Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service issues. [hard to reach a person when contacting service]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had questions about service but virtually impossible to speak with a human. Finally found a number and had questions answered. Tesla needs to improve and catch up with rest of auto industry
More companies are starting to make EV,s and they will start to lose business even if my Model 3 is the best out there.

also major issue with EZ pass working. Beening embarrased multiple times and yelled at by my wife. Why should I have to open the window. And hold the unit while driving the best EV made

Dick Shapiro

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Had questions about service but virtually impossible to speak with a human. Finally found a number and had questions answered. Tesla needs to improve and catch up with rest of auto industry
More companies are starting to make EV,s and they will start to lose business even if my Model 3 is the best out there.

also major issue with EZ pass working. Beening embarrased multiple times and yelled at by my wife. Why should I have to open the window. And hold the unit while driving the best EV made

Dick Shapiro

Did you place the EZPass in the location recommended in the owners manual?

Tim

You have a fair point.
Tesla's service delays and lack of communication around it, are becoming an increasing dis-incentive to owning a Tesla.

Elevated and increasing insurance costs is another - I'm paying 1.5x / year on Model 3 than the BMW or Honda on the same policy. And year-over-year costs for Model 3 have actually gone up, while dropping for the other two cars. Not great.

I have a serious known suspension issue that leaves my wife uncomfortable driving the car, and the earliest appointment I could get out of Tesla app was 4+ weeks from the day of opening the "ticket", with 1+ week left to go before the event. The car has been rendered useless in the interim, with no recourse.

Luckily, we have spares.

I hold my EZ pass near the top of the windshield. I don’t like adhering it. Never had an issue. Could your transponder need a replacement?
Beening embarrased multiple times and yelled at by my wife. Why should I have to open the window. And hold the unit while driving the best EV made

I have EZ pass mounted on the windshield as well, with no problems. It is velcro-ed to the right of the rear view mirror, and out of sight to the driver.
Works really well on Model 3 and my other cars.
If your tag is misbehaving (happened to me once), consider having it replaced by EZpass. That did it for me, for free.

HTH,
a

Dick Shapiro

I don't have an EZ pass but I do have a Fastrak which I'm assuming is similar. Mine is mounted on my windshield at the very top left of my rear view mirror and it's been working fine. Maybe contact EZ pass to see if you can exchange out your transponder for a newer one?

On another note, is your wife really yelling at you for having to roll the window down for a few seconds?

I don't have an EZ pass but I do have a Fastrak which I'm assuming is similar. Mine is mounted on my windshield at the very top left of my rear view mirror and it's been working fine. Maybe contact EZ pass to see if you can exchange out your transponder for a newer one?

On another note, is your wife really yelling at you for having to roll the window down for a few seconds?
did get a new one and does not work on rear plate. will try other options
yes my wife did yell at me. have you been married 59years. you will understand

did get a new one and does not work on rear plate. will try other options
yes my wife did yell at me. have you been married 59years. you will understand

Replace your EZ pass/your Tesla/your wife. Or all 3 maybe lol. You're right their service needs improvement. It's pretty nice when mobile service can fix an issue in your driveway though.