Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Indianapolis Loaner Experience - Spoiler, kinda bad.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my one month old Model 3 had to be left at the shop today since the sound system nuked itself - they're thinking it needs a new amp or computer. Anyway, I dropped it off this morning and was graciously provided a loaner 2015 Model S 85D.

I hopped in and immediately noticed a little trash (stuff like straw wrappers and fast food waste) but it wasn't until I arrived home that I realized that I'm fairly certain this loaner (which I verified is registered to the Tesla Service Center here in Indy) has never been cleaned inside (images below). It was so bad that I questioned whether or not I hadn't accidentally been given another customer's car.

In the cup holder I found about a dollar's worth of change! Woo hoo! On the visor I found someone's garage door opener. In the glovebox were 3 different customer's names and the dates/times they picked the loaner up (dating all the way back to September - I blacked out the last names). Found some super cool shades and a mask... because clearly we're concerned about COVID with this particular car. Everything in the 2nd picture doesn't belong to me and was all found after I picked the car up.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm glad I got a loaner at all and have seen some here write about not even being able to get one. Apparently the loaners in Indy were in the shop for sometime after getting hail damage. I also understand that other car brands would make you sit around or arrange your own ride if you were dropping off a vehicle. But this is pretty bad, especially from a company that is a "luxury" brand. Having owned a BMW before I got my Model 3, I can say that their loaner was definitely cleaner than this Model S. I won't bust out my jump to conclusions mat, but curious to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience. Also, if you're looking for your garage door opener, shoot me a DM 🤣 .

IMG_7473.JPG

IMG_7478.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7480.JPG

Last edited: