Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine bumped back to 1/31 - 2/28 from like mid-Dec. So disappointed, was all excited. Hoping I get some surprise and it shifts back up before Christmas.
I am sure they will bump up all the early Sept Deliveries. I am only few days behind you and am sure we will be included in EOQ rush.
I am sure we will see change in our EDDs by Mid Dec for sure.

Reactions: Tesraki
I finally have a VIN! Ordered Sept. 3. Five seater.
Nice to see a 3rd September OD get a VIN! On the plus side you had an EDD Dec 12-31. So it makes sense between now and 10th for anyone getting 2021 delivery to receive their VIN notifications. It seems whoever currently has an EDD in December will likely get their deliveries. Those who were pushed into January are not going to get VIN's until 1st week of January at the earliest.

Its getting boring here since all our EDD's shifted to Jan - Feb. To keep the discussions going any idea folks whats going on with the EV credit? Where does it stand? Do you guys think it will happen before Christmas?
Here's a question then: who is getting mudguards? From what I've seen, they sometimes come with the car? In MN, I'm sure I've seen a couple of reports of new cars having them attached already? And what, if anything are you getting for potential flat tires? Are any of the "instant flat repair" kits any good?

Its getting boring here since all our EDD's shifted to Jan - Feb. To keep the discussions going any idea folks whats going on with the EV credit? Where does it stand? Do you guys think it will happen before Christmas?
I've been tracking your EDD because we ordered a few hours apart and both live in California. My EDD got a little larger and a little earlier, but it still ends on December 31st.

I fully expect that if the tax credits go through there will be plenty of people wanting to delay and other EDDs will move up, causing more people to delay and even more people to move up. In other words, a lot of moving up by those not delaying delivery if the bill goes through.

Looking at the spreadsheet, the time from VIN to delivery is only a few days in California, compared to 10 days to two weeks for the Least Coast. So the shortened delivery date range will be a challenge for some. Much chaos and scrambling will ensue as people scurry to complete paperwork and move money if they suddenly get a VIN. A few lucky folks in the east will get an early windfall if the original buyer chooses to delay. Tesla won't let the car sit or ship it somewhere else.

My guess is that the tax credit will pass, but not in its current form. The union add-on is in trouble, but a compromise is also likely. I think the Democrats really need this bill and something of a tax credit will pass before the Christmas recess. Now that the government funding issue looks like it is settled they can turn to the BBB bill.

There is a big difference between a hypothetical $8,000 credit and a real one, IMO. A real one becomes harder for some people to ignore. I'm getting the car no matter what, but won't pass up the credit if it passes because of guilt. If it doesn't pass I won't save money but I'll be glad the agony is over.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Here's a question then: who is getting mudguards? From what I've seen, they sometimes come with the car? In MN, I'm sure I've seen a couple of reports of new cars having them attached already? And what, if anything are you getting for potential flat tires? Are any of the "instant flat repair" kits any good?
My SA said that here in Chicago we get Front Mud Flaps. Someone else from the area also posted they had Front Mud flaps.

This is what my SA emailed me when I asked him this question: "...The Model Y does come with the mud flaps and the rear door PPF. Occasionally these items are out of stock but is something that will get applied through a service visit when they become available."
For flat tires, I ordered a spare tire to keep in the car - "2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Spare Tire Kit Options - Complete Kit With Carrying Case" from Modern Spare. Shipping is 2 months from order. It can be used for any Model Y and front or rear.

I've been tracking your EDD because we ordered a few hours apart and both live in California. My EDD got a little larger and a little earlier, but it still ends on December 31st.

I fully expect that if the tax credits go through there will be plenty of people wanting to delay and other EDDs will move up, causing more people to delay and even more people to move up. In other words, a lot of moving up by those not delaying delivery if the bill goes through.

Looking at the spreadsheet, the time from VIN to delivery is only a few days in California, compared to 10 days to two weeks for the Least Coast. So the shortened delivery date range will be a challenge for some. Much chaos and scrambling will ensue as people scurry to complete paperwork and move money if they suddenly get a VIN. A few lucky folks in the east will get an early windfall if the original buyer chooses to delay. Tesla won't let the car sit or ship it somewhere else.

My guess is that the tax credit will pass, but not in its current form. The union add-on is in trouble, but a compromise is also likely. I think the Democrats really need this bill and something of a tax credit will pass before the Christmas recess. Now that the government funding issue looks like it is settled they can turn to the BBB bill.

There is a big difference between a hypothetical $8,000 credit and a real one, IMO. A real one becomes harder for some people to ignore. I'm getting the car no matter what, but won't pass up the credit if it passes because of guilt. If it doesn't pass I won't save money but I'll be glad the agony is over.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Even we though we ordered a day apart I changed the order on 9/8 to Red color and I think due to this I was pushed behind a little bit in the queue but escaped the long queue that started for mid Sept orders I hope.
I am 99.99% sure, we will get deliveries in December since we are in west coast and I am so close to Fremont so fingers crossed for all of us.

Yes, if the bill passes I would love to wait or will be guilty of losing 8K for a few days but if I get it sometime in December I would not say no either. Its so hard to decide. lol

This is what my SA emailed me when I asked him this question: "...The Model Y does come with the mud flaps and the rear door PPF. Occasionally these items are out of stock but is something that will get applied through a service visit when they become available."
For flat tires, I ordered a spare tire to keep in the car - "2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Spare Tire Kit Options - Complete Kit With Carrying Case" from Modern Spare. Shipping is 2 months from order. It can be used for any Model Y and front or rear.
Are all cars coming with mud flaps and rear door PPF or just the ones in the east coast?

Even we though we ordered a day apart I changed the order on 9/8 to Red color and I think due to this I was pushed behind a little bit in the queue but escaped the long queue that started for mid Sept orders I hope.
I am 99.99% sure, we will get deliveries in December since we are in west coast and I am so close to Fremont so fingers crossed for all of us.

Yes, if the bill passes I would love to wait or will be guilty of losing 8K for a few days but if I get it sometime in December I would not say no either. Its so hard to decide. lol

Are all cars coming with mud flaps and rear door PPF or just the ones in the east coast?
Regional. Georgia person said they got nothing. Montana person said they got Mud flaps and PPF, and Chicago person said they got Mud Flaps only. Seems when you get mud flaps, it’s front only. Tesla shop only sells front. I just can’t find a set of rear flaps , since mine should come with front flaps

I actually read on the tesla site that snow regions will get them along with PPF on rear panels. And they specifically identified the region's. I was looking at the Canadian tesla.ca site which had this.

Am curious about the tire repair kits too. Most info I've read identifies that most shops won't touch the tire after a customer self attempts repair. This has lead me to wonder which is the better option.
1. Self repair (if possible) and assume I have to buy new product asap
Or,
2. Pay for the tow and hope it's repairable.

I received a couple text messages from tesla today. First one was asking if I wanted to trade in a car and if so to send the vin the mileage. The second one was saying they are reaching out to people who ordered several months ago and placed their order on hold. It asked me to reply "yes" if I wanted to keep my order active. I took my order off hold in mid Sept. I wonder if this means vin is imminent? EDD is last 2 weeks of Dec on east coast.

I received a couple text messages from tesla today. First one was asking if I wanted to trade in a car and if so to send the vin the mileage. The second one was saying they are reaching out to people who ordered several months ago and placed their order on hold. It asked me to reply "yes" if I wanted to keep my order active. I took my order off hold in mid Sept. I wonder if this means vin is imminent? EDD is last 2 weeks of Dec on east coast.
Same here, took mine off hold 9/27/21 and just received this text tonight:
"Hi James, we're reaching out to customers that ordered several months ago and have had their order placed on hold multiple times.

We're excited to deliver your Model Y as soon as one is available, but need to make sure you still intend to take delivery.

Please reply YES by 12/5/21 if you are still interested and we will keep your order."

My EDD is Jan 27-Feb 24, 2022. No hurry now and prefer to wait until January for the possible tax credit. Will wait until 12/5 to reply YES.

Reactions: Chadster
I am leaning towards getting 3D Maxpider mats for my Model Y
where did you guys get the 3D Maxpider mats from? Is there a place besides Teslarati's website?
Amazon appears to have different price, not sure if they are authentic? Or are they?
If you haven't already, check out the LDCRS mats that are sold via Amazon. They look just like the Maxpider mats but with no logo.