Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience it's very variable, but just stick to the appointment and it'll be fine.

I've never approved any estimate within the app, it's all been under warranty anyway, it's never caused any issue.

It's equally odd the other way, when you do receive an estimate and a price and you know it's under warranty.

The most important part is that you have the timeslot booked, leave the rest to them.

I've now got an appointment next week, one thing I'm unclear on is the message says it's contactless and there will be no showroom presence, does that mean there are no service staff in the showroom but it's still open as it says they will be able to look at the issue while I wait?

I've now got an appointment next week, one thing I'm unclear on is the message says it's contactless and there will be no showroom presence, does that mean there are no service staff in the showroom but it's still open as it says they will be able to look at the issue while I wait?
Everything still says contactless, but people don't mind you talking to them and the showrooms will certainly be open. Just turn up and head in and get a coffee and a comfy seat.

They don't need your key; the car detects it's at the service center and notifies them automatically and you'll get updates through the app from the technician. Once the repair is done, they send you a bill if there is anything to pay (zero if it's all warranty) and once you paid, they give you a one-time pin to start the car. Go back to your car, enter the pin and drive home.

There will be people around dealing with folks that are taking courtesy cars, feel free to ask them anything.

It's a clever system, I bet it saves Tesla lots of time not managing keys and passing messages between technicians and front of house staff. I like that you get to be in conversation with the actual people doing the fixing and get really clear explanations. They don't slavishly use the app as well, they will give you a call if there is anything more involved to discuss or come and find you if you are on site.

Last edited:
In my experience, you rock up at the SC in your car - the car knows you are there (you get a text) and books you in without you needing to see anyone. You then either go away or sit in and drink their coffee (and eat their sweets :D) until you get a message saying the work is complete. They then send you a one-time PIN that will allow you to drive away.

If they need to talk to you about anything, they message you (in text or app), or pop into the coffee lounge to find you.

I think that’s just a hangover from Covid. Bristol did contactless during Covid, all it meant was the key for the loaner was in a plastic bag, access to the waiting area was not allowed, someone still met you and walked you to the car which had been wiped down with disinfectant.

At Cardiff last time I was there things were normal.