Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service question: Is Tesla good at finding "squeaks"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 12K miles and really don't have a great reason to bring my car in for service and tire rotation yet. The closest thing I have are some very light intermittent squeaks that appear to come from the A pillars. Not a slam dunk noise that is always there, but when it's there it annoys me. Full disclosure : I have have a hatred for squeaks and rattles and notice them like a hawk. Anyway, what are folks experiences with service's ability to fix these types of problems? Are they likely to say "can't reproduce" and want to fix a vehicle with "real" issues or are they good with this?

Not sure if the same will apply to all vehicles but I had a 2013 Model S with squeaks in the A pillar/sunroof area. I took it in and they applied grease to the affected areas and problem solved. As with most Teslas (and most cars in general) if one is experiencing a certain problem it is a common problem with lots of them. Just a manufacturing defect. When I had my repair done they knew exactly where to apply grease as this was a common problem they had with lots of cars.

My Model S has zero squeaks or rattles for the 3 years I had it. But my new Model 3 has vibrations/vibration sound above 45-50 MPH speed. I do a lot of highway driving and I am very sensitive to such sounds. It is probably wheel or tire. I took it in to get it checked. The technician did a test ride with me and acknowledged the sound. They kept the car for a full week and returned back saying no issues were found. I plan to take it to outside shop to get road force done.