Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the first date in the EDD is one’s position in the queue. The range of the EDD only tells Tesla’s confidence in the forecast. A larger period indicates it is not firm. Even EDD is pushed out several months, Tesla has no idea due to uncertainties such as Austin operations. If EDD continues to deteriorate by a month every month means profile/registration is not complete. This is me from my armchair trying to make sense after reading posts each day for 4 months! YMMV.

MYLR, Grey / Gemini / Black seats, no added features, order date 9/13/2021 Los Angeles - EDD Currently Month of March.
(early as Jan, late as March 31)

I can only guess LA is end of quarter because it is closer to Fremont so they prefer to wait to get to me End of Quarter? Still knowing that Elon told employees to not worry about End of Quarter Deliveries and focus on efficiency/cost of delivery instead.
I never had an EDD before 2nd week of Jan 2022. My range from week 2 Jan through March 31. I would guess that regional batches, NoCal just somehow got first priority end of year, perhaps because it was closer to the factory and pressure to deliver more cars? Although you are So Cal lol hmmm oh and I have standard crappy wheels so they might be out of stock?
new edd
Fee
I never had an EDD before 2nd week of Jan 2022. My range from week 2 Jan through March 31. I would guess that regional batches, NoCal just somehow got first priority end of year, perhaps because it was closer to the factory and pressure to deliver more cars? Although you are So Cal lol hmmm oh and I have standard crappy wheels so they might be out of stock?
new edd
Feb 10-Mar 10
Middle of my 3 month range again
I think it might stick this time

I think the first date in the EDD is one’s position in the queue. The range of the EDD only tells Tesla’s confidence in the forecast. A larger period indicates it is not firm. Even EDD is pushed out several months, Tesla has no idea due to uncertainties such as Austin operations. If EDD continues to deteriorate by a month every month means profile/registration is not complete. This is me from my armchair trying to make sense after reading posts each day for 4 months! YMMV.
There's definitely some logic to that, especially with a lot of September deliveries moving back a month once January rolled around. Lots of holds coming off, shifting others down the list.

I doubt this is true. I once had first date of Jan 4th~Jan 18th. (this EDD held until Jan 6th).

People who had their first day after me, have gotten VIN assignment. While my EDD just got pushed out to Jan 11th.

Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, no FSD or tow, order date 9/6/2021
EDD has been flopping around - had stayed pretty constant at 1/18-2/11 but the window tightened this morning to 1/21-2/4. I will prob accept delivery assuming no obvious problems regardless of AMD v Intel etc.... but we'll see how I feel that day!
Well - just was called by my delivery center to make sure everything was set for delivery. Still no VIN. But he said the car was in production!

Reactions: SpecialDad
I ordered my white MYLR standard wheels and options in Sept. The EDD has been stable at Feb 25 to March 25. It was just moved to SEPTEMBER. Did this happen to anyone else?
Mine disappeared completely and then a new EDD range appeared the next day. Happened to others too. Chances are pretty good the computer is rearranging deliveries. Usually you go from a named month to a four week window with specific dates, then to a two week window. Give it another day.

Mine disappeared completely and then a new EDD range appeared the next day. Happened to others too. Chances are pretty good the computer is rearranging deliveries. Usually you go from a named month to a four week window with specific dates, then to a two week window. Give it another day.
Thanks for the quick response. Do you think it will still be Feb to March or now a specific date in Sept? I'm looking at used now online OR willing to consider calling them to change specs/color. What do you think

Thanks for the quick response. Do you think it will still be Feb to March or now a specific date in Sept? I'm looking at used now online OR willing to consider calling them to change specs/color. What do you think
Well, I just synthesize what I read in various places and if you ordered in September of 2021 I don't see you getting a car 12 months later. If you had a February 25 to March 25 EDD, and based on other movements in the September forum, I think you may move up a little, maybe earlier in February to start your window. My (unproven) theory is that they churn the order queue based on production planning and component supplies and then spit out an entire new set of EDDs.

Changing specs, by all accounts I've seen, resets your place in the queue, and your price gets adjusted to current prices, unless you locate an inventory car.

September is weird in that it was a crazy month for orders. Someone else on here made an observation that a week or two difference (say September 5 versus September 19 order date) could be a month or two later in delivery, which would track with your original Feb - March date.

Add in the confusion on people delaying their deliveries in hopes of a tax credit in the new year, and the EOQ rush, it can be confusing. I think a lot of people, especially in the east, got surprised with early deliveries as people deferred deliveries while the car was in transit and they were matched up because they had ordered the same configuration. Anyway, give it a day or two. Good luck.

How many ppl on the Sept. thread are still waiting for cars? It’s kinda quiet here and wondering if everyone has gone on with their lives🤪
OD: 9/6 - MYLR, grey, 5 seats, carbon wheels, black interior, no other added features and still waiting in VA.. date range just got pushed back again to Jan 27-feb 24. Was middle of January 2 days ago. A lot of fluctuation with the EDD. Wondering if I’ll get it any time soon at this point!? 😩

Reactions: flstcgranucci