Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the 9/1- 9/9dates that moved ahead to December or even November, it seems to be West coast and East coast. The "flyover" territory has been left untouched by Elon's love.

I love Tesla as a company, but I increasingly think that its CEO is just a gigantic douche. I'm going to love my MYLR because of the collective commitment/belief of everybody who worked their asses off on the car, not because the Tesla CEO needs everything to always be about him.

Last edited:
Greetings. I thought I would add to the angst and confusion.

My EDD also moved up today. It is now December 21-31st, a much shorter window than the previous window of 02 - January 30.

I started with an EDD of late November-early December, then pushed back to mid Jan-Feb, then back up to all of January, now late December. I'm in the North Bay, so not far from Fremont, and not at all surprised that the EDD moved up, as I expected an end of the quarter delivery all along.

Now I can start worrying about how to delay a few days to 2022 to get the EV tax credit, assuming there is one. It's always something.

MYLR, Midnight Silver/White Interior/Gemini wheels. Order and profile completed on 9/4.

Reactions: Tararua

My EDD also moved up today. It is now December 21-31st, a much shorter window than the previous window of 02 - January 30.

I started with an EDD of late November-early December, then pushed back to mid Jan-Feb, then back up to all of January, now late December. I'm in the North Bay, so not far from Fremont, and not at all surprised that the EDD moved up, as I expected an end of the quarter delivery all along.

Now I can start worrying about how to delay a few days to 2022 to get the EV tax credit, assuming there is one. It's always something.

MYLR, Midnight Silver/White Interior/Gemini wheels. Order and profile completed on 9/4.
This whole EV credit thing is frustrating, I hope we know soon for sure.
for me I am not picking a car on December, knowing that if I wait I'll get 10K back, even if it means a new order, because as soon as that credit takes an effect all the used tesla models will take a 10K hit.

Welcome to our small circle of angst-ridden waiting!

I have the same order as you except, Tow. With Feb15 delivery, I would love to switch if you are interested. Not sure thats even possible!!
Guessing it has to do with the fact that my order was about 2 weeks prior to yours, and I'm about 2 hours from Fremont. That being said, this is the 2nd time my EDD has been 12/24-12/31, before this it was 1/27-2/24 so I don't think it'll stay in 2021...

My OD was 9/11 for a MYLR, pearl white, black int, with towing.

Original EDD was Feb 02-Mar 02. Today EDD moved up to Jan 09-Feb 06. I'm in Colorado (intermountain region).

I would like a 2022 model year and want to make the purchase in 2022 to qualify for the tax credit (if it goes through). If a car is delivered in Jan, I guess it could still have been built in 2021 so I'm not sure I would get a 2022.

Here's to hoping some 2022 models show up soon!

@45thParallel you gotta stay top of mind of your SA. Looking at your signature, you ordered the same car as me, and BEFORE me. You gotta get your SA to work for you.
I don't even know how to contact an SA. I've had good relations with the people I've set up test drives with (I've had two MYLRs home over the entire weekend), but I honestly have no idea how you go about getting assigned an SA. How did you do it?

My EDD is also in end of December and I know all Aug and Sept orders might be included in the EOQ Rush. How can we delay our order? Once we delay where do we end up in line? I also don't want to loose my $10 k if there is any next year.

I don't even know how to contact an SA. I've had good relations with the people I've set up test drives with (I've had two MYLRs home over the entire weekend), but I honestly have no idea how you go about getting assigned an SA. How did you do it?
In my case the online chat support gave me the contact of the SA that was assigned to me, which happened to be one of the advisors I spoke during a test drive.

Reactions: Tararua
So what I did was when I went for a test drive, I took the email address of the SA who helped us with the test drive. I wrote an email to him thanking him on coming home. Once I had completed my order requested him to check to make sure my "registration" is complete to avoid delays later.

Reactions: OmarL