, are others seeing this same thing delivery pushed from january to march/april?

I placed an order for a MY LR Blue/Black 20's. I placed and recieved confirmation on sept 1st. at the time my estimated delivery date was january 2022, after a few days the estimated delivery date was removed and blank. Since then it has said prepare for delivery, ive already done everything besides finalize the loan, but i just checked back today and now my estimated delivery date says march 13 - april 10th. this is a full 3 months later than my origianal estimate. I know new orders have been pushed back until april at this point, but isnt that just for orders placed now. Pretty disapointed as we have been trying to get out of our current car in favor of something better suited the new addition to our family. What gives, are others seeing this same thing delivery pushed from january to march/april?

I'm probably clutching at straws here, but i wonder if color has anything to do with it? Like you, I ordered a blue/black MYLR (on 9/10), and I'm 1-2 months behind people who ordered 1-3 weeks later than me. I know nothing is final at this stage, but it is frustrating. I don't want my car before people ahead of me in the queue, but I don't want to be bumped way down the list...

I'm probably clutching at straws here, but i wonder if color has anything to do with it? Like you, I ordered a blue/black MYLR (on 9/10), and I'm 1-2 months behind people who ordered 1-3 weeks later than me. I know nothing is final at this stage, but it is frustrating. I don't want my car before people ahead of me in the queue, but I don't want to be bumped way down the list...
Yeah if that was the case I would consider changing to MSM instead of blue. And i can see some people have had thier dates bumped back to January/Feburary after intially getting dates in march/april so maybe the system is just not good and will update eventually

Reactions: Tararua