Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Los Angeles MYLR | Midnight Silver | Black Interior | 5 seats | 19" | No Tow | No FSD | OD 9/13 | EDD 01/29-02/26 June11-July12 !

June Jail ? or place holder for a day or so? EDD June11-July12

Any insight?

Was holding steady and then they asked if I wanted to trade in a vehicle... as soon as I started trade in process bam... JUNE JAIL
I am paying CASH and dont care if I trade or not.
I could order a new one today and it would deliver July lol
Same here. EDD June 1 - June 29. I think(guess) it is just a random date because we are in the last queue of 2nd Q(3-6) delivery. It could be changed anytime by any reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evthusiast
In December I wrote that you shouldn’t get too excited if you get a VIN because I had one and then it disappeared. Now I will tell you, even if you get a VIN and a two-hour delivery window on a particular day, don’t get excited then, either. My window was from 8-10 this morning. It’s now 10:30. No one called or texted. My SA isn’t answering her cell phone. The local deliver center isn’t answering their phone. This company sure has a lot of work to do regarding customer service and building a brand.
Sure am glad you opted for the 'best' EV. Just imagine if you opted for the F150 Lightning in appx 2025, or what ever their 'commercials' estimates call for. Glad Gov't Motor's Inc, has pushed out estimates at 1M in 2025. Am sure you'll be happier waiting on an inferior product yet to be actually rolled out the door, and yet *itch about your experience. Sure am glad you are the only one waiting for a Tesla

EDD February 3 - March 3 holding steady for last 14 days. Based on the previous experience, I am pretty sure Tesla's EDD system will wait till Feb 5, before crushing all my hopes.
I laugh, not really, at your 'signature'..... delayed delivery b/c of payment....then attempt to say your lack of of rationale leads you to 'blame' Tesla's delivery. Guess I'm missing something

I laugh, not really, at your 'signature'..... delayed delivery b/c of payment....then attempt to say your lack of of rationale leads you to 'blame' Tesla's delivery. Guess I'm missing something
The SA told me payment info isn’t a blocker. If I select loan, it will expire before the car is delivered, so hold off that step until vin assignment.

After my EDD repetitively got pushed, i joined this forum and realized the miscommunication.

In all seriousness, if a company cannot honor delivery timelines within loan offer validity period, why make that step required?

If there is a backdoor to select cash and reselect loan why isn’t is publicly advertised on their website?

Misinformation + no effort to rectify their system.

All this sounds like a company that gives 0 ****s about its customers.

Last edited:
Sure am glad you opted for the 'best' EV. Just imagine if you opted for the F150 Lightning in appx 2025, or what ever their 'commercials' estimates call for. Glad Gov't Motor's Inc, has pushed out estimates at 1M in 2025. Am sure you'll be happier waiting on an inferior product yet to be actually rolled out the door, and yet *itch about your experience. Sure am glad you are the only one waiting for a Tesla
Dial down on the smugness.

There is nothing wrong with expecting basic accountability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesraki and Jgr4630
Anyone else here have their EDD not change in a month? Mine has held 2/11-3/11 for 5 weeks. No news is good news I guess.
OD: 9/20/21
I had an EDD of 1/29-2/26 for over a month (from 12/12-1/23). Then on the 21st I got a text asking about a trade-in (no trade-in). Then on 1/23 my EDD move up to 1/28-2/11.
OD: 9/11/21

I'm not the one that has such high expectations on a car that has had increased delivery delays due to COVID/supply chain, etc...I'm just sitting back in disbelief of all the pretentious 'Tesla sucks' (or whatever). Realize the 'pot' you jumped in and don't complain about it.

I'm realizing on-line forums are a waste of time for any real information.

I completely agree with you. For the money you’re spending you (we) deserve a reasonable level of information and communication. This forum is a partial.substitute for Tesla’s lack of information. It is very helpful, far more helpful than Tesla has been. Tesla has a leading-edge product and a brilliant CEO who is also an immature egotist. He should start listening more to his customers and less to his adoring sycophants. I say that as a shareholder as well as a customer.

Some on here want this to be another fanboy site, but we already have YouTube for that.

This happened to me and I’m back at Feb 18- Mar 18 this morning. My trade in had expired (which has happened several times already) and it moved me to “June” then June 15- July 13 last week. I ended up just deleting the trade in last week but it still took several days to move up. So frustrating but I imagine it will happen for you too.

MYLR, OD 9/15, MSM/white, 19”, no tow or FSD.

Oh good, that's great to hear that yours bounced back. I'm hopeful mine will end up the same way.

Reactions: Evthusiast
identical to mine! OD: 9/6, EDD 2/17-3/17. nor-cal. Did have a VIN back in Dec but held delivery in hopes of an EV credit. 🤦‍♂️
I dunno about that facepalm. In retrospect, that two month delay might turn out to be a smart move. You’ll get the new AMD chip (and maybe some other goodies), likely meaning your car will continue to receive updates for years after Tesla stops releasing updates for the Intel. Plus, there is still a nonzero chance the credit will come back In a pared back bill. Small but nonzero🤞

I placed my Y order on 9/25, and also placed in on hold from 11/1 - 12/31 so I wouldn’t get caught up in the EOQ push and potentially miss out on the credit. My EDD is sitting steady at 2/14 - 3/14, which is just about where it was when I requested the hold last year. As far as I can tell, the hold didn’t delay my order by one day. I’m personally glad I wasn’t pushed to take a car in December and will be happy when it arrives in the next month or two.

I had an EDD of 1/29-2/26 for over a month (from 12/12-1/23). Then on the 21st I got a text asking about a trade-in (no trade-in). Then on 1/23 my EDD move up to 1/28-2/11.
OD: 9/11/21

Oh no, I wonder if I shot myself in the foot a bit. I got the same text about a trade-in. While we were planning on just selling our lease to CarMax after pickup, I did let Tesla know that I would entertain the thought of trading in. They got me their quote, which my wife was not interested with, and I never clicked the link to deny their quote until just now.

Probably just over-reacting, as we don't know what (if anything) puts a hold on your account, other than an official hold. We'll see.