Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, WTF??? I am out here in Vegas too, ordered 9/27/2021. Basic MYLR white, no FSD. Paying cash, no trade in. Just got my 10th EDD, went from 4/14-5/12 out to current 6/13-7/25. I am getting pushed further and further out over time the last few months. Folks are upgrading so that must have a lot to do with it. I did see a couple posts of people ordering FSD and than canceling FSD after getting VIN # just a few days before pick up. So basically these folks are cutting to the front of the line and then bragging about it! Fortunately my wife still has her 17 year old Toyota to drive for now, but I seriously think she may need it well into 2023 the way this is going!
Those EDDs are crazy. I hope you both see substantial improvements in your EDDs and actual delivery dates. I see some of those FSD order then cancel moves as defensive. When that FSD loophole first opened up Tesla was placing brand new orders with FSD ahead of people who had already been waiting for months. I can't really blame people for wanting to get their orders back in place ahead of these Tesla approved line skippers. Sure, some of the FSD cancelers don't fall in that category, but I put the lion's share of the blame for this mess on Tesla and not opportunistic ordering. Good luck with the EDDs!

They may be LR with 20". If they were the 21" you would see the red brakes but its always possible the camera is too far out to see them.

It is interesting that none of the white cars seem to have 19" wheels
the current evidence leans toward neither MYLR or P but rather dual motor NON LR. With any luck Tesla will actually tell us in 7 days, or just prior.

Ouch! just got pushed to June 07 to July 19th.......... Screw FSD.
Order date 09/24 Scottsdale Arizona. MYLR, white & white, 19" no tow.
I'm in Phoenix too and ordered about same time as you and had the June 7th-July19th window too. A few days ago I changed from MYLR 7 seater to a MYP because I'm tired of waiting. Just a few minutes ago my date changed to April 4-18. Still no VIN though.

Reactions: ebNautilus
EDD moved this morning again from Apr 8 - May 6 to April 29 - May 27. I don't recall exactly but this probably 10th EDD shift. I had several 2-week windows before.

I feel that Tesla is just pushing our date further and further to make us give up as we have a great price locked in.

I'm in Phoenix too and ordered about same time as you and had the June 7th-July19th window too. A few days ago I changed from MYLR 7 seater to a MYP because I'm tired of waiting. Just a few minutes ago my date changed to April 4-18. Still no VIN though.
I've been reading that people been changing to MYP, did you get for the current price or did they honor our Sept price?

Reactions: Yoshismom
the current evidence leans toward neither MYLR or P but rather dual motor NON LR. With any luck Tesla will actually tell us in 7 days, or just prior.
Normally I would agree, with the Blue and black we saw the 19" wheels and its kind of odd that all of the white cars are coming with what look to be 20" or 21" wheels ( can't see the rims but they are black so 20" minimum) so something has changed. Could still be the non-lr with better wheels or they could have started producing other varients.

Where did you hear there was a paint shorty with MSM?
I would not take the MSM paint information too seriously. Those rumors have been flying since December and I got my MSM Sep 13 Order date Model Y on February 16th in Los Angeles. Lots of MSM's in the lot and I pass by the West LA delivery center every day.
For that matter, when waiting for a car to be delivered we all are speculating as to what the delay might be. Once delivered I look back and realize the same speculation gets re hashed as new people are waiting for their cars.

Reactions: BGOwner
That is great news!

Soooo, I know I said I was going to try to stay away from this forum, but I kept checking in 😣. I kept seeing that MYP orders were being fulfilled.

I gave in today and made the switch from MYLR to MYP at the price level in September 2021. Within 2-3 hours, I received a VIN and my EDD updated to March 29-April 2. Now, I’m just waiting for the opportunity to schedule the delivery.

It’s insane how paying extra gets things moving.
I am very grateful for this forum and for everyone's input. It was very, very helpful!

On Sunday, March 27, I switch my MYLR to MYP keeping the same price from September (see above for more info). I really didn't want a higher payment, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

I was scheduled to receive the vehicle on March 30th, but it arrived early and was delivered on the 29th. I didn't have a SA and don't know much about the double paned windows, etc, etc. I do know it has the AMD Ryzen chip. Also, I was able to keep the 1-year trial for the Premium Connectivity. Upon delivery, two of the rims were scuffed, the trim on one side was discolored/slightly off (could be removable film), and there was a scuff on the mirror. Other than that, it is great! I have already scheduled an appointment for those repairs.

I wish you all the best!!

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 64
I am very grateful for this forum and for everyone's input. It was very, very helpful!

On Sunday, March 27, I switch my MYLR to MYP keeping the same price from September (see above for more info). I really didn't want a higher payment, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

I was scheduled to receive the vehicle on March 30th, but it arrived early and was delivered on the 29th. I didn't have a SA and don't know much about the double paned windows, etc, etc. I do know it has the AMD Ryzen chip. Also, I was able to keep the 1-year trial for the Premium Connectivity. Upon delivery, two of the rims were scuffed, the trim on one side was discolored/slightly off (could be removable film), and there was a scuff on the mirror. Other than that, it is great! I have already scheduled an appointment for those repairs.

I wish you all the best!!
Congrats on getting the new ride!

I am also wondering with all of the LR to P switching does that make the queue shorter for existing LR holders or longer. How does the production planning work (each quarter or month determine how many MYPs vs LR to build, or is that more fluid based on current backlog and EOQ timing)?

Reactions: Yoshismom
Yeah, WTF??? I am out here in Vegas too, ordered 9/27/2021. Basic MYLR white, no FSD. Paying cash, no trade in. Just got my 10th EDD, went from 4/14-5/12 out to current 6/13-7/25. I am getting pushed further and further out over time the last few months. Folks are upgrading so that must have a lot to do with it. I did see a couple posts of people ordering FSD and than canceling FSD after getting VIN # just a few days before pick up. So basically these folks are cutting to the front of the line and then bragging about it! Fortunately my wife still has her 17 year old Toyota to drive for now, but I seriously think she may need it well into 2023 the way this is going!
Yea I'm not necessarily upset about that FSD hack. I do wish I knew about it. Nonetheless, Teslas management of EDDs are a complete disaster. Trying to be patient but its just ridiculous. Our time will come man, our time will come.

After having my EDD repeatedly pushed back I called Tesla last Thursday, 3/24, to see if they had any Red Ys in stock. I lucked out to find they had a Performance with White Interior and no owner available. I asked the rep to change my MYLR order to this, kept September pricing and took delivery 5 days later this past Tuesday the 29th. I hope you all get your vehicles produced and delivered to you soon.

Attachments

• 20220331_130238.jpg
    20220331_130238.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220331_130330.jpg
    20220331_130330.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220331_130343.jpg
    20220331_130343.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220331_130353.jpg
    20220331_130353.jpg