Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR white, black int, 5 seater with gemini wheels on 9/10 at Tesla Lynnwood. Original date was supposed to be in February but its moved around a lot, at one point in december or january I think it was as far out as September and then it moved to march-april but now it's been holding steady for May-June.

Kind of dissapointed its moved that far out. My dad ordered his at the end of august in the same config and he got his at the end of January already.
same here.

did you check with Bellevue Tesla? I was up there today and they did say that I am on target to get a car by mid-march.
I honestly don’t think these SA’s, dealers or tesla reps have any knowledge of actual delivery date. Really doubt anyone has any visibility until VIN is assigned.
My brother in law took delivery and they told him after vin assignment his car had atom and no ppf/mud guards. Later at delivery turned out to be ryzen and ppf/mud guards included. So its hit and miss with SA.

This is fairly solvable. Tesla can simply have a holding lot in a neighboring state like LA and ship them to TX buyers from there. Kind of silly that Austin built Teslas would need to leave TX to be sold to Texans, but that's just how it is right now. I'm sure this would be cheaper for Tesla than shipping all the way from Fremont.
This has been discussed on this thread and others. Tesla has even stated what this process will be. Tesla will ship any Texas sold and built car to Oklahoma, complete the sale, then ship to the nearest service center to the customer in TX.

This will mirror the process on how they sell and deliver cars in michigan. I can choose to pickup in Cleveland or my nearest service center but in order to cross state lines into MI the vehicle must be fully paid for.

Reactions: Jdizzl11 and JDL@h
We got a VIN!!!! App showed we got within a 4 day window and I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can already peek at the VIN through the source code". No need, as the VIN was already there along with the message: "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

VIN NF389xxx

Updated my entry on the Teslike spreadsheet. I've been reading the news and it looks like Austin is days away. I'm curious whether it makes sense to push this or just take it? First gut reaction is to just take it and be done with it. But excited to finally have a VIN as it's a sign of real progress!

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text (139 days since OD)
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (17 days with this EDD, 153 days since OD)
02/27: Received VIN (155 days since OD)
02/27: EDD March 17 - March 21st (Current, 155 days since OD)
Congratulations!!!! This gives me hope as I am also in South FL. Do you know if your VIN is from TX or Freemont?

We got a VIN!!!! App showed we got within a 4 day window and I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can already peek at the VIN through the source code". No need, as the VIN was already there along with the message: "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

VIN NF389xxx

Updated my entry on the Teslike spreadsheet. I've been reading the news and it looks like Austin is days away. I'm curious whether it makes sense to push this or just take it? First gut reaction is to just take it and be done with it. But excited to finally have a VIN as it's a sign of real progress!

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)
Order Date: 9/25/21 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27/21

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (48 days with this EDD, 20 days since OD)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (58 days with this EDD, 68 days since OD)
01/29: EDD February 19 - March 5th (3 days with this EDD, 126 days since OD)
02/01: EDD February 20 - March 20th (3 days with this EDD, 129 days since OD)
02/04: EDD February 24 - March 10th (17 days with this EDD, 132 days since OD)
02/11: Received Trade in Text (139 days since OD)
02/21: EDD March 11 - March 25th (17 days with this EDD, 153 days since OD)
02/27: Received VIN (155 days since OD)
02/27: EDD March 17 - March 21st (Current, 155 days since OD)

Congratulations!!!! This gives me hope as I am also in South FL. Do you know if your VIN is from TX or Freemont?
Based on his post, its from Fremont. NF389xxx

Reactions: Jdizzl11
It's Freemont by the NF389xxx indication. I believe Austin models will be A instead

And slightly disappointing news, the car is rocking an Intel chip. Not AMD. Just confirmed by the SA.
Are you going to take it? I would double check on the Intel, Tesla seems to have run out of the Intels after VIN F380 from the recent AMD confirmations seen here

I need some insight here. I was matched up with a VIN yesterday. I see the VIN on the app, I want now changing from cash to finance but It seems that it's not working. I also do not see schedule delivery. Can someone on here give me some insights? What is the process, I uploaded my car insurance.

I need some insight here. I was matched up with a VIN yesterday. I see the VIN on the app, I want now changing from cash to finance but It seems that it's not working. I also do not see schedule delivery. Can someone on here give me some insights? What is the process, I uploaded my car insurance.
When I went through that a week or so ago, I contacted Tesla through Chat and they reset the account.

Did you get a text about getting a VIN, if so respond to that. Or, when they schedule delivery. If not, you can call your SC and they will do, as will the Tesla Call center.

Reactions: DrGriz