Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the MY the best Tesla vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
c'mon people, everyone knows the Mini Cooper SE is the best EV!
No way
Seeing this in person and touching it was incredible today
Impressive machine

1701723113479.jpeg

I've personally owned a model 3 and now have a model S. My dad has owned a pre-refresh S, a Y, and now has a model X refresh - I've driven all of his cars pretty extensively. So I have pretty good seat time in the entire s3xy line-up.

I'd rank them as S > 3 > X >>>>>>>> Y. The Y had the worst suspension of any car I've ever driven for both handling and ride quality. It felt like it could not handle its own power. Has body roll galore compared to the rest of the Tesla lineup. And the road noise was awful. I know it's the most popular car in the world at the moment, but I just can't imagine picking one after driving the other Teslas

I've only got about 2 1/2 weeks in my new MYLR. I would think the ride could be greatly improved with more rubber on the road. Why does every mfg. want 3" tall tires? I would think 15" wheels with taller rubber would greatly soften the jolt over my 19" factory wheels and Pirelli's. Also, 42 psi lends itself to a stiffer, noisier experience. Not everybody needs/wants that sports car in the twisties performance. Of course, they might have to adjust that imaginary 330 mile range downward somewhat.

I think the 3 is a better car than the Y (and the S best of all)...but at the end of the day a car is to transport people, dogs and things....and the wife said to me the other day, ‘I wish we had bought a Y’...🥺😳

I think the 3 is a better car than the Y (and the S best of all)...but at the end of the day a car is to transport people, dogs and things....and the wife said to me the other day, ‘I wish we had bought a Y’...🥺😳
I liked the M3, but at my age it was much more difficult to get in and out of than my MY. Also, driving a low slung sedan on a freeway with 60% behemoth pickups and SUV's can be intimidating.................and dangerous.

Everyone knows that Y is 3's ugly fat cousin who can't see behind her, moves very stiffly, has back problems requiring her to sit more upright, and is more financially demanding.

But somehow people like her because "she has a bigger behind". No thanks.
In just about every practical metric, the Model Y is superior to the 3. The only areas the 3 exceeds the Y is in efficiency (smaller frontal area), nimbleness (lighter and lower) and slightly quicker acceleration. The Y exceeds the 3 in ease of ingress and egress, visibility, cargo capacity and accessibility. Otherwise they're pretty much identical vehicles.

This has me wondering if anyone has ever had their M3P or MYP up to their theoretical top speeds. I don't recall ever reading or seeing anyone attempt this. Basically, anything over 120 mph isn't feasible on anything short of a dedicated race track.

In just about every practical metric, the Model Y is superior to the 3. The only areas the 3 exceeds the Y is in efficiency (smaller frontal area), nimbleness (lighter and lower) and slightly quicker acceleration. The Y exceeds the 3 in ease of ingress and egress, visibility, cargo capacity and accessibility. Otherwise they're pretty much identical vehicles.

This has me wondering if anyone has ever had their M3P or MYP up to their theoretical top speeds. I don't recall ever reading or seeing anyone attempt this. Basically, anything over 120 mph isn't feasible on anything short of a dedicated race track.
I did with my MYP recently. Amazing
Not scary at all, very tight
I don’t remember if there was a limiter

Reactions: SSonnentag