Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope you are indeed chilling in your new Tesla. i can totally see someone smiling their way home. I so much couldn’t wait that I booked another test drive last weekend and was smiling myself the whole driving time in anticipation of the new car.

Spoke to another friend who just completed one year of his Model Y last week and he was saying that his family sang a happy birthday song to their MY. I cant wait to get my hands on my MYLR. Hopefully next week. fingers crossed.
Definitely! I did not get the performance version but this car still RIPS. I hope the joy of instant acceleration never gets old and it has to be my favorite thing so far. This car is SO fast, performance or not. You’re going to love it.

Received me VIN last night and already scheduled my delivery for this Monday, Jan. 31st! Even though I selected delivery to Buena Park, CA, it only let me choose home delivery which I was a bit confused about but was completely fine, since I did not have that option at first! Has anyone else experienced this change with delivery method from Buena Park specifically, or in any other location?
OD: 09/07 MYLR5 White/Black, 20”, no FSD/Tow

Received me VIN last night and already scheduled my delivery for this Monday, Jan. 31st! Even though I selected delivery to Buena Park, CA, it only let me choose home delivery which I was a bit confused about but was completely fine, since I did not have that option at first! Has anyone else experienced this change with delivery method from Buena Park specifically, or in any other location?
OD: 09/07 MYLR5 White/Black, 20”, no FSD/Tow
Congrats!

Reactions: Evthusiast
Trade in went through... It was in limbo from Saturday till Monday morning. The limbo on Sunday... JUNE kicked in. Monday all locked and set. Only did trade in because they texted me. It was first time with communication since I ordered in September and 1 week before start of delivery window. whoops lol Now JUNE
Confirmed, it was Temporary EDD! While adding trade in vehicle it changed to June11-July 9 last Sunday.
Today I am back to EDD Jan29-Feb26. Feb12-March12
Within reasonable EDD range that seems to correspond to early September ODs
Teslas "computer delivery estimate system" puts you back in proper cue when your uncompleted item is complete. (trade in vehicle)

Next important date Feb 24th... Trade in Vehicle offer expiration date according to the information I had to approve before accepting their offer.

OD- 9/13
BLACK INTERIOR
GREY EXTERIOR, 19 Inch Wheels ,NO FSD ,NO TOW, LA, CA

Confirmed, it was Temporary EDD! While adding trade in vehicle it changed to June11-July 9 last Sunday.
Today I am back to EDD Jan29-Feb26. Feb12-March12
Within reasonable EDD range that seems to correspond to early September ODs
Teslas "computer delivery estimate system" puts you back in proper cue when your uncompleted item is complete. (trade in vehicle)

OD- 9/13
BLACK INTERIOR
GREY EXTERIOR, 19 Inch Wheels ,NO FSD ,NO TOW, LA, CA
This tracks with my recent experience. My order was 8 days before yours and my delivery range is the same as yours minus 3 days on each end. Also MSM. Good to know there are others in the same boat.

This tracks with my recent experience. My order was 8 days before yours and my delivery range is the same as yours minus 3 days on each end. Also MSM. Good to know there are others in the same boat.
Yes I think we can say with confidence that Fremont is churning out the cars and they are trying to get August-September out by late Feb, early March + or - lol. No delays by a wishy washy or slow to complete customer. Think about Tesla's point of view.

Yes I think we can say with confidence that Fremont is churning out the cars and they are trying to get August-September out by late Feb, early March + or - lol
It seems that way. I'm still puzzled/frustrated by all my EDD changes, including accordion-like expansion and contraction of my date ranges. I've had 14 day ranges, 10- and 12-day ranges, and now a 30-day range. I've been within the range four times only to have it shot out from under me.

Definitely! I did not get the performance version but this car still RIPS. I hope the joy of instant acceleration never gets old and it has to be my favorite thing so far. This car is SO fast, performance or not. You’re going to love it.
I got my VIN y'day, woke up like a kid waiting for Christmas knowing it's getting close. I can't wait, and your comments make me salivate

What was your OD and EDD before VIN assignment?
OD9/8, EDD prior to VIN text was 1-15 Feb. Current EDD on the app is 11-15 Feb.

Called Tesla SA 'guy in the sky'. He said my, or is that MY, car should arrive on the 9th or 10th. Depending on scheduling and pick up center availability delivery could be 11 or 12. SA said I should get a text to schedule in the next couple of days. I asked how long ahead will I know my pickup date and he said that it's really up to me when I schedule the date. My concern was that I want to attempt to schedule a 'trade'/sale w Carmax in the AM and pickup later in the same day. Carmax quote was $4.5K higher than Tesla. The SA was very polite and professional, contrary to some other SA calls/questions answered with a vague reply. I'm guessing that once a VIN is actually assigned SA's can provide better info, rather guessing wrong and upsetting a customer or two. BTW, my EDD on initial order stated Feb '22; not bad for an initial EDD.

First time posting..

Long Range All-Wheel Drive

Pearl White Paint

20’’ Induc􏰁on Wheels

All Black Premium Interior

Seven Seat Interior

Location VA

Order placed 09/142021

Can you count how many times my estimated delivery date changed

Received VIN number 363XXX

Scheduled for pick up on 01/06

I spent a lot of time reading through all the previous post and have followed you guys fairly closely. I hope everything goes well with everybody else and I will give a update after I complete this journey.