Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expect many VINs for first half of September OD's coming from 10th December onwards.
You say based on data on this forum. I believe this is right. The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
My OD - 9/5, changed Color Red 9/8, Tow hitch, No FSD, Sacramento Area.

Reactions: Tararua
You say based on data on this forum. I believe this is right. The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
You win either way. Get an early delivery or if you get in February get the EV credit.

You win either way. Get an early delivery or if you get in February get the EV credit.
I would love delivery in early Dec if possible. this way I can take the car around places this holiday season. :)
Plan to take couple of days off in Dec, and if I can get the car around that time, it would be great.
Your EDD is also in Dec, almost time to sit in the car. I just can't wait. :)

I would love delivery in early Dec if possible. this way I can take the car around places this holiday season. :)
Plan to take couple of days off in Dec, and if I can get the car around that time, it would be great.
Your EDD is also in Dec, almost time to sit in the car. I just can't wait. :)
I too would prefer an early delivery. This forum consists of Tesla fans who want their car as early as possible. In the wider world, people are more than willing to put their order on hold. I thus expect many September OD's to get delivery in December. Your delivery may be a week earlier than mine.

I too would prefer an early delivery. This forum consists of Tesla fans who want their car as early as possible. In the wider world, people are more than willing to put their order on hold. I thus expect many September OD's to get delivery in December. Your delivery may be a week earlier than mine.
Few more days till December and the countdown should start.
Trying to finalize accessories for my car. Plan to purchase all tomorrow. They should reach in time my car gets here hopefully :)

you and i had the same Dec 24-Dec 31

but this time mines bumped to Jan 7 - Feb 4 :( .. i just want the car now haha.. don't really care about the tax credit .. although it would be nice since i have kids and have been taxed the hell out of this past year🤪

but lets see what happens.. hoping for an EOQ Delivery .. hopefully for my birthday week..aka Christmas week. 😌

I generally check my EDD when I see posts here on moving early or late. Seeing the many posts with dates moving to 2022 by a month, I logged in to check mine too and it looks like Elon decided I would be better off with the rebate. I would have preferred to get my car in December, but it i not in my control. My new date is 10 January to 7 February. A date range like that means Tesla has no idea right now and so my EDD is in a placeholder. It is what it is. Might as well enjoy the EDD ride!

I am speculating that after seeing too many refusals by individuals to take delivery this year, may have made Tesla to focus on the Hertz order between now and the year end, which pushed many of those scheduled for delivery in December into January. Choice between an ice cream now or cake with an $8k cash back early next year. Both the tax rebate and the SALT exemption restoration can be be a nice welcome gift for many of us living in blue states.

I am speculating that after seeing too many refusals by individuals to take delivery this year, may have made Tesla to focus on the Hertz order between now and the year end, which pushed many of those scheduled for delivery in December into January. Choice between an ice cream now or cake with an $8k cash back early next year. Both the tax rebate and the SALT exemption restoration can be be a nice welcome gift for many of us living in blue states.
From what I understand, Hertz is just M3. I don’t think Hertz is any part of the recent pushbacks, and if they were getting MY, and they were going to prioritize it, they would leave Fremont deliveries alone and use the new MY from Austin before making any for order deliveries. IMO.

Hi all, Just found this site - I order on Sept 7, found an error in the order, and modified 8th - ETA January. MYLR Blue/ Black| 19"; ETA still January - BUT I looked today and now it says JUNE!
What's up with that?
Any recourse? Strategies?
I'm in VA, too (BTW)
What a crazy system! I called the dealership/ regional manager and asked about change - She also said nothing to be done, just hang in there & keep checking. This am I checked and now they say I'll get the car in 2-3 weeks! As I say, Crazy system! I got VIN, tho... so that is progress.

I generally check my EDD when I see posts here on moving early or late. Seeing the many posts with dates moving to 2022 by a month, I logged in to check mine too and it looks like Elon decided I would be better off with the rebate. I would have preferred to get my car in December, but it i not in my control. My new date is 10 January to 7 February. A date range like that means Tesla has no idea right now and so my EDD is in a placeholder. It is what it is. Might as well enjoy the EDD ride!

This flurry of changes made me go check mine, and - surprise! - it's completely unchanged. I'd be happy with a January delivery and the accompanying credit, but, damn, I'd prefer to just have it waiting for me next week. I honestly don't understand why they haven't simply asked order holders whether they'd rather get it sooner or wait until 22. Of course, it's Tesla, so chaos has to reign...

Reactions: 45thParallel