Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point I don't care about EDD. I learned how to live without a car. My only concern is that Tesla might find a trick to cancel our September orders. There is not really any other compelling alternative to Tesla (electric). I really don't want to drive/own a gasoline car.

The only EV car that I found that is good enough is the VW ID4.
Fisker and other EVs are as expensive if not more than a Tesla
That's what I'm worried about as well. I really hope that doesn't happen, I would never buy a tesla again.

Reactions: danniel
I guess everything is possible with Tesla. But on the bright side, they are not pushing EDD that far. It seems they will zero down on deliveries in May. I have a feeling that May will be the month of deliveries for September orders
We have unfortunately said “Jan, Feb, March, April, and now May” is the month for our orders to be fulfilled…. Apprehension is at an all time high.

We have unfortunately said “Jan, Feb, March, April, and now May” is the month for our orders to be fulfilled…. Apprehension is at an all time high.
I keep telling myself: "Chill, Ombre. When you ordered in September, the site DID tell you that you should expect delivery in April". But now I'm definitely not getting it in April (2-week shipping and no VIN). So maybe, maybe, MAY. On the plus side, there have been some solid hardware upgrades (Ryzen MCU, LiON 15v battery, double pane windows, etc.), but now we have that counterbalanced by rising interest rates, subtraction of the Mobile Connector, and rising gas prices. At first, the EDD game was cool (hey! I might get it early!); now it's maddening (it's LATE!). Apprehension is definitely a thing now. My optimism is at an all time low. I have to lean on @Jdizzl11 for that!

I keep telling myself: "Chill, Ombre. When you ordered in September, the site DID tell you that you should expect delivery in April". But now I'm definitely not getting it in April (2-week shipping and no VIN). So maybe, maybe, MAY. On the plus side, there have been some solid hardware upgrades (Ryzen MCU, LiON 15v battery, double pane windows, etc.), but now we have that counterbalanced by rising interest rates, subtraction of the Mobile Connector, and rising gas prices. At first, the EDD game was cool (hey! I might get it early!); now it's maddening (it's LATE!). Apprehension is definitely a thing now. My optimism is at an all time low. I have to lean on @Jdizzl11 for that!
Yes! The way I stay positive is by remembering that we are living in first world problems and people are currently being bombed.
I know it is frustrating and I am almost positive my EDD will move at some point because I am 8 days away and still no VIN.

I am thankful that I have a bed to sleep in, a roof over my head, and food to eat. After the last push out, I let go of the anger and just reminded myself how lucky I am to be living in America.

There are currently 3 major things I have been waiting on since September of last year and I am still waiting on all 3. God gives to those when they are supposed to have it. Patience really is a virtue 🙏❤️

So my wife and I drove down to Tesla this morning to drop off the cashiers check for the Model Y just in case it arrives while we are in Tunisia thru 5/14. The lady said they dont accept checks till customer picks up the car. I mentioned the home delivery the guy on the phone said and that he suggested we drop off the check. She never heard of home delivery and refused to accept the check. Suggesgted we drive to the other Tesla dealer since that is where the guy worked that I had spoken to on the phone. Of course the guy I had spoken to was not in. I explained the situation to another guy but he also refused to take the check also, said his computer shows we have a soft match for our car on 4/23 and should get a VIN in next couple days! We leave on 4/21. Interesting because my EDD changed this morning to mid May! Told him we cannot pick it up. He suggested putting it on hold, but I said no way, dont want to go to back of cue. He did say you can refuse delivery 1 time without going to back of cue or loosing your price. So looks like I may have to refuse this one if it turns out to be a match. What a fiasco to put it nicely! We had spent 20 minutes on the phone talking to Tesla a few days ago and were assured people go on vacation all the time and that this is not a problem!

Exactly, I agree it is first world problems an order time EDD that was March and now will be lucky receive in may is unacceptable. We should be compensated for lengthy delays. Period…

I agree. They told me April when I ordered, so if I get it anytime this month I can’t complain. You and I have the same build and the same EDD’s so maybe that means something. I’ve looked through the order tracker spreadsheet on this forum and quite a number of people received their cars on or before their initial EDD.

Reactions: OmbreCake
So my wife and I drove down to Tesla this morning to drop off the cashiers check for the Model Y just in case it arrives while we are in Tunisia thru 5/14. The lady said they dont accept checks till customer picks up the car. I mentioned the home delivery the guy on the phone said and that he suggested we drop off the check. She never heard of home delivery and refused to accept the check. Suggesgted we drive to the other Tesla dealer since that is where the guy worked that I had spoken to on the phone. Of course the guy I had spoken to was not in. I explained the situation to another guy but he also refused to take the check also, said his computer shows we have a soft match for our car on 4/23 and should get a VIN in next couple days! We leave on 4/21. Interesting because my EDD changed this morning to mid May! Told him we cannot pick it up. He suggested putting it on hold, but I said no way, dont want to go to back of cue. He did say you can refuse delivery 1 time without going to back of cue or loosing your price. So looks like I may have to refuse this one if it turns out to be a match. What a fiasco to put it nicely! We had spent 20 minutes on the phone talking to Tesla a few days ago and were assured people go on vacation all the time and that this is not a problem!
If I understand correctly, you were attempting to pay for the vehicle before receiving a VIN?

If I understand correctly, you were attempting to pay for the vehicle before receiving a VIN?
Yes, as I was instructed by the Tesla sales guy over the phone. He said I could pay with the APP from anywhere that had wifi (but we wont have it in the Sahara desert), or bring a cashiers check down to the dealership before we leave which they would hold till our car arrived and then they would deliver it to our driveway. Said we could sign the paperwork when we brought in the check and add my wife to the title as well, they could add the VIN after it arrived, thus eliminating the need to make a trip to the DMV. I knew something was wrong when the first Tesla dealership knew nothng about home delivery! Turns out they do have home delivery, but you must bring in the signed paperwork within 3 days of delivery. Point being, be wary of anything they tell you. My wife was on the phone call as well so it is not like I misunderstood the guy. She was ready to cancel the whole thing and go buy something else.

Yep! Just as I thought my EDD bumped back from 4/17- 5/1 and is now 5/19- 6/23. That is the beauty of this forum and thread is that by watching what is happeneing to everyone else you get a pretty good idea about what will happen to yourself.
Date Ordered: 1/30/2020. Model Y LR white, with black and white interior Taken off hold: 9/27/2021
I'm keeping an eye on if you actually receive a vehicle. You are the canary in the coal mine for old orders! Good luck. I hope this delivery timing snafu works out.

Reactions: Curious Nomad
I’m assuming that you are taking about front double pane windows (even though I would love to have rear double panes windows which CN model Y’s are getting).

Regarding mobile connectors, below is the text I received.

I would take it with a grain of salt because chat rep was very rude and she just said reach out to Bellevue service center and she cannot tell anything unless the VIN is assigned. Before receiving this text response I also called “Pacific NW” number (that is how he described his title), and he mentioned that they themselves don’t know what is the final status of the mobile connectors.

He himself was borderline upset with this decision and said that if Tesla does not reverse this decision it might bite them back. His final words were: I have to be politically correct on this line, but I agree with every statement you have made.

Attachments

• EF237FBB-7B1B-46A3-B9CE-AD9DE4B543CB.jpeg
    EF237FBB-7B1B-46A3-B9CE-AD9DE4B543CB.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 92
I'm keeping an eye on if you actually receive a vehicle. You are the canary in the coal mine for old orders! Good luck. I hope this delivery timing snafu works out.
Thanks, I probably should not complain, Tesla has been good overall since I originally ordered. I placed the hold early spring 2020 because I was concerned about build quality with all the craziness of covid. Probably a good call. Then got a message from them around mid 2021 stating I had to remove the hold or they would cancel the order. Asked them if they could extend it a bit and they gave me till the end of the year so I removed hold in September fully expecting I would have to pay the higher price that the website was then showing. The fact they honored the original price surprised me! Getting thru the sales process and wait is a pain, but I really do think it will be worth it, Tesla is at least 5 years ahead of anyone else in the EV industry.

People seem to forget that they ordered a vehicle during the worst supply chain crisis the auto industry has ever seen. You are only as fast as your slowest supplier. Legacy auto makers for many models are still 12+ months behind or you are paying crazy ADM's to get one sooner. Frankly Tesla is weathering this storm way better than all the other manufacturers. Relax and you car will come.

People seem to forget that they ordered a vehicle during the worst supply chain crisis the auto industry has ever seen. You are only as fast as your slowest supplier. Legacy auto makers for many models are still 12+ months behind or you are paying crazy ADM's to get one sooner. Frankly Tesla is weathering this storm way better than all the other manufacturers. Relax and you car will come.
Get your facts out of here and get back to complaining please!

It is funny, though, I just saw a Toyota commercial promoting vehicle reservations like having to buy before it's built is a desirable thing. It's not their business model, but they have no choice at this point.