Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service mode in Japan - Password?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, confirm that it doesn't work here. Have you tried parking in the vicinity of one of the service centers and trying it again? No idea if it's true or not, but I saw it suggested somewhere that certain countries (including Japan) have some kind of geo-lock on where the service menu can be entered.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Yeah, confirm that it doesn't work here. Have you tried parking in the vicinity of one of the service centers and trying it again? No idea if it's true or not, but I saw it suggested somewhere that certain countries (including Japan) have some kind of geo-lock on where the service menu can be entered.
I will be at the Yokohama service center on Tuesday - will try and ask them for the password if it doesn't.

Well, yes you can access it while at Yokohama Service at least. When I got my car back, it was still on their wifi and I could login in with service as the password. This leads me to believe it is the wifi network that enables access?

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4654.jpeg

Reactions: hiroshiy