Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed recently to December 24 - December 31 but we're traveling out of the country for the holidays during that week so I asked my SA if it's possible to postpone the delivery to January if in case and here's what I got:

"If you do not receive your car before you leave, contact us and we can put your order on hold until you return. It does not mean you will take delivery when your hold expires or removed, it just means we won't deliver one in the timeframe. There still may be significant wait time after the hold is removed."

Well, today my EDD moved to March 12 - Apr 9 from Dec 21 - 30. This EDD makes me go crazy 🤪🤪🤪

Greetings all. OD 9/8. My EDD has been bumping back and forth from Dec 15-31 and Dec 13-26 for the past week. Today the EDD is a new one, Dec 20-31.
My EDD has been consistent Dec 24-Dec31 but last week it changed to Jan-Feb.
I ordered 9/5 with order change in 9/8 which is close to yours, hopefully my EDD will change too in Dec and all CA people will receive their Christmas present in Dec. :)

Yeah, I was wondering and stressing about delaying until I saw the Manchin/Sinema clown show kick off again today. Now I'm just going to take it as soon as it's ready and forget the rebate. It's just not worth all the stress, uncertainty, and anxiety. $7.5K is a lot of money, especially when you've got two young children, but trying to fit my life around this soap opera is just too much. I'm now counting the days, and I'll be at Tesla St Paul at 8am on delivery day! Of course, having decided this, I'm sure my EDD will change back to January tomorrow...

Yeah you are right the roller coaster will go on. After hearing this, there is no need to wait for the EV tax credit, since we don't know when its going to happen. Yes, its a lot of money and I could have done lot with that money in hand but the wait is killing me and its not worth it. I just hope my EDD changes to last week of December again and I can enjoy my car this holiday season. I have a new project starting at work in January and won't be able to enjoy why car early next year so want to have some fun and take break this holiday season from work before it gets busy.

Here's a question then: who is getting mudguards? From what I've seen, they sometimes come with the car? In MN, I'm sure I've seen a couple of reports of new cars having them attached already? And what, if anything are you getting for potential flat tires? Are any of the "instant flat repair" kits any good?
I bought the air pump/flat repair pump with my M3. Got a screw in the tire a year later, and the goo wouldn't come out of the flat repair thing. So it's worthless except as an air pump. For the MY, I'll be buying a 3rd party kit.

So I woke up to my EDD being moved back to February 08-March 08. What a ****ing shitshow. Really. I haven't even got my car yet, and I wouldn't recommend buying a Tesla to anyone. I'm dealing with a company that's utterly unserious about how it treats its customers.

Last edited:
So I woke up to my EDD being moved back to February 08-March 08. What a ****ing shitshow. Really. I haven't even got my car yet, and I wouldn't recommend buying a Tesla to anyone. I'm dealing with a company that's utterly unserious about how it treats its customers.
Don't buy the car and cancel your order then....

You should see what other people are going through with orders from other brands. Ford for instance with certain cars are simply telling people 26+ weeks and won't give you any more info until your vin shows up in the system.

Supply chain and ports being F'd up is the holdup on everything. Any west coast port right now has a 2 to 6 week processing time once its actually unloaded from the ship.

Don't buy the car and cancel your order then....

You should see what other people are going through with orders from other brands. Ford for instance with certain cars are simply telling people 26+ weeks and won't give you any more info until your vin shows up in the system.

Supply chain and ports being F'd up is the holdup on everything. Any west coast port right now has a 2 to 6 week processing time once its actually unloaded from the ship.
Well, then don't update delivery dates to being two weeks away! I couldn't care less what people buying other brands are going through; I want basic competence from the company I'm going to give over $60K to. And jumps of months have nothing to do with supply chain issues, because they frequently jump back a few days later. It's just an utter sh*t show from a company that's gotten used to getting away with poor build quality, awful service, etc., because it has no competition. The competition part is changing, happily.

Well, then don't update delivery dates to being two weeks away! I couldn't care less what people buying other brands are going through; I want basic competence from the company I'm going to give over $60K to. And jumps of months have nothing to do with supply chain issues, because they frequently jump back a few days later. It's just an utter sh*t show from a company that's gotten used to getting away with poor build quality, awful service, etc., because it has no competition. The competition part is changing, happily.
Lol don't buy the car then and move on.