Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service charging change and daytime lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S has two daytime running lights failed, so took pics and booked it in today using the app for service next Tuesday, which is being done at my place. Cannot complain about that level of service. What surprised me though was the change of charging policy. The app asked me to approve a warranty job at $0.00 charge. Tesla probably got tired of cosntantly dealing with their previous method of declaring a cost.
For those with a model S, you might want to check your daytime running lights. The other S had the same failure earlier this year.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
I believe that it depends on the Service Center, Service Advisor, and their belief of is it a warranty claim or not. Since you provided adequate documentation, it is possible that it was a guaranteed service. But something like "my windshield has a crack" definitely has to be investigated closer.

I believe that it depends on the Service Center, Service Advisor, and their belief of is it a warranty claim or not. Since you provided adequate documentation, it is possible that it was a guaranteed service. But something like "my windshield has a crack" definitely has to be investigated closer.
In australia every service that I have had, even clear warranty jobs, have had a price attached. Many people commented on here of the same issue.