Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been closing watching the delivery dates. Tesla seems to be be clearing July orders not delivered until now and is fast moving on clearing August orders in November. It has also started making some out of turn early deliveries for mid to late September bookings. I suspect, Tesla is gearing up for a record December deliverides, which means many having EDD’s in January will receive surprise VIN’s and deliveries starting mid December. A complicating factor for Tesla is that from Monday the senate starts a marathon 3 week session to pass the BBB bill and increase the debt ceiling. It will be hard for Tesla to manage deliveries in December, if the senate does pass the EV credit bill and make it effective from 1st January. How many people offered delivery 5 days prior to 1st January will want to give up on the $8K Of tax rebates? I don’t envy Tesla staff managing deliveries. The letters being sent out to those who have hold on delivery is part of their strategy to avoid many refusing deliveries. That said, the wording of the letter opens up opportunity for those who have never put a hold or refused delivery to exercise that option once. Just some post thanksgiving musings here😌

Last edited:
Reactions: Satishc
I have been closing watching the delivery dates. Tesla seems to be be clearing July orders not delivered until now and is fast moving on clearing August orders in November. It has also started making some out of turn early deliveries for mid to late September bookings. I suspect, Tesla is gearing up for a record December deliverides, which means many having EDD’s in January will receive surprise VIN’s and deliveries starting mid December. A complicating factor for Tesla is that from Monday the senate starts a marathon 3 week session to pass the BBB bill and increase the debt ceiling. It will be hard for Tesla to manage deliveries in December, if the senate does pass the EV credit bill and make it effective from 1st January. How many people offered delivery 5 days prior to 1st January will want to give up on the $8K Of tax rebates? I don’t envy Tesla staff managing deliveries. The letters being sent out to those who have hold on delivery is part of their strategy to avoid many refusing deliveries. That said, the wording of the letter opens up opportunity for those who have never put a hold or refused delivery to expertise that option once. Just some post thanksgiving musings here😌
If only retroactive language wasn't dropped from the final version people would be taking deliveries.
I feel like some politicians are intentionally causing problems for Tesla.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
The Dec 31 2021 deadline may become irrelevant after all. With the news of the new, some say, 'horrific' 10 mutation covid-19 variant, the Build Back Better bill might receive less congressional backing related to needing to keep monetary powder dry for the next possible wave of business shut-downs. And let's not forget the possibility of another round of increased inflation from reduced global supplies.

Last edited:
The Dec 31 2021 deadline may become irrelevant after all. With the news of the new, some say, 'horrific' 10 mutation covid-19 variant, the Build Back Better bill might receive less congressional backing related to needing to keep monetary powder dry for the next possible wave of business shut-downs. And let's not forget the possibility of another round of increased inflation from reduced global supplies.
There is never a hold back from politicians on a spending or tax cut bill. Different parties have their own favored demographic to please. I did email my congressman about reducing my choice by favoring one EV manufacturer over another based on union membership. Time to email my senators now.

There is never a hold back from politicians on a spending or tax cut bill. Different parties have their own favored demographic to please. I did email my congressman about reducing my choice by favoring one EV manufacturer over another based on union membership. Time to email my senators now.
I'll try emailing my Senators Stabenow and Peters from Michigan. 🤣

Another week has passed, and my EDD remains obdurately where it's now been for the past 6 weeks, at least. To be honest, Jan 13-Feb 10th would be great if this friggin tax credit actually passes, but I'm still convinced that my delivery date will eventually be moved to late December just to makes things complicated and emotionally conflicted. I guess the "close the quarter out strong" push should be beginning soon. Who knows what things will look like in a couple of weeks? Either everyone's trying desperately to postpone, or the bill still seems months away/snagged in bickering, and the majority of order holders just want their car. Whichever way, it's going to be an interesting few weeks...

Another week has passed, and my EDD remains obdurately where it's now been for the past 6 weeks, at least. To be honest, Jan 13-Feb 10th would be great if this friggin tax credit actually passes, but I'm still convinced that my delivery date will eventually be moved to late December just to makes things complicated and emotionally conflicted. I guess the "close the quarter out strong" push should be beginning soon. Who knows what things will look like in a couple of weeks? Either everyone's trying desperately to postpone, or the bill still seems months away/snagged in bickering, and the majority of order holders just want their car. Whichever way, it's going to be an interesting few weeks...
I am going to make a lame attempt to delay to January but will gladly take my car in a week.

I am going to make a lame attempt to delay to January but will gladly take my car in a week.
That's the thing. They could have sent out a survey form 3 weeks back asking if you wanted to wait until Jan/Feb and the credit, or get your car ASAP. I reckon it would have broken about 50/50, and then the impatient/financially imprudent ones among us could have gotten ours with enough time before Jan for it to be worth it. However, getting it in mid-late December is sort of the worst of both worlds. If you declined it then, however, how long would you wait for your turn to come back around? If it was mid-Jan, sure, but if it's Feb-March? Really, Tesla should just knock $3-4K off December deliveries. It would make a big difference. Of course, they won't, so I guess we'll all be watching our EDDs and wondering...

Whoever is managing your delivery at Tesla must be also managing mine. Another week goes by, no changes. Based on the Tesla spreadsheet, I still think the delivery will come at some point in January, but I'll be (slightly) surprised if it comes sooner.

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (First EDD, 20 days after order)
11/27: EDD February 02 - February 22 (43 days since first & only EDD, 63 days since OD)

Reactions: Tararua