Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticing that those who got VINs over the last couple of days had black seats, 19” wheels, and now tow. Seems like those in June jail have At least one upgrade at seat color, wheels or tow.

I am thinking those that get the standard config are probably matched after they are built because there is probably a bigger pool of people to match to. Then those that have options may have a designated build date specifically for their model. Those are made to order which could explain the EDD behavior.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Noticing that those who got VINs over the last couple of days had black seats, 19” wheels, and now tow. Seems like those in June jail have At least one upgrade at seat color, wheels or tow.

I am thinking those that get the standard config are probably matched after they are built because there is probably a bigger pool of people to match to. Then those that have options may have a designated build date specifically for their model. Those are made to order which could explain the EDD behavior.
I have white seats, 20" wheels, and do have the tow hitch. Taking delivery tomorrow, although the VIN is 417xxx, so a couple weeks ahead of the production for VINs people are getting the last couple days.

I have white seats, 20" wheels, and do have the tow hitch. Taking delivery tomorrow, although the VIN is 417xxx, so a couple weeks ahead of the production for VINs people are getting the last couple days.
Interesting it’s possible that may have been made to order for someone else and delivery didn’t happen. Not sure just a a theory. All of the VINs from last night and this morning have not had options with 425., 428, and 426 VINs. If anything it makes me feel better about my EDD situation and gives me some hope haha.

Edit: Just got out of TBD status and showing May 4th - May 13th! Prior to TBD is was April 28th - May 12th. 9 day window now!

Last edited:
Just did… you are correct, I see my VIN on the website.

Seems surreal as I didn’t think I was ever getting VIN. Now I need to figure out how to get financing set up, etc
You have just made my day…. Because you have a MSM color car which means, it has begun!
Whoaaa!!! Congrats, almost same build except white interior, ordered one month later, & downstate NY. Not sure how Tesla builds / production process, but been a while since I've seen MSM builds, hope they build some white interiors as well along with exterior builds & my date changes!!! I REALLY WANT BEFORE OR BY SUMMER, NOT AFTER, IDEALLY NOW - NEXT MONTH!!!

Interesting it’s possible that may have been made to order for someone else and delivery didn’t happen. Not sure just a a theory. All of the VINs from last night and this morning have not had options with 425., 428, and 426 VINs. If anything it makes me feel better about my EDD situation and gives me some hope haha.

Edit: Just got out of TBD status and showing May 4th - May 13th! Prior to TBD is was April 28th - May 12th. 9 day window now!
I also have white seats, 20" wheels and Tow. Got my VIN assigned on 4/15. EDD is April 28-May 4. OD was 10/5 (technically not Sept but close...)

Reactions: BGOwner
Now that I got a VIN, I checked my banks loan rates...wow, they jumped up a lot over the last month or so.

Does anyone know what the Tesla financing rate is currently. Not sure if I should bother having Tesla run my credit for financing or just go through my bank.
what was the rate you got if you dont mind sharing? i thought tesla gave you 2.49%, Local credit unions can give you1.99% i was thinking of going through tesla for convinience factor since the difference isnt much. we usually pay off our loans faster anyways so .5% interest wont be much.