Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service, build standards and market attitude

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m likely barking into space. Tesla attitude to customers and it’s attitude to its own build quality is appalling. One of the underside panels at the back of my ‘18 model S came detached and dragged on the road after driving through a puddle. The noise on the road was too worrying to proceed. After 2hrs of trying to get Roadside Assistance I’m told that it’s another 2hrs before they’ll come. The AA came in 40mins. AA man tells me that bolts were missing.

this is after:

little rubber bushes under boot lid fall off
trim round sunroof detaches
door cards pop out
door seals come loose exposing roof lining edges

i get to service appointment which is specifically designed to avoid seeing me. I complain to beardy Tesla-Boy who seems to be in charge about shite Roadside Assistance and shite build quality. He literally tells me that if I want a decent car I should buy a Mercedes. When I bought a Tesla I was apparently just buying into incredible tech and I should be grateful for it. Well guess what lads? I really don’t think I’ll be buying the next model S. It’s true that Teslas do stuff other cars don’t- yet. Unfortunately that includes falling apart.