Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Intervals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My August 2019 M3 will soon be nearing the two year period for the recommended maintenance items to be checked. Am I correct in thinking as Tesla switched to an ‘as needed’ maintenance schedule I would you need to book it in rather than wait for any contact or communication from them?

My August 2019 M3 will soon be nearing the two year period for the recommended maintenance items to be checked. Am I correct in thinking as Tesla switched to an ‘as needed’ maintenance schedule I would you need to book it in rather than wait for any contact or communication from them?

Short answer, Yes

Long answer....well still yes. But I wouldn't even bother. Unless servicing is a requirement of a lease or something that you've taken, they will charge you a small fortune to look at the car.

Any local garage can dip your brake fluid and tell you if it needs flushing. Which it almost certainly will not do.

Same goes for cleaning and lubricating the brakes.

Air filter you can do yourself.

Thats about it.

Reactions: LEE3
Could a risk of taking local be some random issue specific to EV’s which Tesla would typically spot that may be missed by the local garage? For example I thought Tesla were addressing the water ingress issue by replacing the seals as and when cars go into service centres so obviously by taking it local anything such as that would not addressed.