Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Contracts in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you've got it right. The one thing that gives me pause is that I gather from the way you write this that you are optimistic that they will reach some sort of agreement with Florida. I'm more pessimistic. Either way, I'm not too far from the end of my initial warranty, so I am fairly certain I will be left without any coverage relatively soon, because there's no way they'll reach an agreement in time.
[FONT=&amp]I really have no valid reason to be optimistic. I’m probably optimistic because half my brain is seducing the other half to ignore the negatives and emphasize the positives while I struggle with the decision to place an order. However, there's certainly plenty of positive comments in these pages to offset negatives.

[/FONT]In reality, the lack of Tesla offering these agreements in Florida is a meaningful negative. I'll bounce it off the sales person at Dania Beach and see what the latest company word is on Tesla reaching an agreement with Florida.

[FONT=&amp]I also did some more searching and read [/FONT]George Blankenship’s per-announcement of the $12,000 Battery Replacement Program, but it doesn’t seem to be implemented yet.

In reality, the lack of Tesla offering these agreements in Florida is a meaningful negative. I'll bounce it off the sales person at Dania Beach and see what the latest company word is on Tesla reaching an agreement with Florida.

I asked in Tampa on Wednesday but the answer was "Sorry, no news on that". I'm guessing you'll get the same answer from Dania Beach but do let us know in any case.

BTW Bill, yes the lack of service plans are a negative but I'm also constantly telling folks how good Tesla service is around here. In my >2.5 years of driving Tesla both Dania and Tampa have been exemplary; the new folks in Orlando were training in Tampa for the last months so hopefully the great customer service orientation will also be in their heads from day one.

I asked in Tampa on Wednesday but the answer was "Sorry, no news on that". I'm guessing you'll get the same answer from Dania Beach but do let us know in any case.
I just asked in Dania Beach and the answer was "you won't need the extended service for 4 years and by then Tesla will have an agreement with Florida" but there's no official promise. This is at the top of my list of "negatives".

I'm pondering my need for the $2,700 HPWC option. I can't imagine needing a faster charging rate at home above 30 mi/hour, but the sales guy said double chargers on-board will double the charging rate at RV parks etc that have 80 amp service and said the double charge rate can be achieved with the portable cable kit. I'm searching to verify this but can't find it. Do you know if its accurate?

I had State Farm home and auto insurance before getting my Model S and received a quote from them that was over $200 more per six months than Geico here in Orlando. Naturally, the day I picked up the Model S I had Geico insurance on it.
Thanks - I'll check with Geico.
Maybe when I tell State Farm I'm replacing one of my cars with a P85 they'll say "IF YOU LIKE YOUR INSURANCE PLAN - YOU CAN KEEP YOUR INSURANCE PLAN - PERIOD:smile:

This morning I had a conversation with Tesla's Senior Corporate Counsel to obtain some background on the subject.

Club members please go to our private discussion group for more information. Refer to

Florida owners not eligible for 4 year service plans

Larry

Last edited: