Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: while typing a response to another post about my EDD moving up to just one week from today, I received a text from Tesla about a potential trade in. So I checked my account for a second time this morning and my EDD was pushed back to Jan-12 to Feb 9. That change took place in a space of maybe 10 minutes, tops, viritually simultaneous with the text.

Unbelievable. WTF is wrong with Tesla that they have to jerk everyone around like this? The contempt for the customer is pathetic.

1639414060039.jpeg

Ordered and profile completed 9/8; Original EDD January. In early Nov EDD moved to Dec for about a week, but then for the last month (refreshing the app at least twice a day :)) EDD was consistently Jan 27-Feb 24. After what I thought would be the third desperate, futile, and completely unnecessary account refresh of the day, the Tesla Vision message appeared, a VIN had been assigned, and the delivery window was this week! Called the local store (partly expecting there to be some kind of unfortunate glitch resulting in a new EDD of April or something) and was told the car should be arriving at the store in the next day or two, and I was assigned a delivery appointment for Thursday. Was not expecting any of this when I woke up this morning!

MYLR MSM/Black, 19", No tow, no FSD

Ordered and profile completed 9/8; Original EDD January. In early Nov EDD moved to Dec for about a week, but then for the last month (refreshing the app at least twice a day :)) EDD was consistently Jan 27-Feb 24. After what I thought would be the third desperate, futile, and completely unnecessary account refresh of the day, the Tesla Vision message appeared, a VIN had been assigned, and the delivery window was this week! Called the local store (partly expecting there to be some kind of unfortunate glitch resulting in a new EDD of April or something) and was told the car should be arriving at the store in the next day or two, and I was assigned a delivery appointment for Thursday. Was not expecting any of this when I woke up this morning!

Awesome! Congratulations!

Great news! Congratulations!!

why is 7 seater the issue? Is it known/reported that the third row is causing delays?
I am just drawing conclusions from anecdotal reporting on this forum. If you read the posts you can see that 7 seaters are delayed beyond the usual delivery times. I suspect it causes significant delays in their assembly line, so they just schedule in infrequent batches. Some times, people are lucky to get it early, other times and more frequently there are delays.

Reactions: mdchen3
OD 9/8, previous EDD was mid/late Dec; this am it reflects Jan 11-Feb 8. I wonder if this, and many other orders being pushed back, are a result of manufacturing shifts from the Cali plant to the TX plant. I'd be pleasantly surprised if an A showed up in my VIN...or it just could be a morning fog pipe dream
Updated EDD today, Jan 31-Feb 28. I'm wondering why I rushed to order all my accessories ;)

I am just drawing conclusions from anecdotal reporting on this forum. If you read the posts you can see that 7 seaters are delayed beyond the usual delivery times. I suspect it causes significant delays in their assembly line, so they just schedule in infrequent batches. Some times, people are lucky to get it early, other times and more frequently there are delays.
Filtering the spreadsheet data down to just LR AWD orders that have received a VIN, the data shows that 7-seat and 5-seat configs have identical average order-to-delivery timing.