Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Service Center Gossip :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my car in yesterday for a safety check and a couple other things. The Tesla service center construction guy was there from mainland. Super friendly guy. We were talking about all the Tesla shops/service centers in the US, Europe, And China. Tesla has around 30 sites in the US that they are working on now! He also mentioned that Tesla is looking for a retail store here.

There was also a visiting service advisor from San Diego filling in for Jimmy who's in China for a few weeks helping to set up service centers there. One of the tech guys is also leaving for the mainland to be a trainer. How exciting to work for Tesla! Also asked about Barry's replacement but no one yet. Mainland managers are taking turns coming here until they find someone.

Talked to Susan too and they're looking at setting up more test drive events here.

I love visiting the service center :)

Susan is getting some help real soon--sounds like next month. She said she'll be setting up more events once she collaborates with her new colleague.

The SC asked me to bring my MS in (my car phoned home) so they could change an internal power switch and power control module. They had to remove the battery to do so...found more rat nest and "stuff" on the battery pack from the original rodent. boooo... But, they were awesome and cleaned it for me! No new rodents to date!

All, Luke Brewbaker sent the email below out today 1/8/15. I forwarded a copy to everyone that I could find an email address for.

Here's the contents of his email:

Dear Friends,

As some of you may or may not know, I have decided to resign from my position at Tesla Motors. My last day will be tomorrow, January 9[SUP]th[/SUP] 2015. It was not an easy decision for me to make but in the end I feel it was the right decision for me and my family.

I have accepted a position at Servco Pacific in Hawaii and will continue on to finally finish my CS degree this December. Maybe after that I’ll create an online payment system, sell the company to eBay and start a rival electric car company… I have been a long term investor and supporter of Tesla, even before I worked here, and will continue to support the company for the long term. But please hurry up with the Model 3! My STi is an old girl and needs to get replaced eventually!

I hope to stay in touch with all of you, and please feel free to add me on Facebook or LinkedIn. I also updated my signature with my personal contact information. I tried my best to include everyone, but please feel free to forward this to someone I might have missed. I have enjoyed every second of the last three and a half years as an employee here, and would not have traded it for anything in the world. I hope you will join me in being a little nostalgic, I included some pictures from the last 3 or so years I’ve been here.

Thank you all for making Tesla the company it is today, and I hope to see you all again in the future.

Aloha and A Hui Hou!

Luke Brewbaker | Service Advisor
cell 720-394-4545 | email [email protected]