Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All! Should be an easy answer from you folks! So I see on lots of the service mode posts people checking battery health. Do I have to have MCU2 to do that? I don't see all that information accessible on mine. I have original MCU1 on a 2016.5 MSP100D. Am I missing it? EDIT: I am able to the app based Range assessment.

It’s the SW version that your MCU1 car is on that does not support additional service functions. I have seen that gradually they are giving these function to the Legacy car’s too, just a bit time if you dear to wait.
Ahh great! Hopefully my MCU2 upgrade next week will unlock all that stuff! With Eleanor being 7 years old and 95k miles keeping a close eye on battery is super important to me haha

TeslaTap site has a pretty good write-up on service mode. If you check the section under battery health check you'll see the comment that it appears to only be available on the newest 2021+ Model S. I believe this means you'll only find it on what some refer to as the Palladium platform, which was the code name for the newest version that has the landscape mode center display.

ref: Service Mode – TeslaTap

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
TeslaTap site has a pretty good write-up on service mode. If you check the section under battery health check you'll see the comment that it appears to only be available on the newest 2021+ Model S. I believe this means you'll only find it on what some refer to as the Palladium platform, which was the code name for the newest version that has the landscape mode center display.

ref: Service Mode – TeslaTap
Ahhhh what a shame. I'd love that.

This is my 15 S85D MCU1 with all updates.
1000002628.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston