Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Email - Is it a Thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear a lot of people talk about emailing their SC and getting great response. I have emailed the Seattle (SODO) SC about four times, and have never received a prompt response. The best that I've gotten is a reply (after a couple of weeks!) that clearly indicates they didn't read my email suggesting that I call for an appointment. This has been very disappointing. They also don't have a website to arrange an appointment for service, which I find to be incredible.

Is this an exception, or are they just living in the stone ages of rotary telephones here?

Or possibly they're younger and don't like to use email?

You'd think it's up to the service center to adapt to customer communication preferences, but that hasn't been my experience. At Burlingame when I go in for service they'll ask me if I'd prefer a call or a text for vehicle status. I'll say "text", they'll write that down.... and then they'll call me. They reply to emails, but I also get replies suggesting a service appointment instead of answering my question. It's their hammer, and everything looks like a nail.

I'll just leave this here....

I personally will do anything to avoid a phone call (and, especially, VOICE MAIL!). Seems like those are all the Seattle SC knows how to use. This really surprises me for a company like Tesla.
And in a techie area like Seattle no less... I stopped in the Tesla showroom there during my new-hire training at Amazon, and they seemed like a good bunch. Hooked me up with some Tesla keychains for being a Roadster owner, lol. Looks like the SC is a bit south from there?

My “local” service centers (Boston area) and I are in frequent email contact and the one time there was a delayed response it was due to illness and even then the respondent caught up with email from home.