Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got that message at 12:33 PM ET too. I am not trading anything in and my EDD hasn't budged in over a month 1/20-2/17.
I got a call from my SA on Monday inquiring about a trade in. That day I entered my car info and got a trade-in offer, which I declined. My financing was also updated Monday. Shortly after my 1/21-2/4 EDD was updated to June. My SA assured me that I’m still in queue for a late Jan/early Feb window, but until “June” is updated to an actual date I’m skeptical. Order date was 9/8 for a MYLR.

I just got a message from Tesla ask about my car trade in value even though I don't have a car to trade in.
Dose anyone got this message before? Is it mean my delivery date is very close by?
I got a similar text back in December. I told them why bother if the trade in quote was only good for 30 days and my EDD range started several weeks after that. They told me it would prevent "a delay in my delivery" so I went ahead. Getting the quote is easy (VIN or license number of your trade-in). I'm not going to trade it in even though the quote was very competitive as my daughter wants the car. So, to answer your question, it seemed to make no difference.

Reactions: Bbcheuk
I just got a message from Tesla ask about my car trade in value even though I don't have a car to trade in.
Dose anyone got this message before? Is it mean my delivery date is very close by?
I got a text from the SA about trade in, and it basically said I was highly recommended to get a trade in offer. When I responded that I didn't have a trade in, my EDD (which I was already 2 days into Jan10 start of 30 days window) got pushed out a month to Feb. This is the second time I have been 2 days into a EDD window and it was pushed out. No idea if you have a trade in if you get preference or not.

Reactions: Bbcheuk
I got a text from the SA about trade in, and it basically said I was highly recommended to get a trade in offer. When I responded that I didn't have a trade in, my EDD (which I was already 2 days into Jan10 start of 30 days window) got pushed out a month to Feb. This is the second time I have been 2 days into a EDD window and it was pushed out. No idea if you have a trade in if you get preference or not.
I do have a 'trade in'. Back when Tesla had their trade in estimate on-line, it was $4.5K, if I remember correctly, lower than the on-line Carmax offer. That was back a few months and haven't looked at the current on-line 'quotes' for trade ins. Will just sit back and wait for the VIN to get everything rolling. OD 9/8, current EDD 13 Jan - 10 Feb.

OD 9/6 2021 MYLR white interior +FFD
sitting in June too. Maybe it's the white interior.
I don't think it is the interior option. I have MYLR + White Paint + Black and White Interior on 9/12 OD, but my EDD has never reached June.
Agreed, def not the white interior because my OD is 9/15, White on White and EDD is holding steady at 1/25-2/22. Could be a temporary glitch, reach out to SA to confirm.

Agreed, def not the white interior because my OD is 9/15, White on White and EDD is holding steady at 1/25-2/22. Could be a temporary glitch, reach out to SA to confirm.
I think Tesla has just given up in trying to schedule something beyond 4 weeks. Instead of going on changing EDD's, they just try to predict whom they will be able to supply in next 4 weeks based on the type of color and other features they plan to make. By and large they try to keep the queue order within a region at least. But those of you are going to get a VIN, think of it, you will be receiving AMD chip, Lithium battery and more, which none of us who already got VIN will get. So there is always a silver lining. I know it is hard to think of it that way while waiting for a VIN.

Reactions: BTVev and samp10
I think Tesla has just given up in trying to schedule something beyond 4 weeks. Instead of going on changing EDD's, they just try to predict whom they will be able to supply in next 4 weeks based on the type of color and other features they plan to make. By and large they try to keep the queue order within a region at least. But those of you are going to get a VIN, think of it, you will be receiving AMD chip, Lithium battery and more, which none of us who already got VIN will get. So there is always a silver lining. I know it is hard to think of it that way while waiting for a VIN.
I’m hoping the new VINs will come with all the new goodies. Can anyone verify the latest deliveries have the AMD and Lithium 12v? 🤞

Reactions: 45thParallel
OD 9/6 2021 MYLR white interior +FFD
sitting in June too. Maybe it's the white interior.
Actually, I played on the tesla.com a little bit with different options (interior, wheels sizes, exterior colors, etc.) It seems the issue is:
1) if we choose P, it will be sooner;
2) if we choose LR, 20" will be sooner, black interior will be sooner, body color doesn't really matter.

However, we cannot change anything, any change will bump the price to current MSRP. :p. Just wait.

My tesla sales texted me back, June still is the EDD. Sad.

Sit tight and assess daily. LOL.

I got a call from my SA on Monday inquiring about a trade in. That day I entered my car info and got a trade-in offer, which I declined. My financing was also updated Monday. Shortly after my 1/21-2/4 EDD was updated to June. My SA assured me that I’m still in queue for a late Jan/early Feb window, but until “June” is updated to an actual date I’m skeptical. Order date was 9/8 for a MYLR.
Long ago, I read that Tesla was going to support trade-ins because customers demanded it... but that they would probably not give the best offer, and would really rather not take your car. But I've been contacted for a trade-in, and read recent reports of direct phone calls from humans (which is a rare thing indeed!) asking about trade-ins. Makes me think that a VP-of-Something decided to upgrade the trade-in department to a profit center.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
Long ago, I read that Tesla was going to support trade-ins because customers demanded it... but that they would probably not give the best offer, and would really rather not take your car. But I've been contacted for a trade-in, and read recent reports of direct phone calls from humans (which is a rare thing indeed!) asking about trade-ins. Makes me think that a VP-of-Something decided to upgrade the trade-in department to a profit center.
I got a good quote from Tesla on a trade, just $500 below Carmax and others, with a 30 day and 1,000 mile allowance. Very convenient when the delivery date is an unknown. I can turn the old car in while picking up the new one.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020