Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had an actual date range in June and then it moved closer?
Yes, twice that I remember off the top of my head.

Perhaps incorrectly, I have taken 'june' as meaning 'we are not sure of the EDD.' Then Tesla gets to some threshold (albeit low) of delivery date range that they disclose. But one way or another, when the dates are months away they are quite speculative.

Have you had an actual date range in June and then it moved closer? I’m so disappointed bc mine has been stuck there for a few days not just in “June” jail. I don’t understand how I can order in September and have the same EDD as someone who orders today. I just want my car 😞
Have you had an actual date range in June and then it moved closer? I’m so disappointed bc mine has been stuck there for a few days not just in “June” jail. I don’t understand how I can order in September and have the same EDD as someone who orders today. I just want my car 😞
I would make sure you have nothing outstanding. Make sure your payment method is set to cash. If finance, it probably expired and that will push you back. SA can change this for one once you get a VIN. Also, if you had a trade in offer, it may have also expired. Set to no trade in. They will contact you about 30 days out and ask you about a trade in anyway.

If neither of those, call Tesla and ask them to validate your profile and make sure all is ok. Then ask them why the long EDD. EDD is based on your profile completion date, not your order date.

Now 2/4-2/18. Colorado.
Lines up with my OD (9/8) and EDD 1-15 Feb. It's amazing how your current EDD kinda lines up with all your 'ping-pong' EDDs. I can't remember my initial EDD, but believe it was Jan-Feb time frame with of course all the 'ping-pong' EDD 'updates'. Guess I'm implying that Tesla EDDs are kinda 'in the ball park'.

Reactions: Mathnerd103
It's interesting to see that aside from those whose EDDs have a mind of their own, the pace seems real for those with reasonable EDDs. I see OD's a week or two before mine and they all correspond to a week or two before my current EDD (rock solid for 52 days, only one change since OD). I see a few more VINs on the spreadsheet for vanilla spec MYLRs popping up for August. And based on the entries updated in January only (last column), MYLR white with VINs I see AVG Order to VIN up to 150, AVG Order to Delivery down to 154 days. These numbers keep growing as people who waited a ton for their VINs start posting them.

Assuming 150 days (which is holding between 148-150 lately, when looking at most recently updated), expected VIN Dates for OD 9/25 land at 2/22. It all makes sense. Quite honestly there's a ton of fuss when EDDs move around, but seems to be some sort of consistency (absent people who just want to mess with EDDs on their end). For those of you who are keeping the spreadsheet updated, thank you. It's keeping me steady through this wait lol

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/23: EDD February 14 - March 14th (52 days since latest EDD, 120 days since OD)

PS: I am filtering some entries that make no sense on the spreadsheet. Like 680 days between VIN and Delivery, etc.

It's interesting to see that aside from those whose EDDs have a mind of their own, the pace seems real for those with reasonable EDDs. I see OD's a week or two before mine and they all correspond to a week or two before my current EDD (rock solid for 52 days, only one change since OD). I see a few more VINs on the spreadsheet for vanilla spec MYLRs popping up for August. And based on the entries updated in January only (last column), MYLR white with VINs I see AVG Order to VIN up to 150, AVG Order to Delivery down to 154 days. These numbers keep growing as people who waited a ton for their VINs start posting them.

Assuming 150 days (which is holding between 148-150 lately, when looking at most recently updated), expected VIN Dates for OD 9/25 land at 2/22. It all makes sense. Quite honestly there's a ton of fuss when EDDs move around, but seems to be some sort of consistency (absent people who just want to mess with EDDs on their end). For those of you who are keeping the spreadsheet updated, thank you. It's keeping me steady through this wait lol

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/23: EDD February 14 - March 14th (52 days since latest EDD, 120 days since OD)

PS: I am filtering some entries that make no sense on the spreadsheet. Like 680 days between VIN and Delivery, etc.
I agree, at least when looking at data available. It seems there is some impact +/- a few weeks depending on what region/coast. I just scheduled my own delivery for 1/27 (fingers crossed it sticks), which puts me at 147 days total. Right around your range tracking. I'll add to the official tracker once final.

I agree, at least when looking at data available. It seems there is some impact +/- a few weeks depending on what region/coast. I just scheduled my own delivery for 1/27 (fingers crossed it sticks), which puts me at 147 days total. Right around your range tracking. I'll add to the official tracker once final.
Did you have to complete insurance and finalize payment before you could schedule a specific day/time?

Reactions: Mathnerd103
Quick observations on delivery process so far...

It seems that Tesla really want's customers to use the app to manage pre-delivery tasks like update insurance, schedule delivery, payment. However, it's not necessarily an all-in-one app just yet. I was able to update insurance in the app, but to schedule delivery the app transfers you back to the web version for managing your Tesla account. I'm obviously still able to do this on my phone via safari browser, but several other steps direct you to use the app again. It's a little strange, but probably something their development team is sorting through.

Also, based on tracking other delivery stories, it sounds like notifications for 'next steps' were sent through a mixture of texts, emails or phone calls. My process has been entirely text based. Not sure if this is my SA's preference or just standard for Tesla by now. Seems like a simple thing that Tesla could clean up to make their process as straightforward as possible.

I would make sure you have nothing outstanding. Make sure your payment method is set to cash. If finance, it probably expired and that will push you back. SA can change this for one once you get a VIN. Also, if you had a trade in offer, it may have also expired. Set to no trade in. They will contact you about 30 days out and ask you about a trade in anyway.

If neither of those, call Tesla and ask them to validate your profile and make sure all is ok. Then ask them why the long EDD. EDD is based on your profile completion date, not your order date.
"EDD is based on your profile completion date, not your order date."

I totally agree with you. I left the profile incomplete for months.

Mine also just moved to 2/6 - 2/17 from 1/31 - 2/26 this morning, with still no VIN.

Third time having a 10/11-day window: previous ones were 1/18-1/29 and 1/26-2/5.

I am really hoping that this time it would be it, but won't be surprised that it get pushed out again.
Mine moved also, from a 27-day window earlier this week to now a 13 day window, starting tomorrow. Not holding my breath. This is my 9th EDD change of 2022.