Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what was the rate you got if you dont mind sharing? i thought tesla gave you 2.49%, Local credit unions can give you1.99% i was thinking of going through tesla for convinience factor since the difference isnt much. we usually pay off our loans faster anyways so .5% interest wont be much.

I have a Bank of America account and also get their preferred rewards discount. The last time I checked, the rate was something like 1.79%. I just went on the website and now its saying 3.09%.

My local Credit Union that I have an account with is say 2.24% for 48 months, 2.49% for 60 months, and 2.74% for 72 months.

I haven't had any of them run my credit yet but I would assume I would get the best advertised rate.

If Tesla is still 2.49% I will probably just go through tesla for the convenience factor. Like you, I tend to pay my debt down fast as I am not a fan of debt. But wasn't sure if Tesla's rate went up like Bank of Americas did.

Edit: Looks like Tesla's rate might be 2.99% now.

I have a Bank of America account and also get their preferred rewards discount. The last time I checked, the rate was something like 1.79%. I just went on the website and now its saying 3.09%.

My local Credit Union that I have an account with is say 2.24% for 48 months, 2.49% for 60 months, and 2.74% for 72 months.

I haven't had any of them run my credit yet but I would assume I would get the best advertised rate.

If Tesla is still 2.49% I will probably just go through tesla for the convenience factor. Like you, I tend to pay my debt down fast as I am not a fan of debt. But wasn't sure if Tesla's rate went up like Bank of Americas did.

Edit: Looks like Tesla's rate might be 2.99% now.
Yeah the rates hikes are happening across the board. Feds want to make borrowing difficult so you will see higher interest rates on house cars pretty much any borrowing. That is why sooner we get our Vin better. as time progresses we are only going to see higher interest rates. which may have some buyers cancelling their orders for time being. specially on 60-10k auto loans. 3% interest rate can be high and if you wait 6-8 months more it may hike to 4%. For sole reason i changed my order to MYP to get it sooner to avoid higher interest rate.

Yeah the rates hikes are happening across the board. Feds want to make borrowing difficult so you will see higher interest rates on house cars pretty much any borrowing. That is why sooner we get our Vin better. as time progresses we are only going to see higher interest rates. which may have some buyers cancelling their orders for time being. specially on 60-10k auto loans. 3% interest rate can be high and if you wait 6-8 months more it may hike to 4%. For sole reason i changed my order to MYP to get it sooner to avoid higher interest rate.

If my CU advertised rates are correct I may just go with them at 2.24% for 48 months or 2.49% for 60.