Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last I heard is they were planning to ship to Oklahoma and then ship back into Texas once paid for.
True. My Tesla rep. said the following from their # @ +1 (510) 330-1671 in mid-Jan. IMHO, the 4680 MYs will likely be a new trim and/or plaid MY:
Well I get an Austin made Tesla?

No. Fremont made. Austin made are going to everywhere East of that location.

Sure thanks for the info!

Tomorrow is my big day/pick up day wish me luck.

I think it is kind of ironic that all the accessories sell out online around the same time A bunch of people get their Vin numbers..

Image.png

This is what I have been trying to say all along. My edd was originally Jan-Feb.
August od’s finishing up. September od’s started.
February will have lots of Sept orders delivered. March the rest with some outliers.

Pending ww3 the cars are being manufactured at higher rates than ever before.
Your experience may put you right where they initially said, but there are others, like me who’s initial EDD was December, that then jumped to November…and I am scheduled to pick up next week. The EDD system is some *sugar*

Your experience may put you right where they initially said, but there are others, like me who’s initial EDD was December, that then jumped to November…and I am scheduled to pick up next week. The EDD system is some *sugar*
Yes, but you are August 18th order and getting your vehicle before most of us September people, so somewhat in line. Yes the EDD system is very odd with switching around. My EDD is currently 2/12-3/12. So at least you got yours before most of the September people.

Did your EDD eventually go back to what it was before or were you bumped out a bit? I was 2/4-2/18 and the trade expired on 2/4
I was bumped out a little bit from 1/29-2/26 to 2/12-3/12..... EDD January was mostly Orders from August... and now in February the September orders are starting to happen along with some August stragglers. Of course there are outliers.
My EDD seems about average in line with the September OD's.
Most of August are delivered and Some of September starting.

Also, it took me a few days to complete my trade in, as I had a misunderstanding of accident record vs damage to the car. Had a tiny fender bender that was fixed and did not know how to explain via the App. Took 4 days to get the trade in settled and accepted. Bumped to June in the middle of the 4 days. Then 5 days later bumped back to February delivery range.

Last edited:
No, it’s not worth it.

For one, even though Austin will be new from scratch and not a retrofit like Fremont, they’ll still have kinks they need to get out as a new production line.

And also the obsession of 4680 batteries has always struck me as odd from a customer perspective. Drivers won’t notice; they’ll be cheaper for Tesla and increase their margins.

I really don’t think it’s worth delaying to maybe get an Austin VIN.
Agreed, always avoid 1st generation. The 4680 can make the car little lighter with almost the same range. Tesla can get more profit from each car. Buy Tesla stock instead :).

True. My Tesla rep. said the following from their # @ +1 (510) 330-1671 in mid-Jan. IMHO, the 4680 MYs will likely be a new trim and/or plaid MY:
Well I get an Austin made Tesla?

No. Fremont made. Austin made are going to everywhere East of that location.

Sure thanks for the info!
It is unlikely they will add a new version of the MY. The would cause a logistics nightmare. A lot of people trying to change their order to the new “Plaid” MY? Holds to get Austin produced MYs. It is much more likely you will not notice a single difference. Tesla’s margins will improve (making the shareholders happier) and they will cut down on the backlog.

Yes, but you are August 18th order and getting your vehicle before most of us September people, so somewhat in line. Yes the EDD system is very odd with switching around. My EDD is currently 2/12-3/12. So at least you got yours before most of the September people.
There are October orders who have had their vehicles since December…there is no rhyme or reason…look on the spreadsheet, a good amount of September orders (as well as October orders)have taken delivery…so, no, I don’t think I did get my VIN before most September people, especially with an average from order date to delivery in the 110s, and me at 159 days to VIN (Will be 178 to delivery as long as things go well). We know of people with greater than 160 days without a VIN. Not really in line either. Why YMMV works so well.

Most August orders were November and December, I believe it was the last week of August that went to January.

Last edited:
Question is, where will Texas get their model Ys. Will they send from Fremont or ship from Austin to an out of state location, then ship back in. We all know they can’t deliver straight to Texas from a Texas factory

I think tesla only has two choices with the existing laws.
1) Continue to bring in Fremont cars or 2) Allow a texas dealer network.

Shipping the Austin cars out of texas and then shipping them back doesn't change anything , the cars were still made in Texas and are being Sold directly by Tesla. I don't see another way to get around it .

Reactions: Spockarific

Shipping the Austin cars out of texas and then shipping them back doesn't change anything , the cars were still made in Texas and are being Sold directly by Tesla. I don't see another way to get around it .
@CRIMSON_DATE our EDDs seem to be shifting together. It looks like your April May with me also. Guess we may be same batch

It's shipped out of state and the purchase is handled in Oklahoma. Once paid for it can re enter Texas because the transaction was out of state. Then the Texas service center becomes the pickup site.

This is the exact process of Michigan orders. My order is going to Cleveland and it must be paid in full before crossing state lines to my delivery location in michigan.