Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service mode Draining Battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been in the repair shop for a few days now and I notice the battery is draining unusually fast in service mode.

This morning my battery was at 86%, now its at 76%. The battery loss 10% in less than a day doing nothing. Should I be concerned, I left my car for days before and never seen drain this bad.

Check out the chart over the course of 24 hours.
SmartSelect_20230706_190622.jpg

Can anyone help me understand this?

A) Stop looking at it.
B) Disable any third part apps that are looking at it.

Nope, won't bother it. Most things will shut down at 20%.
Beyond that is common for cars that have been sold and are sitting at a dealer or auction yard.

It's in Tesla's hands now.

My car has been in the repair shop for a few days now and I notice the battery is draining unusually fast in service mode.

This morning my battery was at 86%, now its at 76%. The battery loss 10% in less than a day doing nothing. Should I be concerned, I left my car for days before and never seen drain this bad.

Check out the chart over the course of 24 hours.
View attachment 953825
Can anyone help me understand this?
Can I ask how you pulled up this graph? I would like to generate this for my Model 3. I've been away from home for 2 weeks...when I left, my range was showing ~250 mi. Coincidentally or not, after the last software update (2024.2.7), as I checked my app 2 days ago, it's down to 70 mi! Heading home today so I'll try to see what happened, but has anyone experienced this? This is alarming, to say the least!

Can I ask how you pulled up this graph? I would like to generate this for my Model 3. I've been away from home for 2 weeks...when I left, my range was showing ~250 mi. Coincidentally or not, after the last software update (2024.2.7), as I checked my app 2 days ago, it's down to 70 mi! Heading home today so I'll try to see what happened, but has anyone experienced this? This is alarming, to say the least!
Same as previous response, stop checking it, let it stay asleep.
If sentry is on turn it off.
And the car will tend to turn everything off anyway, once it hits 20%.

Same as previous response, stop checking it, let it stay asleep.
If sentry is on turn it off.
And the car will tend to turn everything off anyway, once it hits 20%.
Pretty sure Sentry mode was off, as that was my setting when I was at my home location. I don't know if that got reset accidentally by either the Service Center or the software upgrade. I'll check when I get home. Thanks