Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woke up - finally! - to changed dates. I'm now December 15th-31st. Of course, this bring a whole new set of questions about delaying until January 1st, etc. If Tesla aren't pushing for end of quarter figures, they may be amenable to this? I guess we'll see. I'll now wait for the VIN and the dates narrowing further. But this suddenly feels close!!
Amazing. I just got used to the idea of the extra $7500 tax rebate and was planning a backdoor Roth conversion next year to "spend" the tax rebate. I hope I too do not see new date! Regardless you win either way. Enjoy the holidays in your new Tesla or wait for the rebate. Hope you get your VIN soon.

Reactions: Tararua
Picked up my MYLR yesterday. Here's my experience:

- The staff is not interested in helping you. Alway rushed to their workstations even though the place was empty.
- The mechanic didn't really check the car. A few short excuses about meeting the standards event though I found 3 items that required an appointment with the SC.
- Bring a good check list. Even though you might not be able to verify every single item it's still helpful.

Overall, we are thrilled with the car. It's a rapidly evolving technology with a lot of room for improvement but totally worth it even at this stage!
You have to post pictures!!

You have to post pictures!!
You got it!
By the way, with my experience picking up the car, I have to say that thanks to this forum my expectations were exactly right.

Attachments

• 20211129_153341.jpg
    20211129_153341.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 70
You got it!
By the way, with my experience picking up the car, I have to say that thanks to this forum my expectations were exactly right.
I was struggling between blue and white. I finally went for White because during winter the fine salt shows up as white powder on dark colored cars in snow country. White and metallic silver can hide city road dirt pretty well.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I was struggling between blue and white. I finally went for White because during winter the fine salt shows up as white powder on dark colored cars in snow country. White and metallic silver can hide city road dirt pretty well.
Yeah, I was divided between white and blue until my wife, whose understanding of cars extends to the fact that they come in different colors, voted against. I was 50/50, so blue was fine.

woke up - finally! - to changed dates. I'm now December 15th-31st. Of course, this bring a whole new set of questions about delaying until January 1st, etc. If Tesla aren't pushing for end of quarter figures, they may be amenable to this? I guess we'll see. I'll now wait for the VIN and the dates narrowing further. But this suddenly feels close!!
Wonderful!! Hope you get your car soon. Your edd and mine are close. This gives me hope that maybe tomorrow my EDD will come back in December again tomorrow.

Reactions: Tararua
For some reason I have been waking up every night around 3:30 -4:00 am to check my EDD status for the past couple of days lol
And as usual its still the same Jan 14-Feb 11. Every morning before I refresh, I think today is the day when I get my VIN but all I get is Disappointment.
I am sure formula for Delay Delivery = Red color and Tow Hitch

• Funny
Reactions: 45thParallel
For some reason I have been waking up every night around 3:30 -4:00 am to check my EDD status for the past couple of days lol
And as usual its still the same Jan 14-Feb 11. Every morning before I refresh, I think today is the day when I get my VIN but all I get is Disappointment.
I am sure formula for Delay Delivery = Red color and Tow Hitch
Agree. My red color model Y also got delay, now EDD is 01/01/2022 to 01/29/2022.

Finally got my EDD! 😀

OD: 9/17

MYLR 7 seater Red with Tow hitch

Estimated Delivery: January 15 - February 12​

My EDD changed recently to December 24 - December 31 but we're traveling out of the country for the holidays during that week so I asked my SA if it's possible to postpone the delivery to January if in case and here's what I got:

"If you do not receive your car before you leave, contact us and we can put your order on hold until you return. It does not mean you will take delivery when your hold expires or removed, it just means we won't deliver one in the timeframe. There still may be significant wait time after the hold is removed."

Just got our VIN about an hour ago, full two-plus months early. EDD is 4-14 Dec. Went ahead and secured financing through USAA @ 1.89 for 60 months. Don't have time to mess around with other banks for a few points less. USAA asked who to make the check payable to, the address, and phone number. It will take a few days to get the physical check in the mail.

Figured I'd chime in after seeing helpful posts that mirror my experience. Ordered Sept 29, initial date was April. Moved to March for a while and then jumped to Nov/Dec which had me scrambling until it moved to Feb-Mar after a couple days. Now it's saying June.

MYLR, white, 20", tow hitch, and white interior. It's been almost 2 years since I received my M3 stealth perf, so I'm really looking forward to surprising my bride with this. Thanks for those posting delivery date updates!

Just got our VIN about an hour ago, full two-plus months early. EDD is 4-14 Dec. Went ahead and secured financing through USAA @ 1.89 for 60 months. Don't have time to mess around with other banks for a few points less. USAA asked who to make the check payable to, the address, and phone number. It will take a few days to get the physical check in the mail.
Nice to see a 20 September MYLR delivery for December. I think we will continue to see some surprises for September OD's. I am personally reconciled for a January delivery but seeing a sprinkling of dates jump back, not sure what is going on.

My EDD changed recently to December 24 - December 31 but we're traveling out of the country for the holidays during that week so I asked my SA if it's possible to postpone the delivery to January if in case and here's what I got:

"If you do not receive your car before you leave, contact us and we can put your order on hold until you return. It does not mean you will take delivery when your hold expires or removed, it just means we won't deliver one in the timeframe. There still may be significant wait time after the hold is removed."
I suggest waiting to put a hold until after your VIN is issued. With the wild ride in EDD's you may not even have to put your order on hold.

Figured I'd chime in after seeing helpful posts that mirror my experience. Ordered Sept 29, initial date was April. Moved to March for a while and then jumped to Nov/Dec which had me scrambling until it moved to Feb-Mar after a couple days. Now it's saying June.

MYLR, white, 20", tow hitch, and white interior. It's been almost 2 years since I received my M3 stealth perf, so I'm really looking forward to surprising my bride with this. Thanks for those posting delivery date updates!
Did you get a VIN during all this?

5 or 7 seat. With the EDD wondering if a 7 seater and they pushing those back