Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thank you for sharing this with us. it does look like the trade in messes up with the order (where it should not be in first place)

Yeah...would be strange if it does mess with the order. The main reason I kept delaying hitting accept/reject on the trade in was because my EDD was far enough away that their were too many unknown variables to make a decision on it. My EDD was always 2/3-3/3 before it went to June a few days ago. My thought was maybe they were close to giving me a VIN but because my trade in was pending they skipped over me. Hence, when I then rejected the trade in the EDD went to 2/17-3-17. Although, not sure why they wouldn't have just notified me that I am being assigned a VIN and to make a decision on the trade in ASAP.

Reactions: kewlguy
Thank you! I went in earlier and deleted my trade in, hopefully this will help move things along. And it's good to know about the other options if we do decide to get rid of our other car. I haven't heard of Vroom before, will be interested to see if others chime in.
yeah its worth checking out Carvana (or Vroom, etc) on your car to see what the offer is. Super easy to do with no commitments. If you do decide to sell through Carvana I know a few people who have had great experiences, including myself. It couldn't have been an easier and smoother process. But I don't know anything about Vroom so kind of nervous using them over Carvana.

Reactions: monkee88
Interesting...my OD was a couple weeks after you and my EDD is 2/17-3/17. The only difference is my car is MSM and yours is white and we have different pickup locations. Although, I can't imagine Mt. Kisco is that far from your pick up location in NJ.
Yeah I think I got delayed because i did not sign up for financing right away. Which was by the recommended by SA. He said it doesn't matter when you complete it, but that turned out to be far from the truth.

My EDD changed again, pushed back again two days. That's understandable. The Tesla geniuses probably read Stephen Hawking while at Stanford and figured out I won't be getting a delivery yesterday.

It is my 9th EDD change since the start of 2022. That's not counting the jumping around in December, when I thought I looked good for an EOQ delivery.

This is nonsense.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the there is zero chance of a delivery tomorrow or the next day or the day after that when the car hasn't been assembled.

(Is it possible Tesla's customer service issues were actually created by a rocket scientist?)

My EDD changed again, pushed back again two days. That's understandable. The Tesla geniuses probably read Stephen Hawking while at Stanford and figured out I won't be getting a delivery yesterday.

It is my 9th EDD change since the start of 2022. That's not counting the jumping around in December, when I thought I looked good for an EOQ delivery.

This is nonsense.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the there is zero chance of a delivery tomorrow or the next day or the day after that when the car hasn't been assembled.

(Is it possible Tesla's customer service issues were actually created by a rocket scientist?)
Seems Elon hired lots of smart people for traveling to the Mars, but he did not pay enough money for his website system, IT infra design. The system is very unstable and inconsistent.

This is nonsense.

You and I are in the same exact boat, both in EDD and sentiment/feeling towards Tesla.

I don’t believe Tesla respects it’s customers, nor pretends to. Between hardline policies and inability to make exceptions to things like the 3 day delivery window, to the constant shuffling of EDDs.

I’m just fortunate that I still have a car, I can’t imagine how frustrating this whole process is for people that don’t have a vehicle at the moment thinking they were going to get a car by now.

If you were to ask me today, solely based on my experience up until this point, I wouldn’t recommend Tesla to any family or friends.

(I do recognize that my experience is unique and I ordered during the pandemic and a historic supply chain disruption. I also know that friends that ordered two years ago had very smooth and pleasant experiences)

You and I are in the same exact boat, both in EDD and sentiment/feeling towards Tesla.

I don’t believe Tesla respects it’s customers, nor pretends to. Between hardline policies and inability to make exceptions to things like the 3 day delivery window, to the constant shuffling of EDDs.

I’m just fortunate that I still have a car, I can’t imagine how frustrating this whole process is for people that don’t have a vehicle at the moment thinking they were going to get a car by now.

If you were to ask me today, solely based on my experience up until this point, I wouldn’t recommend Tesla to any family or friends.

(I do recognize that my experience is unique and I ordered during the pandemic and a historic supply chain disruption. I also know that friends that ordered two years ago had very smooth and pleasant experiences)
I think the issue that all cars' manufacturers are facing now is the same, shortage of chips. It does not matter which manufacturer you order from, the same issue. I ordered a GMC last year in July, you don't even know when the EDD is, they just give you an order number and you follow up with GM "black hole", the dealership can't give you an update. A friend ordered a Toyota, his EDD was changing and pushing out -- almost 6 months late, and one day, he got called that his car is here, come and pick up.
I think the only thing that differentiate Tesla and others are, you order on line, and you keep track of your order, you can accept a car or reject it, not through dealerships. So, I agree with the frustrating EDDs, but at least you get a date, compared to no EDDs from other manufacturers.

Here's a new video by Ryan Shaw summarizing Tesla's customer service problems. He's a big Tesla fan, owned a M3, MY and MSPlaid, but is objectively honest here. And it has me concerned. How much worse will Tesla service get as production ramps up and more and more vehicles hit the road?

Reactions: monkee88
Here's a new video by Ryan Shaw summarizing Tesla's customer service problems. He's a big Tesla fan, owned a M3, MY and MSPlaid, but is objectively honest here. And it has me concerned. How much worse will Tesla service get as production ramps up and more and more vehicles hit the road?

yikes! that video makes me want to forget about EVs for a few years and buy a new Volvo to replace my 2011 instead...

This video was total straight shooting on the good and bad. Only lick he missed was the glaring need to fix phantom braking.

This is absolutely how I feel. As a customer, I certainly don't feel valued or respected with Tesla. I came close to canceling my order a couple of weeks back, but I'm going to give the car a chance. Still, after seeing Edmunds' comparison of the MY and Ioniq 5 today (the Ioniq 5 wins and, as Edmunds says, "it's not even close"), I wouldn't order a MY if I was placing my order today. Tesla had the EV market to themselves, became complacent and arrogant, and now there's competition.

OD: 7/11
Financing Info: 9/18

EDD: Jan 11-Jan 25th

Tesla system is treating my order as if it were placed on 9/18.

The worst part, SA said he cannot do anything from his end to rectify this mistake. Worst customer service.

It makes no sense for making financing info required field, if tesla cannot deliver the cars within the financing window.

This whole select cash and change to loan later is not publicly advertised.
You are absolutely right. It makes no sense. I'm FUMING right now.

I ordered online in September - it gave me a December and then Jan EDD. I noticed the payment method expired in December and called Tesla to ask if the expectation was that I pull credit reports every three months until I get a car (which would be ludicrous). The person I spoke to advised that no, I could sort out payment when I had a VIN assigned and not worry about the payment method.

Imagine my surprise this past Monday when I check to see September EDD. I called again and they advised that there was a glitch and not to worry about it. Probably someone with an order near mine changed their order and it caused a glitch and within 5 days the system would recalibrate. Weird... but ok.

Then today my date updates to June - July. I text with the delivery number and they tell me that because my profile wasn't complete (i.e. payment method expired), the factory depriortized my order. I tried to clarify that they wanted me to be pulling credit reports for them until they were ready to deliver a car and he said it was my call to complete the profile or not but I should know the factory will continue to deprioritze an incomplete profile. At this point, I'm beside myself. Why would they couple payment method with VIN assignment when they KNOW they won't deliver within a credit pull period. It seems like a systematic way to deprioritize non-cash buyers. Is that even legal??

Suffice to say, I'm livid and thinking of going car shopping this weekend to see what else is out there.