Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 765446
Picked her up today and like so many have said - definitely worth the 5 month wait! (order date 9/7 - pick up 2/5). Thanks to everyone who posted and provided support along the way. It helped to be in such good company during the wait.🤞🤞🤞 for VINs and Feb Delivery for everyone still waiting on their September orders.
Congrats, looks saaahweeet! Why does everyone appear to pick up my car lately? <Joking>

This is the exact process of Michigan orders. My order is going to Cleveland and it must be paid in full before crossing state lines to my delivery location in michigan.
Good to hear they are already doing it in another state. This gives me hope in Texas. Also, Elon has already implied he is going to do it till the Texas laws are changed:

EDD change to 02/09-02-19 this morning from 02/05-02/19. Slowly but surely...almost there.
🤞🤞
Today is day 148.

OD:9/11 PD:9/11
Edd 10/28: Jan 14-Feb 3
Edd 11/4: Jan 28-Feb 25
Edd 12/5: Jan 7-Feb 4
Edd 12/12: Jan 29-Feb26
EDD 01/23: Jan 28-Feb11
EDD 01/29: Feb 1-Feb11
EDD 02/01: Feb 5-Feb 19
EDD 02/05: Feb 9- Feb 19

@CRIMSON_DATE our EDDs seem to be shifting together. It looks like your April May with me also. Guess we may be same batch

If I don't jump ship between now and then. All this waiting has made me question if I bought a tesla because it was the right choice or the only choice, the more I see the interiors of the these newer ev's the less I like the MY.

Maybe I am getting to old....

If I don't jump ship between now and then. All this waiting has made me question if I bought a tesla because it was the right choice or the only choice, the more I see the interiors of the these newer ev's the less I like the MY.

Maybe I am getting to old....
I'm similar here. I LOVE the new Ioniq 5 with its well-integrated displays, 800V architecture, and generally stylish design. Tesla's tablet looks really primitive/awkward compared to the interiors of the ID4, Ioniq 5, and EV6 imho. The only thing that's made me stick with Tesla is the charging network, as I have a young family and we roadtrip + camp + hike a lot. I hope that in 6 months I'm really glad that I survived the wait and got a MYLR. However, I'm far more concerned with build quality, heat pumps, phantom braking, service wait times etc., than I am with chips, batteries, or whether it's an Austin build. Fix this *sugar*, Tesla, please. I'm trusting you here.

EDD change to 02/09-02-19 this morning from 02/05-02/19. Slowly but surely...almost there.
🤞🤞
Today is day 148.

OD:9/11 PD:9/11
Edd 10/28: Jan 14-Feb 3
Edd 11/4: Jan 28-Feb 25
Edd 12/5: Jan 7-Feb 4
Edd 12/12: Jan 29-Feb26
EDD 01/23: Jan 28-Feb11
EDD 01/29: Feb 1-Feb11
EDD 02/01: Feb 5-Feb 19
EDD 02/05: Feb 9- Feb 19
Today, my first 2 week window! Falling in line with you. Maybe 1 day early because I am near main LA delivery center?
Feb 12- Mar-12. 🔜 Feb 8 - Feb 22

Last edited:
I'm similar here. I LOVE the new Ioniq 5 with its well-integrated displays, 800V architecture, and generally stylish design. Tesla's tablet looks really primitive/awkward compared to the interiors of the ID4, Ioniq 5, and EV6 imho. The only thing that's made me stick with Tesla is the charging network, as I have a young family and we roadtrip + camp + hike a lot. I hope that in 6 months I'm really glad that I survived the wait and got a MYLR. However, I'm far more concerned with build quality, heat pumps, phantom braking, service wait times etc., than I am with chips, batteries, or whether it's an Austin build. Fix this *sugar*, Tesla, please. I'm trusting you here.
Charging network isn't as much of a concern to me . I am more concerend with the long term ownership. I am used to having a car for 10-15 years and servicing/repairing them myself. I see reports of people waiting for parts for up to 4 months under warranty when something fails or theres an accident and only tesla can do the work. ( besides me being 40 miles from a service center) .

Hopefully Tesla increases their serice center density

Reactions: DrGriz and Tararua
Wrote to my SA this morning asking if there was something pushing my account further by a month every single month since November. And i got the most basic response.

Good morning James! Thanks for reaching out. The Fremont factory regularly updates delivery estimates to reflect conditions on the ground in light of the global microchip shortage, supply chain volatility, and unprecedented demand for EVs. March does now look likely for your order, and I would not expect delivery later than that

I'd be fine with that, but this is the same SA that had me confirm a delivery in December, said i'd have a car early January, then said February 13 is the most likely day and now my date is all the way at March 4- March 31st.

I love Tesla but this EDD nonsense is whack

Wrote to my SA this morning asking if there was something pushing my account further by a month every single month since November. And i got the most basic response.

Good morning James! Thanks for reaching out. The Fremont factory regularly updates delivery estimates to reflect conditions on the ground in light of the global microchip shortage, supply chain volatility, and unprecedented demand for EVs. March does now look likely for your order, and I would not expect delivery later than that

I'd be fine with that, but this is the same SA that had me confirm a delivery in December, said i'd have a car early January, then said February 13 is the most likely day and now my date is all the way at March 4- March 31st.

I love Tesla but this EDD nonsense is whack
Same here. We ordered same day and my EDD pushed back to March. 🥲 I’m still seeing a lot of September orders getting VINs so I am still hopeful we’d get ours February and not EOQ.